Source: Bills all in on Peterman unless they can land Sam Darnold

7 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The desire is to draw attention and nothing more.  It's a preposterous premise.

Glenn and Tyrod go hand in hand with popular belief. I feel like those points are obvious and most will be shocked if it DOESN'T happen.

2 hours ago, blacklabel said:

Your bottom line here is absurd. The kid is slow to read and react. Almost as slow as EJ. He has a quick/compact delivery but doesn't have the arm strength to put it on a rope and hit his man on the more difficult throws a QB is asked to make. 

He threw a game-sealing interception and you're calling it impressive because the team that intercepted it beat Pittsburgh and came close vs New England. That's absurd. The defense deserves all the credit for giving them a chance to win in Jacksonville. When his number was called, the dude faltered. If he's as good and as smart as you believe, he doesn't even throw that out route if he has any idea the closing speed Ramsey has. And Ramsey read it the whole way. 

I don't think the dude is ever going to be a long term starter. Decent number two with a chance at a Case Keenum 2017 type season is his ceiling. 

And every team has Darnold rated highly, despite his turnovers this year. Teams obviously see he has everything you want in a franchise guy and just needs coaching and experience at the pro level. 

I wish there was an emoji for doing a raspberry but since there isn't I'mma just type tthhhppppbbbtttthththt.

and he was in that game situation because of why?.....we couldn't get in the endzone the entire game?....and then it was on the spot pull it out duty?

The posts consist of all of the Tt trolls , yes you know who they are , who can't wait to stick it to Peterman. the sycophants  who go along with them or anybody else that projects a dissenting post , and the idiots. There are a few , very few., posts worth the time invested. Mcd & Beane know what they are doing and to think  all of the people telling us, i could go along with this or i want this person for QB know what the hell they are talking about. As far as Peterman is concerned, maybe McD likes him and maybe not. Eric Wood said very good things about him. WE will have to wait for free agency and the draft to find out.

Edited by Wily Dog
spelling
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Sorry I haven't posted much lately but have been tied up in a lot of high level business meetings recently so not much time to post.

High level business meetings? That doesn't even mean anything. Sounds like you are a little full of yourself.

5 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

Five picks in one half.  Maybe it was just a case of rookie nervousness.

Or maybe he's just that bad.  

I wouldn't be okay with Peterman as the starter.  

People forget the context of the 5 INTs.  One went thru the receivers hands.  Was it thrown too hard? Maybe, but it could've been caught.  Two were thrown with a pass rusher in his face affecting the trajectory.  Should he have thrown them? Maybe not, but if he held the ball and took sacks then people would complain that he was taking sacks.  Only 2 of the 5 INTs were blatant bad throws and on one the defender made a great play.  I'm not a Peterman backer, just being a realist. 

Some of you guys are too quick to make negative judgements on players, like with Zay Jones.  Many called the last second play vs Carolina a drop.  That catch attempt had a high degree of difficulty.  Could he have caught it? Yes, but I look at it more as a disconnection, not a drop.  If you wanted to see drops, you should've watched Amari Cooper this year, who I believe led the NFL in official drops.  He'd be 5 yards from the QB, standing still, throw placed chest high right to his hands and he'd drop it.  I don't recall Zay having more than maybe a couple like that.

Edited by LittleJoeCartwright
  • Like (+1) 1

Beane didn't even draft Peterman but is in love with the kid and realizes they struck gold. As was Brian Gaine (who my source likely got this info from since he went to the Texans knowing all the Bills offseason plans).

Bottom line NP showed a lot in very tough circumstances including the non INT against a Jags team that went on to win in Pittsburgh and nearly upset the Patriots. Makes NP's performance that much more impressive in hindsight.

It actually doesn't really make him look any better

I mean, I personally believe that we'll get Bradford to come in and only take a QB if we really like one, or get a sweet deal. Honestly the only QBs I don't want are Rosen and Jackson. With that in mind, here's a draft assuming we don't get a QB with our picks.

image.png.9ae7f5d89eeeb4bfa885a4addf1c2449.png

5 minutes ago, Wily Dog said:

The posts consist of all of the Tt trolls , yes you know who they are , who can't wait to stick it to Peterman. the sycophants  who go along with them or anybody else that projects a dissenting post , and the idiots. There are a few , very few., posts worth the time invested. Mcd & Beane know what they are doing and to think  all of the people telling us, i could go along with this or i want this person for QB know what the hell they are talking about. As far as Peterman is concerned, maybe McD likes him and maybe not. Eric Wood said very good things about him. WE will have to wait for frat agency and the draft to find out.

Well ... said ... ? 

Why people insist on claiming non-existent sources to buttress their posts is a complete mystery.

The GM has been cery clear that having a quality QB is essential.  If they really like one of these guys in the draft I expect they move way up.  If not they won't.  And they'll bring a. vet FA in, whomever Dabold likes.

7 hours ago, Tatonka68 said:

People put to much stock in his 1st game and throwing 5 INT's. IT WAS ONE GAME IDIOTS. Jim Kelly threw 3 INTS in the 1st quarter of a Monday night game. I guess he sucks too. Not saying he is the answer, but give him a damn chance. 

I'm quite sure history will prove you be the idiot if you are willing to admit when you are wrong. 

22 minutes ago, Rk_Bills86 said:

I mean, I personally believe that we'll get Bradford to come in and only take a QB if we really like one, or get a sweet deal. Honestly the only QBs I don't want are Rosen and Jackson. With that in mind, here's a draft assuming we don't get a QB with our picks.

image.png.9ae7f5d89eeeb4bfa885a4addf1c2449.png

I saw that mock too I believe... If that's who they draft they can lay off the entire scouting department, and FO, and throw in the coaching staff too the day after the draft again.

That is ridiculous.  

Edited by Ol Dirty B

5 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

Bringing this up forever, which some fans are going to do, is not really relevant to Peterman's potential or where he stands in his career.

There are plenty of other things to criticize him about, but constantly referencing his first half of football, ever, is stupid.

I am thinking of Troy Aikman, for example, looking horrible for the first few years of his career.  The  Cowboys won very little and Aikman got killed.  No one talks about what happened in the 3rd game (or first half!) of his career..they tend to focus more on the 3 Superbowl rings and his admission to the HOF.

Exactly.  Peyton Manning, a Super Bowl winner and HOF QB, threw 28 INTs in his rookie season, leading his team to a 3-13 record. His second season he cut his INTs almost in half (15) and his team reversed their record to 13-3.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LittleJoeCartwright said:

Exactly.  Peyton Manning, a Super Bowl winner and HOF QB, threw 28 INTs in his rookie season, leading his team to a 3-13 record. His second season he cut his INTs almost in half (15) and his team reversed their record to 13-3.

Just stop it. This point is stupid. If you can't figure that out on your own it's not even worth explaining it.

7 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Saw the OP Screen Name, got this far, stopped reading.

Enough of the "inside source" threads. It's Buffalo. We ALL know someone who works at OBD. Heck, I used to be there a few times a month with my old job.

And you haven't exposed trade secrets? You are NOT a team player.

Converted a 4th and 3 with his legs on the first play he entered the game. INT should not have counted either and it was another deflection anyway because the WR's weren't used to catching such high velocity throws from an NFL caliber QB.

And despite McD being in over his head against a vastly superior Jags coaching staff and team, NP almost tied the game. Still think we would have won with him starting.

High velocity throws.... From Peterman. I hated Tyrod but you will NEVER get the 2 arms confused. I am CONVINCED THIS IS SATIRE.

3 hours ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Just let it happen Beast. Let it shower over you.

My source tells me that 90% of those who say they have a source have no source,  just like 90% of the people who say they were at the greatest comeback game were not there.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, billsfan11 said:

Shows flashes? What exactly has he shown? The odd time he wont throw an interception, maybe?

Peterman has shown flashes. There is being bad, ie JP and EJ, and guys who make mistakes. 

Ill take a guy like NP, who from the outside, looks smart and confident. Takes chances, and trusts his eyes /strengths. 

Where as a guy like Edwards or TT who takes too long to read and doesn’t trust their abilities. 

I think it’s easier, with the speed of the NFL, to ask a guy like NP to take an extra .25 seconds to let the play develop, then to ask a guy like TT to fire the ball .25 seconds early into a coverage he doesn’t understand.

I am not clamoring for NP to be the guy. Not sure he has the mental ability to ever be a starter in this league. Just commenting on what I think he does well in comparison to what we have. He throws a good ball with anticipation. 

I think thats fair.

Disclaimer: I don’t want to go into 2018 as NP as our starter. 

• Like (+1) 4

23 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I'm quite sure history will prove you be the idiot if you are willing to admit when you are wrong. 

I saw that mock too I believe... If that's who they draft they can lay off the entire scouting department, and FO, and throw in the coaching staff too the day after the draft again.

That is ridiculous.  

I mean, I literally just did that draft on FanSpeak. If you consider what this guy says about the QB situation, whats wrong with who I drafted? Was I heavy on the Safeties and Corners, sure, a little bit. But we have injury issues, and little depth and a possible opening on the one side. Again, if we don't draft a QB, tell me why my draft is SOOOOOO terrible. 

11 minutes ago, Rk_Bills86 said:

I mean, I literally just did that draft on FanSpeak. If you consider what this guy says about the QB situation, whats wrong with who I drafted? Was I heavy on the Safeties and Corners, sure, a little bit. But we have injury issues, and little depth and a possible opening on the one side. Again, if we don't draft a QB, tell me why my draft is SOOOOOO terrible. 

Oh no, I'm sorry. I didn't mean that as your draft isn't plausible. I've just seen something similar in other mock drafts especially, LB, and DT at the top of the draft. Take it as a compliment. I can see it happening. I meant that I just completely disagree with it. I thought that was an actual mock you found some where lol.

17 minutes ago, Mango said:

Peterman has shown flashes. There is being bad, ie JP and EJ, and guys who make mistakes. 

Ill take a guy like NP, who from the outside, looks smart and confident. Takes chances, and trusts his eyes /strengths. 

Where as a guy like Edwards or TT who takes too long to read and doesn’t trust their abilities. 

I think it’s easier, with the speed of the NFL, to ask a guy like NP to take an extra .25 seconds to let the play develop, then to ask a guy like TT to fire the ball .25 seconds early into a coverage he doesn’t understand.

I am not clamoring for NP to be the guy. Not sure he has the mental ability to ever be a starter in this league. Just commenting on what I think he does well in comparison to what we have. He throws a good ball with anticipation. 

I think thats fair.

Disclaimer: I don’t want to go into 2018 as NP as our starter. 

I appreciate your comment.

Got to say I disagree though.

I really don't see any skills/much upside to the guy.

In regards to your comment about him throwing the ball well with anticipation, the problem is defenders start squatting on those routes because he seems very predictable.

As we saw in that LA game. The defenders knew he was going to get rid of the ball quick with anticipation and they literally sat on 2-3 of those interceptions

I wonder how many "fans" of the Bill's would  be in favor of trading Peterman to the Patriots , especially in the situation smoldering in the Brady household over retirement for Marsha. The Patriot's might be set for the next 15 years at QB .

2 minutes ago, Wily Dog said:

I wonder how many "fans" of the Bill's would  be in favor of trading Peterman to the Patriots , especially in the situation smoldering in the Brady household over retirement for Marsha. The Patriot's might be set for the next 15 years at QB .

:lol:

The Bills' secondary would love the idea. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

Wow. After reading this thread my biggest takeaway is I am surprised on how many bills fans have completely given up on Peterman after one really bad outing. I don't make a decision on a guy until at least a half dozen games 

I actually have the exact opposite takeaway. I’m amazed at how many people are confident in a 5th round pick, with minimal upside, that played some of the worst football the league has ever seen. I think that he is more likely to be out of the league than he is to start another game. 

People earlier were were talking about Peyton’s struggles and Aikman’s struggles as rookies. Those guys were #1 overall picks!! We aren’t talking about a Goff-type of prospect. We are talking about a Levi Brown-type of prospect. The odds are/were long against him and when his number was called he was worse than anyone could have possibly imagined. 

4 minutes ago, Wily Dog said:

You can count me in that group!! If the Patriots want to give a pick for Peterman I will help him pack. I just hope he doesn’t come back to haunt us like Scott Chandler did.

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

I appreciate your comment.

Got to say I disagree though.

I really don't see any skills/much upside to the guy.

In regards to your comment about him throwing the ball well with anticipation, the problem is defenders start squatting on those routes because he seems very predictable.

As we saw in that LA game. The defenders knew he was going to get rid of the ball quick with anticipation and they literally sat on 2-3 of those interceptions

I fully agree. I got too wordy. He’s not “the guy” (however if we trot him out there I’d rather be wrong on that, than root against him and be right”

larger point, names excluded. I’d rather have a guy with the head and skill set to NP, then I would a tentative guy like Trent or TT. Didn’t mean to advocate for NP over the others.

I think it’s easier to reign the style in when the bullets fly, then it is for a guy to try and figure things out when the game speeds up.

Not sure if that clarified anything 

This was all extremely entertaining - heavily abused the reaction button for posts, and for good reason.

I tend to be more of a lurker than an active poster, and this is totally hypocritical, but for blatant troll posts like this, it'd be so much better if this guy had zero replies as opposed to the 10+ pages.

...Eh, who am I kidding - the witty comebacks are golden.

6 minutes ago, Mango said:

I fully agree. I got too wordy. He’s not “the guy” (however if we trot him out there I’d rather be wrong on that, than root against him and be right”

larger point, names excluded. I’d rather have a guy with the head and skill set to NP, then I would a tentative guy like Trent or TT. Didn’t mean to advocate for NP over the others.

I think it’s easier to reign the style in when the bullets fly, then it is for a guy to try and figure things out when the game speeds up.

Not sure if that clarified anything 

Yes sir, thanks for clarifying 

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I actually have the exact opposite takeaway. I’m amazed at how many people are confident in a 5th round pick, with minimal upside, that played some of the worst football the league has ever seen. I think that he is more likely to be out of the league than he is to start another game. 

People earlier were were talking about Peyton’s struggles and Aikman’s struggles as rookies. Those guys were #1 overall picks!! We aren’t talking about a Goff-type of prospect. We are talking about a Levi Brown-type of prospect. The odds are/were long against him and when his number was called he was worse than anyone could have possibly imagined. 

You can count me in that group!! If the Patriots want to give a pick for Peterman I will help him pack. I just hope he doesn’t come back to haunt us like Scott Chandler did.

I don’t disagree with you on this at all.

But....I do think NFL progression as at an all time low, especially at the QB position. At least in my lifetime (32 y/o)

Guys drafted in the high first were still expected to sit to a tear or two. Gave careers to the Jeff Garcia’s of the league and they provaided value in one way or another. Now guys come in, suck, go to the CFL, or quit altogether.

QB play in the NFL is at an all time low in regards to the median. Who are the up and comers? And those younger than Ben, Roger, Rivers, Who is on a similar Trajectory as a HoF’er. Stafford? Ryan? Wilson? Care? Not me are worthy of the HoF l, or even close, at the half way or greater mark in their careers. 

For a decade, NFL has been selecting athletes rather than raising/progressing them. It’s going to be a very real issue for them. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Rk_Bills86 said:

It's the "if you consider what this guy says about the QB situation" part that sticks with me.

Kudos to you for putting together a reasonable draft.  But we need to draft a QB unless we sign Cousins.  Even if we go for the best mid-pack veteran we can find such as Alex Smith, we have to start taking shots at the QB of the future.

2 hours ago, Wily Dog said:

The posts consist of all of the Tt trolls , yes you know who they are , who can't wait to stick it to Peterman. the sycophants  who go along with them or anybody else that projects a dissenting post , and the idiots. There are a few , very few., posts worth the time invested. Mcd & Beane know what they are doing and to think  all of the people telling us, i could go along with this or i want this person for QB know what the hell they are talking about. As far as Peterman is concerned, maybe McD likes him and maybe not. Eric Wood said very good things about him. WE will have to wait for free agency and the draft to find out.

Take solace in the fact that in 3 months Peterman will still be on the Bills while Tyrod will not.

10 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

Not sure Peterman has much upside...

When he throws to the outside you can put 6 on the board for the other team. Ball takes too long to get there.

Correct.  All signs are that he's completely unsalvageble.   Cut and run away as fast as possible.