Tom Brady ... would he be a good coach?

notwoz

We all hate the guy. He's an a-hole. But he really seems to be a student of the game. I think he might be a decent coach. Not necessarily a head coach. But I think he might have what it takes to be a QB coach or an offensive coordinator. Let's hear from the haters.

no. Players like Brady/Manning don't have the patience to become a coach. They see the game lightyears ahead of everyone else, which is why they would make bad coaches. 

plus HOF players have no desire to coach, they don't need the money and have already given everything they have to the game. 

5 hours ago, notwoz said:

We all hate the guy. He's an a-hole. But he really seems to be a student of the game. I think he might be a decent coach. Not necessarily a head coach. But I think he might have what it takes to be a QB coach or an offensive coordinator. Let's hear from the haters.

No. Too much an egotist to be a coach. Has a great player ever become a good coach?

5 hours ago, row_33 said:

Some do, but they aren’t the vast majority 

I'm trying to think of an example here, great player who had success as a coach. 

The main counterexample: Bart Starr:  

https://www.bizjournals.com/milwaukee/blog/2013/05/packers-legend-bart-starr-coaching.html

52-76 with 3 ties as Packers coach. Made the playoffs only once, in a season cut short by a players' strike.

It's actually kind of weird how great players don't go into coaching, or at least don't become head coaches.  Montana, Young, Marino, Kelly - no coaching among them. 

Coaches have a terrible life. They often sleep in their offices, never see their family, always worried about losing their job, have to relocate for work at the drop of a hat. And you don't start out as a head coach you have to work your way up over many grueling years. Why would the greatest player of all time who is worth little a half billion dollars subject himself to that?

7 hours ago, ILoveEndingTheSeasonInNov said:

Temper tantrum spoiled bitches typically are not good coaches

Yes,  I get his dedication and preparation etc...... But show some class douche flute lover

Lol, hey go root them eagles on. Cant win a playoff game get another team

1 hour ago, Dr. K said:

No. Too much an egotist to be a coach. Has a great player ever become a good coach?

You make a great armchair coach. 

Narcissist' make terrible coaches I've heard. You need to give a **** about other people and bring people together. 

15 minutes ago, Cmdjr85 said:

Lol, hey go root them eagles on. Cant win a playoff game get another team

You make a great armchair coach. 

Living vicariously through 'your' team  keeps you going. You will live in infamy because of the greatness of 'your' team. Sad aspect of fandom. You are a great fan because your team wins. How do you find room for all your trophys you sad pathetic troll.

6 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I'm trying to think of an example here, great player who had success as a coach. 

The main counterexample: Bart Starr:  

https://www.bizjournals.com/milwaukee/blog/2013/05/packers-legend-bart-starr-coaching.html

52-76 with 3 ties as Packers coach. Made the playoffs only once, in a season cut short by a players' strike.

It's actually kind of weird how great players don't go into coaching, or at least don't become head coaches.  Montana, Young, Marino, Kelly - no coaching among them. 

Hall of famers with coaching success, thought up in two minutes:

Mike Ditka, Dick LeBeau

Jacques Lemaire, Larry Robinson

Yogi Berra, Bob Lemon, Paul Molitor, Frank Robinson

Jerry West, Bill Russell, Lenny Wilkens, KC Jones

Tom Flores should be in Canton as a player

soccer is a natural pathway from great player to great manager, dozens of them

Again it is not the majority of greats but there have been some.

Edited by row_33

15 hours ago, notwoz said:

His ego won't allow him to be a supporting player (i.e. a QB coach or offensive coordinator).  But he does know how to win.

WITH the right support/coaches.

Brady would have been nobody if he played for the Browns.

He does know how to cheat.  Probably think of some new fangle way without having to smash his cellphone.

So I say yeah.  Probably be good.

1 minute ago, cd1 said:

WITH the right support/coaches.

Brady would have been nobody if he played for the Browns.

Ernies Adams?  If Belicheat was still in Clev.

??

Yeah it is what it is at this point.  It is not even worth getting upset about anymore.  I won't go as far as to say the game is rigged, but you could bet the league was dreading a Jacksonville/Minn-Philly super Bowl.  We have been watching this for the past 16 years, the Patriots get the benefit of the calls.  Yesterday's outcome was totally predictable.  In fact I even told my dad when Jacksonville went up 20-10 that the Pats will win it 24-20.  The delay of game call was the right but like a previous poster said, why didn't they just blow it dead.  The first PI was right if the ball was catchable which is highly debateable, the second one was garbage at a critical point of the game.  The biggest thing about this game was the non holding calls.  You could call a holding penalty on every play.  It is of my opinion that the refs are instructed to call holding penalties on the Patriot opponents at critical times in the games.  Holding penalties are drive killers for most teams.  To not call on penalty on NE except for special teams speaks volumes as to where the league is right now.   

7 minutes ago, Gordio said:

Yeah it is what it is at this point.  It is not even worth getting upset about anymore.  I won't go as far as to say the game is rigged, but you could bet the league was dreading a Jacksonville/Minn-Philly super Bowl.  We have been watching this for the past 16 years, the Patriots get the benefit of the calls.  Yesterday's outcome was totally predictable.  In fact I even told my dad when Jacksonville went up 20-10 that the Pats will win it 24-20.  The delay of game call was the right but like a previous poster said, why didn't they just blow it dead.  The first PI was right if the ball was catchable which is highly debateable, the second one was garbage at a critical point of the game.  The biggest thing about this game was the non holding calls.  You could call a holding penalty on every play.  It is of my opinion that the refs are instructed to call holding penalties on the Patriot opponents at critical times in the games.  Holding penalties are drive killers for most teams.  To not call on penalty on NE except for special teams speaks volumes as to where the league is right now.   

it's over and nobody cares anymore, time to move on with your life

2 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

He does know how to cheat.  Probably think of some new fangle way without having to smash his cellphone.

So I say yeah.  Probably be good.

Ernies Adams?  If Belicheat was still in Clev.

??

Apparently, Belichick wasn't even Belichick in Cleveland.

Just now, Sweats said:

Here's a question for you...........would you rather be a QB coach or take your HoF career with your 5 rings (so far) and go home to Giselle chained to the bed every night?

I know how I'd answer.

I hear the Browns are looking for a new QB coach and Fitz and David Lee are reportedly on the rocks.

I don't think so. He would demand perfection from his players and would be a control freak.

There probably isn't one player who has the work ethic he does, and he would probably demand that from all his players. And if they didn't comply and they started to show mediocre results on the field, he would most likely have a lot of meltdowns.