Bills interested in Sam Bradford

Seems like nothing but speculation because we need a QB. 

He should be one of the cheaper options, considering his injury history. He knows he’ll need to take a shorter deal. 

Personally, I’ve never seen the big deal about him. He’s just kinda there.....

22 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Simple, fascination is potential. Not playing for 2 years doesn't mean much to me. He would be a solid option to replace Tyrod. I wouldn't expect 4000 yards and 30 TDs, but he is more than capable of putting up Tyrod #s, protecting the football, and managing the game. 

You don't sign Bridgewatrer and feel you're set at QB. He is a solid replacement though. 

Yeah. EJ didn't fail because he had to play though. 

Bradford is a stopgap with potential to be more. You double your odds of finding a QB by signing Bradford and getting a top QB in this draft. 

this is true, but i see him going someplace like az.

Hopefully this is just speculation....If we get Glassman than it is vital we do what we have to in getting into the top 5 and getting a QB......cause once Glassman goes down in the 1st game of the season god help us if its Peterman waiting in the wings!

6 minutes ago, BrotherChazz said:

This is perfect from McDermott's standpoint, because he gets to say he brought in a vet QB, but he'll still get to start Peterman for half the year.

You’re right. I’m sure they will add Bradford and only Bradford.

1 minute ago, horned dogs said:

If we get Bradford at a reasonable price and draft Rosen it is a great position

I'd like that situation, but I don't think Bradford would be comfortable knowing the clock would be ticking on his time as the #1. 

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Would be a nice backup to Rosen

The most important characteristic of a backup is availability/durability

Is Bradford a capable to good QB when healthy?  Yes he is.  Does he fit the McBeane "We want a pocket passer" profile?  Yes he does.

Does he pass the durability test?  Nope, no way.  He's broken hearts all over St Louis, I don't want him breaking Buffalo Bills fan hearts.

1 hour ago, FluffHead said:

@TomPelissero: The #Vikings have stayed in touch on Sam Bradford, but he may have options, provided he can pass a physical. One team to watch: the #Bills. Good scheme fit and they have some interest, sources say. Case Keenum could be an option in Buffalo, too.

I've really come to hate that phrase.  Can mean everything from "Saw Sam's agent in lengthy conversation with Beane in a bar at the Combine" to "some dude wrote a blog saying it's a good fit"

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I've really come to hate that phrase.  Can mean everything from "Saw Sam's agent in lengthy conversation with Beane in a bar at the Combine" to "some dude wrote a blog saying it's a good fit"

"Agents say" wouldn't go over well. Most of these sources are agents, or people connected to agents. 

Edited by TheTruthHurts

52 minutes ago, wppete said:

I agree. The only issues really with Bradford has been his health. If they do their homework, which we know McBean will do, and they feel comfortable with him I would like Bradford to Groom Josh Rosen for our future. 

Is he good at grooming rookies?  Does he want to do so?

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I promise you that Ian Rapoport and Tom Pelissero are not reporting that a team is interested if their source is a random guy with a blog saying it might make sense lol.

They have multiple sources telling them that Buffalo is interested in Bradford.

3 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

I promise you that Ian Rapoport and Tom Pelissero are not reporting that a team is interested if their source is a random guy with a blog saying it might make sense lol.

They have multiple sources telling them that Buffalo is interested in Bradford.

OK, then, they have Bradford's AGENT telling them that, and everyone knows AGENTS always dole press the straight gouge.  Like Marrone to the Jets.  And Rexy to the Falcons.

Just now, BrotherChazz said:

Apparently nobody here understands sarcasm. Or there are too many goof balls here that sarcasm just flies over the head at this point. 

that last.  Sorry!  With the CoP strong here, mistook it for serious.

1 hour ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Small connection, but a connection nonetheless, our tight end coach was with the Rams during a couple of years of Bradford's tenure there. He was OC after Bradford was traded.  In fact Boras has coached Bradford, Foles, and Case Keenum. 

I would think that's a negative factor for the Bills as far as Foles and Keenum are concerned, anyway.  Foles enjoyed his time under Boras so much he considered that leaving the game he loves might be preferable.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

He is better than Cousins so if the Bills got lucky with his health then they really hit the jackpot.  Watch the game he played week 1 against the Saints if you want to see how good of a QB he is.  If he is the free agent target they definitely need to secure a QB for the future.  Even if they get a healthy season from him this year it is unlikely they would get multiple.  

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

Good.  The Bills should say they're interested in every QB that's available to get the price for Foles to stay at a 2nd rounder.

That's the point I was making earlier.   If that was the plan, then it would make sense because it would provide more urgency to the Eagles to make the trade now before they lose out on their rumored highest bidder for Foles.  If indeed they do want to trade him.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The most important characteristic of a backup is availability/durability

Is Bradford a capable to good QB when healthy?  Yes he is.  Does he fit the McBeane "We want a pocket passer" profile?  Yes he does.

Does he pass the durability test?  Nope, no way.  He's broken hearts all over St Louis, I don't want him breaking Buffalo Bills fan hearts.

The difference between the St. Louis situation and the possible Buffalo situation is that I don't believe the hometown franchise perceives him as the long-term qb as St. Louis did when he was the first player taken in the draft. From Bradford''s standpoint I'm sure he recognizes that what he needs to do in the short-term is regain some credibility as a player. Due to injuries he hasn't played in a long time. So it is doubtful that he is going to garner a rich multi-year contract in the market. If he could be signed on a very reasonable contract this would be a good match. What's the risk? If the Bills get one of the premium qb prospects and Bradford gets hurt then the rookie is going to get early playing time. If the often injured veteran qb plays well then the rookie qb has more time to prepare. The bottom line is that it would be a good situation for Bradford and for the Bills. 

12 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

OK, then, they have Bradford's AGENT telling them that, and everyone knows AGENTS always dole press the straight gouge.  Like Marrone to the Jets.  And Rexy to the Falcons.

that last.  Sorry!  With the CoP strong here, mistook it for serious.

I would think that's a negative factor for the Bills as far as Foles and Keenum are concerned, anyway.  Foles enjoyed his time under Boras so much he considered that leaving the game he loves might be preferable.

I'm sure that Bradford's agent is one of the sources they used, but he isn't the only one.

10 minutes ago, Doc said:

Good.  The Bills should say they're interested in every QB that's available to get the price for Foles to stay at a 2nd rounder.

I think the Eagles will find that the market for Foles is smaller than they anticipated. There aren't a ton of teams he makes sense for given the QBs available in the draft and free agency.