What's the price to move up and get our guy?

3 hours ago, ddaryl said:

This makes little sense because you are not siging Cousins to anything less than a 4 year $100 million deal.. Are you going to sit Rudolph for 3 or 4 years ??? What was the point of that 1st rd pick if he is not going to see the field but as a backup. You don't use 1st rd picks on backups

You can not pay a FA QB that much money and then draft his replacement early because with the cap hit dead money ramifications it would be a waste. You either commit to Cousins fully and draft players to surround him in the 1st few rounds and maybe pick up a 4th rd QB to compete with Peterman to see who is better or you pick up a much cheaper FA QB and draft Rudolph or someother QB with the intention of starting him the next year with little cap ramifications from the vet we do sign

maybe you can trade your vet QB .. but the asking price for Cousins will make him hard to trade IMO

Fix the position. Best way to do that is sign Cousins take a QB in the first. He gets his 5th year option and big deal if he sits a bit. Ask Rodgers how that worked out. 

No position on the football field means more or even close to QB

Edited by MAJBobby

It is important to point out that the fifth year option for a first round pick is a change which has made first round picks more valuable than before. I mean, the last pick in the first round is worth more than the old points chart would indicate when valuing it against the first pick of the second round. 

That said, both firsts and the remaining third to move up to 4.

Edited by Paulus

19 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Fix the position. Best way to do that is sign Cousins take a QB in the first. He gets his 5th year option and big deal if he sits a bit. Ask Rodgers how that worked out. 

No position on the football field means more or even close to QB

Favre wasn't an expensive FA pickup. He was towards the end of his contract with GB, and GB was preparing for his replacement at that time. There was little dead money to worry about there

No team is going to commit the amount of money it would take to land the top FA QB. Figure in signing bonus and and guarenteed money.. The math don't support a 1st round drafted QB just to be a  3 to 4 year rider of the pine.  Rogers was groomed but he was not groomed behind an expensive FA QB that would create a ton of dead money. Cousins is way too expensive of an option to make drafting a 1st rd QB a wise idea.

Possible scenario would be to get Smith on the cheap from KC and then draft a 1st rd QB in this scenario.. We can't have a long term contract and large dead money if we are going to draft a 1st rd QB

Edited by ddaryl

7 hours ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Broncos and Browns the target in the top 5.

Both 2018 1st's

1 of our 2018 2nd's

2019 1st

Tyrod Taylor

If you want to include Tyrod in a trade, the other team my say, "I'ttle cost you another second if you want us to take Tyrod off your hands.

8 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

If you want to include Tyrod in a trade, the other team my say, "I'ttle cost you another second if you want us to take Tyrod off your hands.

I think both of those teams will want Taylor and ask for him in a trade. We don't need a team to take him we can just cut him, but there are teams that would gladly start Taylor next year. Trade will have to happen before his bonus kicks in, probably after or during the combine. 

The question I would ask again and again to the "don't trade picks to move up, its too expensive!" crowd is this:

If not now, when? If not in year that is heralded as one of the best QB classes in recent memory, and in which the Bills have two 1sts and two 2nds and a glaring need at QB and a HC/OC/GM combo in their first full offseason together...then when? What better opportunity will the Bills ever have to secure a potential franchise QB? Again, if McDermott is as good as we all think and hope, the Bills won't be picking high enough to get a top guy most years. 

I say if you believe in one of the QBs in this draft, move heaven and earth to get him. Enough band-aids, also-rans, and mediocrity. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Logic said:

The question I would ask again and again to the "don't trade picks to move up, its too expensive!" crowd is this:

If not now, when? If not in year that is heralded as one of the best QB classes in recent memory, and in which the Bills have two 1sts and two 2nds and a glaring need at QB and a HC/OC/GM combo in their first full offseason together...then when? What better opportunity will the Bills ever have to secure a potential franchise QB? Again, if McDermott is as good as we all think and hope, the Bills won't be picking high enough to get a top guy most years. 

I say if you believe in one of the QBs in this draft, move heaven and earth to get him. Enough band-aids, also-rans, and mediocrity. 

I think it can be a good conversation if you actually had the potential to move into the 1 and 2 spots. I would rather trade to move into the 1 or 2 spots next year then settle for less this year.

Rushing things is how you make mistakes. You drive fast you get to your destination faster. You also potentially wreck. I'd rather them make the smart move over a desperate gamble for something not in that 1 or 2 sweet spot.

I'm sorry I just think it's go big or go home. I'm not in favor in making a splash and throwing around picks  for scraps after everyone else got to pick off the plate first.

Edited by Lfod

14 minutes ago, Plano said:

If you can get Mayfield when we pick, you pull the trigger.

The Bronco coaching staff today requested that Mayfield be put on their Senior Bowl North squad. Clearly they are very interested in Baker @ 5. Are the Bills willing to move up for Jackson, Allen or Rudolph? Probably not!

7 hours ago, ProcessTheTrust said:

What about the Colts at #3? Obviously we miss out on Darnold and Rosen top 2, but if we really have our sights set on Mayfield or Allen, I'm guessing the Colts would love a basket of picks to re-tool?

If they give up "Both 2018 1st's, 1 of our 2018 2nd's, 2019 1st, and Tyrod Taylor", for Mayfield I will lose my mind. The only 2 guys they should even consider giving up half of that for, are Darnold or Rosen.

1 hour ago, Logic said:

I have absolutely no problem giving up a king's ransom in draft picks IF the Bills believe there is a franchise changing signal caller available. Why? Well, if not this year, then when? This is a potentially historically great quarterback draft and the Bills have more draft capital this year than they're likely to have most years. If McDermott is the coach we all think and hope he is, the Bills won't be picking any higher than 16th most years. So again I ask, if not this year, with all our capital and such a great QB class, then when?

Yes, giving up a lot of picks will temporarily hamstring their ability to add quality players around said QB. But the cupboard isn't bare as it is. Let's say they add a decent veteran WR through free agency. Rookie QB would have Benjamin, vet WR X, Jones, Thompson at WR, Clay and O'Leary at TE, and Shady at HB. Not too shabby. Defensively, the Bills obviously need talent. Personally, though, I'd rather get a potential franchise QB in place first. I look at it like this: This year, with the talent already on hand on defense, the Bills went 9-7 and made the playoffs. Add a legitimate quarterback (and OC) to the team and you're hopefully looking at a significant improvement.

Bottom line for me? This whole "build up the roster, fill all the other holes, we can't afford a QB!" argument doesn't hold water for me any more. We have seen the Bills field a pretty good all-around team numerous times throughout the drought. We've had good defenses, good running games, good receivers...and yet we've still failed to be consistent contenders. One of the big reasons why? No quality, consistent QB play since Kelly retired. Even recently, toward the end of Whaley's tenure, we had a good all around roster. No QB, though, and look how that all ended up. Let's end this constant carousel of mediocrity and take care of the most important position in the sport once and for all, whatever the cost. With the salary cap going up every year, we'll be able to add quality pieces through free agency and again in the next few years' drafts. But THIS year? The first full year of our new coach/GM's tenure, and with a possibly historically great QB, and with all this capital...let's go get our guy. Enough is enough.

Send our two 1sts and a 2nd this year, a 1st and 3rd next year, and get it done. Bills would still have a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and two 5ths this year. They would still have a 2nd, 4th, 5th, etc next year. And this is BEFORE potentially adding more draft capital via trading of Glenn, Taylor, maybe Lawson.

The Bills are not going to be able to move up to pick Darnold or Rosen. Since the Browns and Giants are picking. Do you realize how much draft capital you are giving up to move up to get the 4th or 5th best QB that may or may not be able to help this team 3 yrs down the road?  The Bills have a lot of holes to fill and need depth through the draft

1 hour ago, Paulus said:

It is important to point out that the fifth year option for a first round pick is a change which has made first round picks more valuable than before. I mean, the last pick in the first round is worth more than the old points chart would indicate when valuing it against the first pick of the second round. 

That said, both firsts and the remaining third to move up to 4.

I doubt that will get you to 4 and you very well could be picking qb #3.

I don't know whether the Bills will have the opportunity or the inclination to move up for a QB, but I do think there are a few who are worth burning draft capital to get. Foremost among them is Lamar Jackson. Athletically he is as much a generational talent as Barkely is. In that sense these two guys stand apart as unique in this draft. Jackson is Michael Vick. I know we have had our fill of "running QBs" but I think we would feel quite differently about it if Tyrod had arm talent. Jackson has that (though of course it needs some development and refinement i.e. he's not Josh Rosen in that regard). You think D. Watson looked good? Watch out for Lamar. Like Rosen he needs to fill out his frame, especially if he's going to make plays with his feet, but both Vick and Tyrod have shown that a "running QB" can actually be durable enuf. I expect Jackson to be a big draft riser over the next couple of months who will be coveted by GMs so I'm not expecting to get him. 

My risk/reward adjusted QB evaluation, which I admit is out of sync with where the thinking generally is at the moment is:

#1 Lamar Jackson

#2 Josh Rosen

#3 Baker Mayfield 

#4 Mason Rudolph

#5 Josh Allen

#6 Sam Darnold

I would be comfortable moving up for any of the top 3 in my list.

1 hour ago, Dr. Who said:

I doubt that will get you to 4 and you very well could be picking qb #3.

Well, then I wouldn't move to 4, if the Browns wanted more. You're right, it most likely would be the #3 qb in the draft. Nice year to draft a QB high, though. 

The only thing I, PERSONALLY, might do is pay a lot more to trade for Darnold @ #1 overall. 

What would it take to move Cleveland off Darnold, and have them take, a different QB at 4?

I guess, it'd take at least 3 #1's and at least 1 #2. I would do that for Darnold, though.

Edited by Paulus

1 hour ago, BillsfanAZ said:

The Bills are not going to be able to move up to pick Darnold or Rosen. Since the Browns and Giants are picking. Do you realize how much draft capital you are giving up to move up to get the 4th or 5th best QB that may or may not be able to help this team 3 yrs down the road?  The Bills have a lot of holes to fill and need depth through the draft

The bolded is nothing more than conjecture. The Giants are in year one of a new GM's tenure and very well may be willing to roll with Eli and trade down for more draft picks. The Browns, meanwhile, also pick at 4 and are rumored to like Josh Allen best. Simply saying we definitely won't be able to get one of the top two is pure speculation. Besides, maybe the apple of the Bills' eye is Mayfield or Allen or Jackson, and they need only to get into the top 7 or 8, which seems very doable.

As for the second bolded part: many teams in the NFL have holes. It's a never-ending thing. Sometimes you finally DO get a roster all the way built up, but if you don't have a QB to go along with said roster, you wind up 8-8, as the Bills and their all-around-good roster in Whaley's last couple years can attest. You know what's a really big hole for the Bills and has been for 22 years? Quarterback. It also happens to be the most important position in the game.

Edited by Logic

There is more logic in trading in the draft when you have to give up a future #1 pick and I will give you some examples.

1. Do you have a QB like say an Alex Smith that can work with the kid?

2. Is the QB an immediate starting QB and if so then are you 100% comfortable with trainers and mentors that will be

around him to succeed?

3. Does a GM want to stake his rep by giving away so many draft picks to make this move?

4. Can you plug all your holes in FA and in late second round draft on up to fill this roster?

5. Last but not least are you 100% sure with GM and staff that this guy is a winner?

IF any of these questions are no and with this GM, my guess is that 3-4 is a no and we don't even make this move.

My personal feelings is.. IF we move all on a QB early in draft WOO HOO.. Then pray he works out. if we move up a couple

of spots to secure 4th or 5th best QB then still a... WOO HOO! cause by moving up just a little we will still have a ton of holes

we can fill with what we have left.

As a Bills fan and a believer in the system I will support whatever there decision on this is.. This year for me they get a pass.

thoughts?

Both 1sts and the Bills second would be enough to have a conversation about moving to 4, BUT there will be competition to move up for a QB, so the price would likely be considerably higher than that.  

Beyond Rosen and Darnold, I wouldn’t want to give away that much any of the remaining QB prospects.

i would consider 21 plus a second to move into the teens if they like a QB that is still available after the top 10.  That package might get them to about pick 15.

Based on Daboll hiring, I am even more cemented in my opinion to stand pat and Draft Rudolph. I think Daboll’s Offense would be a great fit.

I would like to keep all picks AND use the Cap money - after trading / cutting Tyrod, Richie, Hughes, Mills, and yes....Shady. FA money will be needed for OLB, DE, DT, a couple WRs another TE in mold of O’Leary once Logan Thomas is allowed to go, and another CB or two. 

Sneaky cut: Wood

With Daboll, Glenn might very well remain with team given his natural ability toward a power run game and improved pass blocking.

I trust McD & Beane to do the right thing. If there is a QB who they think is a franchise I think they will attempt to get him with as much as it takes. I like most of you have my favorite in the draft but I like most of you don't know beans.

Edited by Wily Dog

10 hours ago, ddaryl said:

IMO you don't need the combine to determine if they are worth it. Game tape tells the tale.. Any team who draft a player based upon combine numbers could be drafting  a Maybin type of player.

as for the Bills if they have that much faith in a QB to move up you make the move because a franchise QB is THE game changer in this league

Nor true...

For QBS you have an equal measuring stick on who can make the throws needed that tape doesn't really measure.

As fir trading up for a qb...utterly dumb.

With the qbs coming out there isn't much difference and am some are slated to be picked 20-40.

Buffali can stand pat, or even trade down from 22 to 27 or 28 and still draft a qb and pick up a late 2nd or early 3rd.

The qb I'd sign as a free agent would be bridgewater

1 hour ago, BigBuff423 said:

Sneaky cut: Wood

Didn't they just give him an extension last season? And McDermott called him out by name as one of the guys he was happiest for when the drought ended. And he played every single snap this season and was a leader and productive player. He's on a reasonable contract. There's also no one behind him that's better than him. He's not going anywhere, I don't think.

53 minutes ago, djp14150 said:

Nor true...

For QBS you have an equal measuring stick on who can make the throws needed that tape doesn't really measure.

As fir trading up for a qb...utterly dumb.

With the qbs coming out there isn't much difference and am some are slated to be picked 20-40.

53 minutes ago, djp14150 said:

Buffali can stand pat, or even trade down from 22 to 27 or 28 and still draft a qb and pick up a late 2nd or early 3rd.

The qb I'd sign as a free agent would be bridgewater

If they believe that there is a franchise qb up top then its picks well spent...   Yes they can wait if they believe they'll get a good one or they can go the FA way.. There's multiple options....

Bridgewater is wildcard with limited experience. Lots of what ifs..He could be great or he could end up being a total bust post injury.. If Bills go any route ill assume they turned over every stone played the cards they were dealt and made the best decision...

In 10 months to a year Ill see how that is working out for us... 

Many teams have moved up and grabbed franchise qbs.  So its only bad if it fails.... 

3 hours ago, starrymessenger said:

I don't know whether the Bills will have the opportunity or the inclination to move up for a QB, but I do think there are a few who are worth burning draft capital to get. Foremost among them is Lamar Jackson. Athletically he is as much a generational talent as Barkely is. In that sense these two guys stand apart as unique in this draft. Jackson is Michael Vick. I know we have had our fill of "running QBs" but I think we would feel quite differently about it if Tyrod had arm talent. Jackson has that (though of course it needs some development and refinement i.e. he's not Josh Rosen in that regard). You think D. Watson looked good? Watch out for Lamar. Like Rosen he needs to fill out his frame, especially if he's going to make plays with his feet, but both Vick and Tyrod have shown that a "running QB" can actually be durable enuf. I expect Jackson to be a big draft riser over the next couple of months who will be coveted by GMs so I'm not expecting to get him. 

My risk/reward adjusted QB evaluation, which I admit is out of sync with where the thinking generally is at the moment is:

#1 Lamar Jackson

#2 Josh Rosen

#3 Baker Mayfield 

#4 Mason Rudolph

#5 Josh Allen

#6 Sam Darnold

I would be comfortable moving up for any of the top 3 in my list.

Michael Vick never got the hang of reading defenses.  On passing plays, if his primary receiver was covered, he couldn't go through his progressions, so he took off and ran.  I think Lamar Jackson may have the ability to read defenses a little better than Vick, so I think his ceiling passing the ball may be higher.  I wouldn't want him if it wasn't

45 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

Michael Vick never got the hang of reading defenses.  On passing plays, if his primary receiver was covered, he couldn't go through his progressions, so he took off and ran.  I think Lamar Jackson may have the ability to read defenses a little better than Vick, so I think his ceiling passing the ball may be higher.  I wouldn't want him if it wasn't

I hear ya but bear in mind that when he first came out Vick had no one to throw the ball to except Algie Crumpler, a fat tight end. He actually had arm talent.

Jackson runs a complicated pro-style offence under Petrino at Louisville and Jackson is fully in control of it. He reads defences, he goes through his progressions. Tyrod was always a college QB. Jackson is much better QB and pro prospect. Unlike Vick he has excellent intangibles and can be the face of a franchise.

If I have understood OBD they are not interested in a QB who is scheme dependent and like Watson you would have to accommodate what he already does well while you worked on developing him. So maybe the Bills aren't interested, but I think they should be.

Bills are reputed to love Darnold. I would worry about that. He looks the part but he has terrible flaws that translate not to the NFL but to turnovers instead. Hes also extremely raw. Buyer beware. He may drop by the time the dust settles.

Edited by starrymessenger

16 hours ago, ndirish1978 said:

I don't think it matters what we're willing to package if the top 2 teams aren't willing to do business cause they're locked in to drafting a QB. The real question for me though is whether or not the 3rd ranked QB in this class is worth the picks. Would you rather overpay to get one of the top 2? How many drafts produce THREE franchise QBs? I can think of 3 years that did '04, '83, '71, pretty much every other year you see one or two, or in the case of the year we drafted EJ: none. 

You are making the mistake of assuming perfect analysis/ranking by the teams. I.E., that the #1 rated QB is in fact the best QB in the draft, the #2 rated QB is actually the second best QB in the draft, etc. 

The 3 best QBs may well not be the top 3 ranked on draft day by most teams.

In the 2000 draft, the highest drafted QB was Chad Penington (18th pick of Rd 1) who was probably also the highest ranked, hence his drafting at that spot.  We know the Jets had him as the #1 QB on their board.  

Then came Giovanni Carmazzi with the 65th overall pick in Round 3, then Chris Redman with the 75th overall pick in Round 3.

There's your 3 highest rated QBs...

We still haven't gotten to Tom Brady who went in the 6th round, who I'm fairly sure was the best QB in that draft. 

In 1983, Kansas City took Todd Blackledge #7 overall, when Kelly, Marino, and even Ken O'Brien were all still available and yet to be drafted.

Dan Marino was the SIXTH drafted QB in that draft class!  He was the best of all of them, though you could argue Elway at #1 was better; I'd rather have Marino.

At worst, Marino was the SECOND best QB in the draft; he was drafted SIXTH QB!  

Edited by Fadingpain

18 hours ago, ProcessTheTrust said:

I understand the fears of trading away the farm to get our QB when we have so many other immediate needs. However, watching the Rams and Eagles this year, I can't help but remember how almost everyone laughed at them in 2016 when they paid the following to go get their QBs for the next decade or so:

Rams - Gave: 2016 1st, 2 2nds, 3rd, 2017 1st, 3rd

Received: 2016 1st overall pick, 4th, 6th

Eagles - Gave: 2016 1st, 3rd, 4th, 2017 1st, 2018 2nd

Received: 2016 2nd overall pick and a 2017 4th

I'm not saying we should make such a dramatic move just because it worked for both the Rams and Eagles so quickly. I'm asking - if Darnold and Rosen come out of the combine with projections of being "the guy" worthy, how much would you be willing to give away to go get them?

If Darnold indeed declares for this draft both the Giants/Browns would be fools not to select Darnold and Rosen even if given a kings ransom... They both need QB's and 2 franchise stud QB's are staring them in the face. I guess the Bills will have to see if Mayfield/Lamar Jackson/ Josh Allen or Mason Rudolph are franchise QB's because I don't see a scenario where we get the top 2. Some people are huge Mayfield fans, I'm not one of those people, I like his fiery attitude but he seems to be quite immature, not Manziel immature but to the point where it warrants some red flags.

Edited by BuffaloBillsGospel

3 hours ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

If Darnold indeed declares for this draft both the Giants/Browns would be fools not to select Darnold and Rosen even if given a kings ransom... They both need QB's and 2 franchise stud QB's are staring them in the face. I guess the Bills will have to see if Mayfield/Lamar Jackson/ Josh Allen or Mason Rudolph are franchise QB's because I don't see a scenario where we get the top 2. Some people are huge Mayfield fans, I'm not one of those people, I like his fiery attitude but he seems to be quite immature, not Manziel immature but to the point where it warrants some red flags.

Darnold did declare for the draft. In my mind it depends how they feel about Davis Webb and Kizer. If you are the Giants and could drop down and draft two stud o-linemen, you could be in the Super Bowl next year. If the Browns like Kizer as their developmental guy they can sign a Cousins or McCarron and trade down. If they traded with us they would have 4, 21, 22 and more. I'm not saying it's going to happen but it's not out of the realm of possibility entirely. 

The only guy I move up for is Rosen. The only way that happens is if the Browns make a Browns-esgue decision and take Allen #1 overall. The Giants then take Darnold. Indy selects Saquon Barkley @ #3 then we might be able to work something for the #4 pick. I still wouldn't sell the farm to move up because we have too many holes. Both of our 1st Round picks this year, a 2nd, and maybe the 5th from Jax. Nothing from 19 though. If they don't take it then oh well. Stay put and draft more young talent. 

3 hours ago, H2o said:

The only guy I move up for is Rosen. The only way that happens is if the Browns make a Browns-esgue decision and take Allen #1 overall. The Giants then take Darnold. Indy selects Saquon Barkley @ #3 then we might be able to work something for the #4 pick. I still wouldn't sell the farm to move up because we have too many holes. Both of our 1st Round picks this year, a 2nd, and maybe the 5th from Jax. Nothing from 19 though. If they don't take it then oh well. Stay put and draft more young talent. 

With Dorsey and Wolf on board, I wouldn't count on this scenario coming to fruition.

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Paulus said:

Well, then I wouldn't move to 4, if the Browns wanted more. You're right, it most likely would be the #3 qb in the draft. Nice year to draft a QB high, though. 

The only thing I, PERSONALLY, might do is pay a lot more to trade for Darnold @ #1 overall. 

What would it take to move Cleveland off Darnold, and have them take, a different QB at 4?

I guess, it'd take at least 3 #1's and at least 1 #2. I would do that for Darnold, though.

I am guessing it takes the 3 #1's, a #2, and then at least another high pick and/or player combo.  It will be very expensive.  I like Darnold, but I don't think he's can't miss.  Not sure anyone is.  My top three are Rosen, Darnold, Mayfield in that order.  Allen has off-the-charts arm talent, but lots of concerns.  I would trade up and pay a significant price for Rosen or Darnold.  I would make a more modest trade up to secure Mayfield.  Talent is probably there this year, but there are a ton of teams wanting qb.  I think we should have taken Watson or Mahomes last year, though there's no denying Tre White is a very nice player.

This is simple. You give up nothing and you get Cousins. 

Did anyone hear Romo during the game? If the Bills had a QB this season they would be a very good and dangerous team. 

You have 2 interior linemen getting long in the tooth and you have Shady up there in age. The time is now and Cousins can come in and get the job done. 

Keep you draft picks and bring in DL, LB, OL help. You can get a LB and an RT in the first round without loosing picks. The second can bring you a DT. 

The key is going to be getting Cousins and keeping Gains. This team isn't that far off from where they can compete.

I personally don't see the value in trading away draft picks to go after a QB that may or may not pan out when you know you can get a guy that already has experience and can win in the NFL. And before the ANTI-Cousins people start, look at his numbers this year and then look at who he had a WR, he actually had a very good year. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Yav said:

This is simple. You give up nothing and you get Cousins. 

Did anyone hear Romo during the game? If the Bills had a QB this season they would be a very good and dangerous team. 

You have 2 interior linemen getting long in the tooth and you have Shady up there in age. The time is now and Cousins can come in and get the job done. 

Keep you draft picks and bring in DL, LB, OL help. You can get a LB and an RT in the first round without loosing picks. The second can bring you a DT. 

The key is going to be getting Cousins and keeping Gains. This team isn't that far off from where they can compete.

I personally don't see the value in trading away draft picks to go after a QB that may or may not pan out when you know you can get a guy that already has experience and can win in the NFL. And before the ANTI-Cousins people start, look at his numbers this year and then look at who he had a WR, he actually had a very good year. 

I like Cousins. I can't say I'm on board with paying him at the level he might demand but I know if we do, I'll easily find it justifiable. Give him a 5 year deal, we've got our guy who will just be turning 30 as the season starts, arguably just hitting his prime.

Edited by ProcessTheTrust