How much leverage did Belichick lose tonight?

3 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Say all the egos and power struggle stories are true.

if tonight didn’t cement who is needed to be kept and who can go then I don’t know what else to say.

peyton manning didn’t need.tony singer to keep it rolling it was Peyton.

I don't know but it is going to be a long week for Mrs B.  There probably is not lingerie hot enough to bring him out of a one month funk.

36 minutes ago, Cruiserplayer said:

Over the next ten years I’d rather play against Brady and whoever than Belichick and jimmy g.  

The Jimmy G thing could really be huge in setting them back for a long long time.  There's only so much avocado and HGH Brady can take until time becomes the great equalizer - I think his decline will come much faster than people think

43 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

He retires. Watch

Not out of the question.  Plus I bet he's anticipating on leaving Kraft (and Brady) high and dry for getting nixed regarding not being able to trade Brady.

10 minutes ago, stevewin said:

The Jimmy G thing could really be huge in setting them back for a long long time.  There's only so much avocado and HGH Brady can take until time becomes the great equalizer - I think his decline will come much faster than people think

Time gets everyone, but Favre was quoted this week making an interesting point. When he retired (the second time), he could still make every NFL throw, but his body just couldn't take the hits anymore.

I think that may end up being what gets Brady. His throwing ability isn't likely going away, but how much punishment can his body continue to take?

17 minutes ago, stevewin said:

I wish this were true, but the 40 year old just won the league MVP and set a record for passing yards in a SB. I've been reading about his decline for a few years now. I'll believe it when I see it. Reminds me of Mariano Rivera whose drop off years were still better than everyone elses.

Bradys  greatness aggravates me to no end and certainly time will eventually catch up, but what makes you think it's coming so fast?

Brady threw for 505 yards and three touchdowns.  The defensive genius's defense gave up 41 points and 538 yards.  The argument between who's more valuable (Brady or Belichick) certainly swung in Brady's favor tonight.

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, stevewin said:

Are you basing that on the fact that he just threw for 505 yards (all time record) in a Superbowl at age 40? 

25 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Pats offseason 

BB retires - ego

Gronk Retires - health

Brady Retires. - home life 

Cant wait lol

The Gronk developments tonight after the game were quite interesting.

It sounds like he is genuinely considering retirement due to health concerns.

37 minutes ago, 1st&ten said:

Bellichick retires buys a professional lacrosse team. The NFL dies out & lacrosse becomes the number one sport in America. Later he becomes commish of the league.

And he takes Chris Hogan with him, who becomes the lacrosse league's version of Brady!

• Haha (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Not out of the question.  Plus I bet he's anticipating on leaving Kraft (and Brady) high and dry for getting nixed regarding not being able to trade Brady.

And he will wait until all the good HC candidates are off the market and then resign.

Kraft backed the wrong pony in this one. Belichick is more his rival, so he's the one that Kraft sees as a threat that must be eliminated. Thing is Kraft, Bill, and Brady are all on the decline. But Belichick can make the playoffs in his sleep until he's 75. Brady will be retired in 2 years.

Strange things happen in NE over the past 18 years for sure. Kraft let Belichick cheat to win. I'm sure that complicates their relationship too. Bill coached this Super Bowl like he it was his last game, and he just wanted to enjoy the two weeks. The play choices and the execution of those ****ty plays was embarrassing to the Patriots. Jimmy G's trade sealed Kraft/Belichick's fate.

9 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Brady threw for 505 yards and three touchdowns.  The defensive genius's defense gave up 41 points and 538 yards.  The argument between who's more valuable (Brady or Belichick) certainly swung in Brady's favor tonight.

And he was slingin it too.  Down field passes, tight windows.  He was on point.

9 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

NE was 29th in yards given up going into the game.

Philly was ranked 4th and gave up 618 yards (a record) a 10 point halftime lead and 14 points in the 3rd Q.  Does that mean Schwartz is on the outs in Philly?

It was a shootout.  A great SB game.  No one is firing BB.

10 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

I wish this were true, but the 40 year old just won the league MVP and set a record for passing yards in a SB. I've been reading about his decline for a few years now. I'll believe it when I see it. Reminds me of Mariano Rivera whose drop off years were still better than everyone elses.

Bradys  greatness aggravates me to no end and certainly time will eventually catch up, but what makes you think it's coming so fast?

How he played last night.  Yes, he threw for a super-amazing 500 net passing yards and 3 TD.  But he only completed 57% of his passes, and a bunch of the incompletions were throws he would have made like clockwork 2 years ago.  57% completions for Brady is well below his usual standard.  It's been glimpses during the season too.  During 2014-2016, Brady hasn't had a single game where he threw for <50% completions.  This year, he had 2.

Belichick has had a career of spotting when players are starting to decline, based on subtle things, and moving on to a young guy in the wings while the rest of the league is "why are they letting him go, he's really good!"  If the rumors are true that Belichick wanted to trade Brady and keep Garappolo, it's because while Brady is still very good, Belichick sees the subtle signs of impending fall-off.

24 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

NE was 29th in yards given up going into the game.

Philly was ranked 4th and gave up 618 yards (a record) a 10 point halftime lead and 14 points in the 3rd Q.  Does that mean Schwartz is on the outs in Philly?

It was a shootout.  A great SB game.  No one is firing BB.

Wait, What?  Someone is arguing BB should be fired?  I don't see that at all

51 minutes ago, dneveu said:

And he was slingin it too.  Down field passes, tight windows.  He was on point.

Please don't misunderstand.  I'm not in any way arguing that Brady sucks.  But I don't think it can be argued that he missed a number of throws he would have hit 1 year, 2 years back.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

How he played last night.  Yes, he threw for a super-amazing 500 net passing yards and 3 TD.  But he only completed 57% of his passes, and a bunch of the incompletions were throws he would have made like clockwork 2 years ago.  57% completions for Brady is well below his usual standard.  It's been glimpses during the season too.  During 2014-2016, Brady hasn't had a single game where he threw for <50% completions.  This year, he had 2.

Belichick has had a career of spotting when players are starting to decline, based on subtle things, and moving on to a young guy in the wings while the rest of the league is "why are they letting him go, he's really good!"  If the rumors are true that Belichick wanted to trade Brady and keep Garappolo, it's because while Brady is still very good, Belichick sees the subtle signs of impending fall-off.

Wait, What?  Someone is arguing BB should be fired?  I don't see that at all

Please don't misunderstand.  I'm not in any way arguing that Brady sucks.  But I don't think it can be argued that he missed a number of throws he would have hit 1 year, 2 years back.

The OP.

"one needed to  be kept, the other can go"

Edited by Mr. WEO

My bold predictions;

Belichick will retire ... I still think there is something rotten in the organization trading away #2 & #3 QB this season and I'm thinking it was a Belichick/Brady/Kraft power struggle

Brady comes back next year ... he has stated that he wants to keep playing until he sucks ... he didn't suck last night ... and he won his power struggle

Gronk comes back next year ... his "quote" was a quote from a player who played 18 games, his body is beat up and tired, and he was disappointed losing a game that he felt they should have won.

McDaniels stiffs the Colts and comes back to the Pats* to take over as head coach ... There's been lots of "buzz" about Patricia taking over the Lions ... but nothing really concrete about McDaniels finalizing a deal with the Colts. 

9 minutes ago, macaroni said:

My bold predictions;

Belichick will retire ... I still think there is something rotten in the organization trading away #2 & #3 QB this season and I'm thinking it was a Belichick/Brady/Kraft power struggle

Brady comes back next year ... he has stated that he wants to keep playing until he sucks ... he didn't suck last night ... and he won his power struggle

Gronk comes back next year ... his "quote" was a quote from a player who played 18 games, his body is beat up and tired, and he was disappointed losing a game that he felt they should have won.

McDaniels stiffs the Colts and comes back to the Pats* to take over as head coach ... There's been lots of "buzz" about Patricia taking over the Lions ... but nothing really concrete about McDaniels finalizing a deal with the Colts. 

Belichick is not leaving. Thry asked him today if hes coming back and he already addressed that and will not kerp ansnwering the same question.

13 minutes ago, Cmdjr85 said:

Belichick is not leaving. Thry asked him today if hes coming back and he already addressed that and will not kerp ansnwering the same question.

Like I prefaced the post ... those are my bold PREDICTIONS .... nothing absolute ... just predictions.

32 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

The OP.

"one needed to  be kept, the other can go"

Just to clarify I wasn’t saying BB needed to be fired I was only stating that after last night if there really is a power struggle or a debate on who is more valuable to NE, then BB lost ground after his defense went off the rails.

19 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Just to clarify I wasn’t saying BB needed to be fired I was only stating that after last night if there really is a power struggle or a debate on who is more valuable to NE, then BB lost ground after his defense went off the rails.

So when you said last night "cemented" that Brady "needed to stay" and that BB "can go".......what did "can go" mean?  You think that having lost "leverage", BB would retire?

There are only 2 ways out of the league for a coach....

14 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

So when you said last night "cemented" that Brady "needed to stay" and that BB "can go".......what did "can go" mean?  You think that having lost "leverage", BB would retire?

There are only 2 ways out of the league for a coach....

In a hypothetical show down between the more valuable asset to the team BB or TB.

13 hours ago, SNICE said:

They’re both losers tonight!   :D

Brady’s old, time will catch him. Belicheat can be old and do his job. He wins.

When?

14 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

He retires. Watch

Maybe, but if he doesn't, they are probably the favorite to win the AFC in 2018. That might be incentive to return.

Ha ha. You guys are pathetic at times. Maybe those media **** rumors are true, but most likely, just over emphasized. I hope I'm not alone to wish the Bills beat the Hoodie-Brady combo while  they are still strong, and not because Father Time or another outside reason takes them down. THAT will happen for sure. The best revenge is still to best them. I was one that was thrilled when Clown Rex wanted Brady for that 2nd game a few years back... So OK, he got his wish and it turned out real bad ha ha, but I prefer that attitude to just waiting that the beatings stop because of XYZ!