Vontae a Bill!!

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

Thanks for the insight! 

Any knowledge of Jaire Alexander? I have seen a lot of mixed reviews about him but have heard some good things about his skill set and see where he might drop to the mid 3rd? (Though I have also seen him in round 1 in some places) 

No, I'm sure others can chime in. I'm an LSU fan and with my CFB watching being limited I didn't catch many other games this year. This community has a handful of guys who love grading players so I will be depending on them this year.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, SouthNYfan said:

i'm a little bummed it's a 1 year "prove it" deal

what if he does "prove it"

do we pony up top $$ for a 31 year old CB?

i would have preferred a 2-3 year deal with heavy incentives

i also don't think we can keep gaines now, he's looking to be 4/$25-37 mil projected

davis is not going to enter this deal expecting to be a #3 corner, which means we'd be paying gaines top 15 CB $$ to be our #3

Usually on the 1 year deals, it’s the player who wants it that way. 

The fact that that the agent hadn’t leaked the terms likely means it’s not big $

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

The fact that that the agent hadn’t leaked the terms likely means it’s not big $

that's a fair assessment

i'm hoping does prove it, likes buffalo, and we can sign him to a couple more years

i don't see gaines staying for the $$ he's projected though

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

maybe he feels if he couldn't get a ring with the fins or the colts, gotta get it done with dabills

2 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Can't help but wonder if signing with us was a matter of wanting to play opposite a young stud and beside great safeties. Makes aging a little easier having that group guarding your back. With that being said, I expect him to do very well against #2 receivers. 

I know when he was entering the draft he was seen more as a zone corner with his size and ability to tackle well. Plus, he gets to play with 3 other pro-caliber DB's. I'm really happy with the signing. 

39 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

He was #31 on top 101 free agent list but not sure how much research they actually did since Kyle Williams is listed on it and he medically prohibited from playing (but still better than Cutter.  He was actually higher ranked than E.J. Gaines (#34).

What the heck are you talking about?

6 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

I don't see us being too active in FA, tbh.

Really? We have a lot of free agents set to hit the market. We are gonna have to be active. We may not be going after to the top guys.... But I can see us signing a ton of roster fillers. I think Star will be our big piece added. After than I can see is adding 5-6 depth signings. 

On 2/15/2018 at 1:24 PM, Steptide said:

Ironically, the bills have a good way of reviving older players careers. Alexander is a good example, and I'd even put Kyle Williams in there because he still plays at such a high level. 

This not irony. 

32 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

Ehhh maybe... Maybe not. Think this is a flexibility signing. Let's us still try to sign him but if his price gets to high then we don't have to over pay and can let him walk.

I love the signing but the Bills still need to address the position. Shareece Wright as the backup absolutely killed us last year.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 2