What's the price to move up and get our guy?

1 hour ago, Dr. Who said:

I am guessing it takes the 3 #1's, a #2, and then at least another high pick and/or player combo.  It will be very expensive.  I like Darnold, but I don't think he's can't miss.  Not sure anyone is.  My top three are Rosen, Darnold, Mayfield in that order.  Allen has off-the-charts arm talent, but lots of concerns.  I would trade up and pay a significant price for Rosen or Darnold.  I would make a more modest trade up to secure Mayfield.  Talent is probably there this year, but there are a ton of teams wanting qb.  I think we should have taken Watson or Mahomes last year, though there's no denying Tre White is a very nice player.

The problem is both CLE and the NYG need franchise QBs moving forward.  Getting to #1 or #2 is highly unlikely. 

49 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

I am guessing it takes the 3 #1's, a #2, and then at least another high pick and/or player combo.  It will be very expensive.  I like Darnold, but I don't think he's can't miss.  Not sure anyone is.  My top three are Rosen, Darnold, Mayfield in that order.  Allen has off-the-charts arm talent, but lots of concerns.  I would trade up and pay a significant price for Rosen or Darnold.  I would make a more modest trade up to secure Mayfield.  Talent is probably there this year, but there are a ton of teams wanting qb.  I think we should have taken Watson or Mahomes last year, though there's no denying Tre White is a very nice player.

I wouldn't trade much for Mayfield at all. If he drops he drops. He has bust written all over him, but I could easily be wrong. 

5 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The problem is both CLE and the NYG need franchise QBs moving forward.  Getting to #1 or #2 is highly unlikely. 

Yes, I agree.  I've always been skeptical about Rosen or Darnold being available.  Arguing cost is just in terms of an unlikely hypothetical.  Identifying qb #3 and whether or not he is truly a potential franchise qb is crucial.

5 hours ago, Paulus said:

I wouldn't trade much for Mayfield at all. If he drops he drops. He has bust written all over him, but I could easily be wrong. 

He's a polarizing player.  I like him quite a bit.  Others like Rudolph who I am not keen on.  Don't suppose anyone really knows though.

Darnold may be the darling of the QB class for now but I would be wary. Very wary. He is not someone I would move up and blow lots of draft capital to land. He's very raw and though he looks the part it may well be that at the end of the day he's just a gunslinger with a pretty big (but not huge) arm who will make some jaw dropping throws but also turn the ball over. A lot. Think Jay Cutler.

Moreover his footwork is bad. His throwing motion is nothing short of a disaster. There is absolutely no doubt that his mechanics are so poor that some scouts and GMs will push him down when setting their boards. By the time the dust settles he may well drop from one or two to top 15. It only takes one guy to love him but I think the general sentiment will cool towards him.

The only guys I would burn big draft capital for are Jackson, Rosen and Mayfield.

Some may think that Jackson will be there when we pick. But he won't. He will be a big draft riser and an early first rounder. Cleveland could do a lot worse than taking him #1 and following that up with Barkely with their next pick. Arguably the two generational talents in this draft. Or he could go to the Giants. With their young skill position players that could be very interesting. Just pray the Jets don't get to nab him.

40 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

He's a polarizing player.  I like him quite a bit.  Others like Rudolph who I am not keen on.  Don't suppose anyone really knows though.

I like him too. I am just not set on trading up for the guy. If he falls, I'd take him over others, or trade up a few spot to grab him. I would not give up much capital for the trade (maybe a 4th). And, that is not going to make for a big jump at all.  This draft is going to be fun to watch, IMO. 

*And, the people who are bagging on Darnold are idiots. If anything, Rosen is going to bust.

Edited by Paulus

6 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The route to a QB goes through Indy. CLE will def take a QB with Doresy and Wolf, NYG could end up with a BIG guy if Gentleman has one rated higher than the QB, but I suspect they will take Eli's successor. 

My assumption is that once the first 2 QBs go off the board, there will be a big push from the needy teams to move up to draft whomever is left between Darnold, Rosen and Allen (who scares me as a prospect - too many issues with a big arm)....

We most likely stand the best chance to trade up since we can offer 2 1#s this year and the Colts could use a few first rounders to help fill our their crappy roster around Luck. 

Although I do love Vita, QB is more of a need and Star could help offset that loss...

On 1/15/2018 at 8:47 AM, ProcessTheTrust said:

I understand the fears of trading away the farm to get our QB when we have so many other immediate needs. However, watching the Rams and Eagles this year, I can't help but remember how almost everyone laughed at them in 2016 when they paid the following to go get their QBs for the next decade or so:

Rams - Gave: 2016 1st, 2 2nds, 3rd, 2017 1st, 3rd

Received: 2016 1st overall pick, 4th, 6th

Eagles - Gave: 2016 1st, 3rd, 4th, 2017 1st, 2018 2nd

Received: 2016 2nd overall pick and a 2017 4th

I'm not saying we should make such a dramatic move just because it worked for both the Rams and Eagles so quickly. I'm asking - if Darnold and Rosen come out of the combine with projections of being "the guy" worthy, how much would you be willing to give away to go get them?

...those instances have worked so far......BUT......didn't Denver give up a 1st & 3rd to move up for Lynch?.........or Boy Danny Snyder's boatload for RG II 5/8?.........jury is out for awhile on 2017 move ups logically.....you'd probably have to assess the Rams and Eagles rosters overall prior to QB pick versus Bills current roster prior to addressing QB spot via the draft.....was their overall personnel <, > or equal to Bufflo's roster now?.....many pundits here have identified a laundry list of needs/holes to fill excluding QB for the moment.....this gang seems to be pretty conservative overall and I don't see them expending major draft capital on ONE player (probably wrong; NEVER saw the Watkins deal coming or Losman)....seems a bit odd that Beane HIMSELF scouted Rudolph at the October WVU game and the bowl game.....could he be the safe (maybe un-sexy) pick who seems to be forecasted as available mid-1st or early second with other capital going towards OL/DL or DL/OL, whichever is the order of preference?.....