Tanner Lee is a dark horse QB to keep an eye on

2 hours ago, Lfod said:

Look I've been supportive of Nate. I've stood up for the rook when people have written him off. I hope your right because I don't wanna look stupid for trying to stay a Petermaniac. If he doesn't start and show some promise I'm done.

Even after the 5 interceptions I had the rooks back. Defended the choice to start him. He better be Tom Brady 2.0 or I'm joining your group of haters. I don't like you cheating on him thinking of other Saviors. 

lol...i think with a second off season...and i know i've said all this before in other threads....but i think this kid has the smarts and that's the no. 1 quality of a qb.

maybe he's a fitz, maybe he's an alex smith....which is why i'd rather not pay a lot to get smith....maybe he turns out to be a playoff caliber starter. i believe if this last year had been his second season and he started all 16, we would have been 10-6.

i would prefer we get foles over anyone, but i'm also ok with them feeling they can roll with nate and a rookie. i hate to see them toss draft picks to move up because it will take a ton to move up.

Edited by billsredneck1

6 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

maybe he's a fitz, maybe he's an alex smith....which is why i'd rather not pay a lot to get smith....maybe he turns out to be a playoff caliber starter. i believe if this last year had been his second season and he started all 16, we would have been 10-6.

I'd like to understand your logic.    Because based on the limited amount we did get to see him play, it seems more like the Bills would have been competing with San Fran and the Giants for worst team in the NFL not from Cleveland.

No.

We don’t need to keep an eye on “dark horse” QB’s because our roster is already full of crappy dark horse QB’s.

The Bills will be bringing in something “a little more legitimate” than a dark horse.

Should I make a thread saying so?

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, PolishDave said:

I'd like to understand your logic.    Because based on the limited amount we did get to see him play, it seems more like the Bills would have been competing with San Fran and the Giants for worst team in the NFL not from Cleveland.

Do you think Cleveland would swap #1 and #4 for #21 and #22 if we threw in Peterman?

Maybe we can get "savior" to lead the conference call with Beane and Cleveland's front office???

I mean it's clear they don't read any scouting reports, nor watch any football themselves, so I'm sure with his enthusiasm and "Peterman hard-on" he could convince them in a couple of minutes.

They traded the rights to draft Wentz away, why wouldn't they do it again?

Especially when they're getting back the real deal!!

*/Endsarcasm*

3 hours ago, simool said:

Only surpassed by a Taylor, Peterman, Lee depth chart.

Hyperbole aside would a Peterman - Lee depth chart be the worst in NFL history? I honestly believe that it would be right in the conversation. There was an article not too long ago about the 10 worst depth charts of the last decade. Losman, Edwards, Nall was 4. Edwards, Fitz, Hamadan and EJ, Tuel, Thad were honorable mentions. Number one on the list was Grossman, Beck and Crompton. Peterman - Lee is a lot worse than any of those. It has a chance to be the worst QB depth chart that I can remember.

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Hyperbole aside would a Peterman - Lee depth chart be the worst in NFL history? I honestly believe that it would be right in the conversation. There was an article down not too long ago about the 10 worst depth charts of the last decade. Losman, Edwards, Nall was 4. Edwards, Fitz, Hamadan and EJ, Tuel, Thad were honorable mentions. Number one on the list was Grossman, Beck and Crompton. Peterman - Lee is a lot worse than any of that. It has a chance to be the worst QB depth chart that I can remember.

Thank God that it actually doesn't beyond the active imagination of the OP.

2 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

2 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

Wouldn't Kyle Lauletta be a more plausible fella insofar as Senior Bowl success might actually improve his draft stock?  But OP is a provocateur and not really serious, so all this is besides the point.

this may be the greatest descriptor ever.

2 hours ago, Jay_Fixit said:

People just need to appreciate him. 

they do.  you have to give him credit...he never half asses an attempt.

Edited by teef

I couldn't watch the Senior Bowl.  My wife was watching a Hallmark movie on the oly TV with a cable box.  I can read game summaries.  They did not sound encouraging.  However, Lee got a Senior Bowl invite for a reason.  Somebody thinks he's got NFL upside.   There are so many variables in the draft, I couldn't begin to try and predict what will actually happen.  The best mock drafters might get a handful of first round predictions right.  After that it's a total crap shoot.  Tanner Lee might be the last QB Buffalo would want to take in the draft, but I'll guarantee  they are aware of him, and have a scenario in mind where picking him makes sense.  Do I think it's going to happen?  No.  But nothing shocks me about the draft.

2 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

I couldn't watch the Senior Bowl.  My wife was watching a Hallmark movie on the oly TV with a cable box.  I can read game summaries.  They did not sound encouraging.  However, Lee got a Senior Bowl invite for a reason.  Somebody thinks he's got NFL upside.   There are so many variables in the draft, I couldn't begin to try and predict what will actually happen.  The best mock drafters might get a handful of first round predictions right.  After that it's a total crap shoot.  Tanner Lee might be the last QB Buffalo would want to take in the draft, but I'll guarantee  they are aware of him, and have a scenario in mind where picking him makes sense.  Do I think it's going to happen?  No.  But nothing shocks me about the draft.

IIRC, it was only because Mason Rudolph couldn't play due a foot injury. 

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

IIRC, it was only because Mason Rudolph couldn't play due a foot injury. 

But after Rudolph got hurt, that invitation went to Tanner lee rather than another one of the hundred or so QBs that might have been eligible for the senior bowl.

21 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

But after Rudolph got hurt, that invitation went to Tanner lee rather than another one of the hundred or so QBs that might have been eligible for the senior bowl.

Had to get someone to fill the spot. He's not much of a prospect from an NFL perspective. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

3 hours ago, SaviorPeterman said:

FYI - when I say this year's NP, I obviously mean a steal that was drafted later than he should be.

Because in a few years when all these pundits do their '2017 redrafts' pretty sure NP will be a 1st rounder, maybe even top 10 pick depending how his career goes.

In fact I already saw one that had Patrick Mahomes as  top 5 draft pick if they could redo it today, and he's a very similar player to NP just with a much bigger arm.

Peterman was a steal?!  Interesting 

3 hours ago, SaviorPeterman said:

FYI - when I say this year's NP, I obviously mean a steal that was drafted later than he should be.

Because in a few years when all these pundits do their '2017 redrafts' pretty sure NP will be a 1st rounder, maybe even top 10 pick depending how his career goes.

In fact I already saw one that had Patrick Mahomes as  top 5 draft pick if they could redo it today, and he's a very similar player to NP just with a much bigger arm.

Interestingly, the scouting report on Mahomes is has a really really big arm.  Needs to work on absolutely everything else but that big arm makes it worth It. 

I watched the senior bowl and thought these guys look pretty decent except for that kid from Nebraska, he's horrible. If they are looking for "this year's Peterman" then i think they need to dream a little bigger than the absolute worst QB to take a snap in the NFL this year

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I think that he meant Peterman “stole” not Peterman was a “steal.” 

I think he's quoting the defensive secondary whenever Nate drops back to pass :

"Oh boy! It's a steal......"

Edited by grb
  • Haha (+1) 2

5 hours ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Your move, Buffalo Barbarian.  There is a new challenger!!

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I think that he meant Peterman “stole” not Peterman was a “steal.” 

...seriously?....what the hell did he steal?.....a 5th round pick with minis, voluntaries, OTA's, a bit pf pre-season work whose FIRST start is a disaster STOLE?......next time you have a thought, save it......Jesus to think I thought we had heard it all.........laughable gets married to pathetic...............

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...seriously?....what the hell did he steal?.....a 5th round pick with minis, voluntaries, OTA's, a bit pf pre-season work whose FIRST start is a disaster STOLE?......next time you have a thought, save it......Jesus to think I thought we had heard it all.........laughable gets married to pathetic...............

I will keep my opinions to myself. I mean a football message board is no place to share your opinions!! 

However, I wasn’t sharing an opinion I was sharing a fact. He sucks. 

p.s. He stole $704,499 from Terry and Kim Pegula

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, SaviorPeterman said:

It's not ludicrous if you look at what NP showed as a rookie and project him to take a huge step in year 2, 3, etc.

Nothing is guaranteed but I still feel that we struck gold with NP just like we did with most of the 2017 draft picks. The talent and intangibles are there which is why TT was benched for him in the first place. He just needs to continue to hit the gym to improve arm strength (which was mostly fine anyway as a rookie) and avoid the turnovers.

But getting back on topic, Tanner Lee could be even better in the long run if he lands on the right team and is developed properly.

Just imagine if he actually played well!

8 hours ago, SaviorPeterman said:

This is so satirical its not even funny. Like... I know Peterman is brought up like he should have started over Tyrod but no one... I mean NO ONE love Peterman this much

that would be pretty Billsy start Peterman and go 3-13 and get the top pick in a draft where there are no QB's to pick.  meanwhile there are probably 2-3 franchise QB's available in this one.  the last time we took the top QB in a draft it was EJ in what is probably the worst QB draft class in history.  can our luck be any worse?

20 hours ago, billsredneck1 said:

lol...i think with a second off season...and i know i've said all this before in other threads....but i think this kid has the smarts and that's the no. 1 quality of a qb.

i would prefer we get foles over anyone, but i'm also ok with them feeling they can roll with nate and a rookie. i hate to see them toss draft picks to move up because it will take a ton to move up.

You must be kidding? He threw a pick on 10% of his passes. Tyrod threw 420 passes last seaon. If we assume NP threw that many he would have 42 ints last year which would tie him with George Blanda for most all time in a season.

Peterman is a terrible NFL quarterback, just like plenty of other guys drafted with "potential and character and intangibles". If he is the plan going forward, the Bills will be locked into the number one pick.

6 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

You must be kidding? He threw a pick on 10% of his passes. Tyrod threw 420 passes last seaon. If we assume NP threw that many he would have 42 ints last year which would tie him with George Blanda for most all time in a season.

Peterman is a terrible NFL quarterback, just like plenty of other guys drafted with "potential and character and intangibles". If he is the plan going forward, the Bills will be locked into the number one pick.

george blanda...i always thought he was famous....must be he only played one season and i just happened to hear his name mentioned somewhere.:rolleyes: