Offensive Coordinator

Mopreme

I'm leaning toward Chudzinski, because he is a proven QB developer. Always had a ton of respect for the guy. However at the end of the day, it's whomever Sean McDermott feels most comfortable with. After this season, he's earned that much trust.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I think McCoy or Chudzinski, or both. 

A bit outside the box, but I would strongly consider Ken Dorsey from Carolina as our OC. We interviewed him last year and McDermott went with experience. Dorsey is a really creative guy and I like the idea of a young mind on this staff. Someone is going to hire him as an OC at some point soon. Might as well be us. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

A bit outside the box, but I would strongly consider Ken Dorsey from Carolina as our OC. We interviewed him last year and McDermott went with experience. Dorsey is a really creative guy and I like the idea of a young mind on this staff. Someone is going to hire him as an OC at some point soon. Might as well be us. 

Iiirc Carolina blocked us from interviewing dorsey. He would be near the top of my list tho  

Edited by Not at the table Karlos

15 minutes ago, ProcessTheTrust said:

Too bad we don't have a shot at playoff game winning OC Nate Hackett. JK. Just wanted to type that out. Ugh....can't believe that is now a part of NFL history.

2 minutes ago, JOE IN HAMPTON ROADS said:

If it makes you feel better, their offense struggled almost as mightily as ours.

That's why I said "JK". I'm poking fun at the idea that a guy like him now has "playoff win" under his credentials.

2 minutes ago, BillsFan1 said:

Anybody who can rationalize that on 1st and goal from the 1 you pound the rock and you keep pounding it if you do not get it.  Team was built to run the ball...run it.   

The play was a RPO, Tyrod called the pass.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Dorsey could be a solid hire I think. He was always a very smart QB, just not the most athletically gifted. Has a solid resume. 

22 minutes ago, Woodman19 said:

Do not give Taylor option in that situation.  Run the ball.  At least twice.  Tyrod proved over and over he can not get it done in.  That's on the OC.   

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, BillsFan1 said:

Do not give Taylor option in that situation.  Run the ball.  At least twice.  Tyrod proved over and over he can not get it done in.  That's on the OC.   

How did the NFLs No 1 offense score. They ran it over and over again Right lol

54 minutes ago, BillsFan1 said:

Anybody who can rationalize that on 1st and goal from the 1 you pound the rock and you keep pounding it if you do not get it.  Team was built to run the ball...run it.   

Agree or disagree with the play call- the issue is execution.  We are often hit for a loss on running plays,  but the pass was poorly thrown and benjamin, with his height advantage didn't need to push off. We had the matchup we wanted, just poorly executed all around.

1 hour ago, Woodman19 said:

Good point. I hate the fact that we did not run, but Benjamin ran a terrible route, pushed off, and Tyrod threw a terrible ball. Also the refs threw a flag they never throw on the 1 yard line. 

25 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

They're not going to fire Dennison. They're going to give him a QB who they think can run his offense. 

I think that is the way to go.  Rather than blow it up, and change schemes again, lets build on the installation so far and see what he can do.  If he fails with a hand picked QB, then he's done.

I think we trade Tyrod, sign (or trade for) a FA QB, and draft another QB.  Then have a competition between them and Peterman. 

Just now, SWATeam said:

I think that is the way to go.  Rather than blow it up, and change schemes again, lets build on the installation so far and see what he can do.  If he fails with a hand picked QB, then he's done.

I think we trade Tyrod, sign (or trade for) a FA QB, and draft another QB.  Then have a competition between them and Peterman. 

I think we'll draft a QB as well. Not sure it'll be in the 1st round (I anticipate all the top guys being gone), but I think we add more competition in round 2 or 3. 

I think they look at the success they had this year, how the majority of the AFC is rebuilding (Pats could blow up based on reports, and Roethlisberger could retire if they win the Super Bowl), and recognize a real opportunity to do damage next year with improved QB efficiency, and an improved defense that gets better due to them investing multiple early round picks into the front seven. 

1 hour ago, BillsFan1 said:

Completely agree. Bang away until you get in!

2 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

I think we'll draft a QB as well. Not sure it'll be in the 1st round (I anticipate all the top guys being gone), but I think we add more competition in round 2 or 3. 

I think they look at the success they had this year, how the majority of the AFC is rebuilding (Pats could blow up based on reports, and Roethlisberger could retire if they win the Super Bowl), and recognize a real opportunity to do damage next year with improved QB efficiency, and an improved defense that gets better due to them investing multiple early round picks into the front seven. 

Yeah, I think if they get a guy like Alex Smith, it will allow them to draft one of the developmental QB's (like Josh Allen or Lamar Jackson).  This may be the plan.

Just now, SWATeam said:

Yeah, I think if they get a guy like Alex Smith, it will allow them to draft one of the developmental QB's (like Josh Allen or Lamar Jackson).  This may be the plan.

Yeah, I think they have to know they can't get one of the top guys who can step in and start immediately, which means they'll have to look at other options.

Having just made the playoffs, we need to figure out how to improve both short and long term, and adding a veteran QB who has had success and a developmental guy with upside seems like the best approach. 

2 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Iiirc Carolina blocked us from interviewing dorsey. He would be near the top of my list tho  

All the articles I found said we interviewed him for the OC position. Maybe they blocked us from hiring him as QB coach? 

At any rate I think a young guy with a fresh innovative mind is the way to go. I think he has a little McVay, or young Jason Garrett in him. 

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

They're not going to fire Dennison. They're going to give him a QB who they think can run his offense. 

Yup.....this! 100% this.

19 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

No one is going to take him in a trade...especially when they know there is a 99.99% chance we are going to cut him. Not to mention he has no trade value.

12 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

the big factor will be WHO IS THE QB?  i could be a good coordinator with Peyton Manning under center.  and if i had a QB like Tyrod who can't complete a pass to a WR to save his life then not so much

What worries me is if they change the OC and the new OC wants to use Tyrod for a year to see if he can do something better then the last 3 OCs did with him, hence we are stuck again with limited Tyrod and a new OC on the hot seat year 1. I am ok with a new OC as long as the new OC can NOT use Tyrod as a option.

46 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

What worries me is if they change the OC and the new OC wants to use Tyrod for a year to see if he can do something better then the last 3 OCs did with him, hence we are stuck again with limited Tyrod and a new OC on the hot seat year 1. I am ok with a new OC as long as the new OC can NOT use Tyrod as a option.

I would be shocked if any OC would want that.