Incognito update

YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, Da webster guy said:

Both sides agree Richie never used the N word, so what else is there?  Seriously, these guys are NFL gladiators slugging it out in the worlds toughest trenches.  His feelings were hurt by words?  Dude needs to grow a pair or maybe try out for tennis or golf tour. 

There are plenty of other choices. 

But let's be real, this is news and getting a full court press investigation only because it's 'Cog

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Da webster guy said:

Both sides agree Richie never used the N word, so what else is there?  Seriously, these guys are NFL gladiators slugging it out in the worlds toughest trenches.  His feelings were hurt by words?  Dude needs to grow a pair or maybe try out for tennis or golf tour. 

I don't think incognito said anything racist.

But just because he never used the n word doesn't make it ok for him to say whatever racist stuff he wants. It has no place in sports, or really life for that matter. Your post is essentially excusing racism as long as it doesn't  come down to the n word, which is just wrong.

Edited by Ol Dirty B

3 hours ago, Da webster guy said:

Yes, because saying the N-word is the only way to racially abuse a black man...

With that said, I do find it odd that the Jax player never came out and said what exactly was said to him. If you are going to publicly accuse  someone of racism you should at least make clear what was said. Especially when the player has a history of hurling racial insults. 

Edited by Lionel Hutz
  • Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Bakin said:

I wonder how many times a white man gets racially abused on a football field. 

My guess - every series of downs.  

:rolleyes: here we go with this train of thought

Edited by JM57

7 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I don't think incognito said anything racist.

But just because he never used the n word doesn't make it ok for him to say whatever racist stuff he wants. It has no place in sports, or really life for that matter. Your post is essentially excusing racism as long as it doesn't  come down to the n word, which is just wrong.

I'd think with all the mic'd up players, cameras and coverage of an NFL game there should be ample evidence to review.  If RI was wrong he should be fined/suspended consistent with NFL rules, and if he feels he's unfairly targeted he should appeal.  At the same time, the same approach should be taken with the other player.  If he lied, fine/suspend him accordingly and appeal as necessary. 

I think it it would be an interesting to release uncensored game/practice day footage of the players to gain context to all this.  Let's unpeel this onion.  

Second edit.  I guess unpeeling an onion would mean not peeling it at all. I want the onion peeled. It's a metaphor. Apologies to chefs and onions. 

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd

5 hours ago, Lionel Hutz said:

Yes, because saying the N-word is the only way to racially abuse a black man...

With that said, I do find it odd that the Jax player never came out and said what exactly was said to him. If you are going to publicly accuse  someone of racism you should at least make clear what was said. Especially when the player has a history of hurling racial insults. 

I agree, on both points. 

I see people rushing to condemn Incognito (*cough* Sullivan *cough*) without even knowing exactly what was said. ("Did he use the N word?" ) "No, I don't remember, but, you know, he said what he said," Ngakoue said. "He knows what he said. I don't gotta repeat it." is a bit, um, weak.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I agree, I see people rushing to condemn Incognito (*cough* Sullivan *cough*) without even knowing exactly what was said. ("Did he use the N word?" ) "No, I don't remember, but, you know, he said what he said," Ngakoue said. "He knows what he said. I don't gotta repeat it." is a bit, um, weak.

Maybe Richie asked him if he was going to get one of those "coolest monkey in the jungle" shirts.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, eball said:

This became a non-story to me when Dawkins -- a black man who plays right next to Richie -- came out immediately and said he heard nothing racially inflammatory.

If not that, then when the other Jacksonville players said they didn't hear anything.

It's very telling that the Jagoff couldn't remember what Incognito said after being called out on his twitter claim.

Bottom line is - if you are white, you are totally racist. 

If black, you can’t be racist. 

If you are half black (Halle Berry, Kaep) - you are black. 

If you are a quarter black (Obama)  - you are black. 

If you portionally black and raised by White people - white people are the devil. 

This is what the media tells me. 

Edited by Bakin
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Bakin said:

If you portionally black and raised by White people - white people are the devil. 

Horseshit.

Richie is probably guilty of saying something stupid and childish. I doubt he's an actual racist.   My (white) children are a minority at their middle school.  Sometimes my daughter records a fight at the school or nasty hallway conversations.  I'm beyond appalled at what some of these middle school kids say to each other.  Probably a lot worse than this Richie stuff.

12 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

It's very telling that the Jagoff couldn't remember what Incognito said after being called out on his twitter claim.

TBF that's been taken out of context.  In context he said he didn't know or remember, when asked if Incognito called him "rhymes with digger"

It was pretty clear he remembered what Incognito said (or what he thought he said) and if 'Cog had been trying to get under his skin .... "WORKING!"

8 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Richie is probably guilty of saying something stupid and childish. I doubt he's an actual racist.   My (white) children are a minority at their middle school.  Sometimes my daughter records a fight at the school or nasty hallway conversations.  I'm beyond appalled at what some of these middle school kids say to each other.  Probably a lot worse than this Richie stuff.

I don't know if 'Cog is a racist.  He may be, he may not be.  That's between him and his head.  I'll say this, I think we are all (regardless of skin color and sex) racists and sexists, and it's how we work with our own internal biases and treat people that matters.  Give me a racist who follows the "Golden Rule" over an avowed liberal who flips when his daughter dates a black man. (I think the problem with 'Cog was the Golden Rule was not a good standard for him.)

I'm quite sure a lot of crap gets said in the trenches in football games.

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Ask Rex/Whaley.

Asking Carucci, right after he sorts his NFL investigation paradox

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I agree, on both points. 

I see people rushing to condemn Incognito (*cough* Sullivan *cough*) without even knowing exactly what was said. ("Did he use the N word?" ) "No, I don't remember, but, you know, he said what he said," Ngakoue said. "He knows what he said. I don't gotta repeat it." is a bit, um, weak.

I think he said he was going to pull a train on his sister and that rifle scopes were best used when shooting black people.

30 minutes ago, Bakin said:

Since virtually every living human being carries the DNA from the cradle of life that mass immigrated out of Africa way back in the early infancy of the start of human population taking over the world, when humans had no real spoken language or written language, we are all DNA wise, per the one drop rule, African/Black.

We are all the same DNA speaking.

Kind of fitting that some football players say they heard something racist but yet can not remember what was said exactly.  It is kind of like calling yourself out. Weird.