Not Just Underdogs, Blowout Predicted

RobH063

I say....NONSENSE! More Bills hatred.

https://www.milehighreport.com/2018/1/3/16844984/nfl-playoff-predictions-wild-card

Buffalo Bills at Jacksonville Jaguars

When: Sunday, January 7th at 11:05 a.m.

The Jaguars have the best defense in the NFL and it’s not even close. They should devour a weak Bills team that backdoored their way into the playoffs for the first time this century.

I expect this game to be the biggest blowout of them all. Good for Malik Jackson to be back to playoff football before the team he left could get back to playoff football.

Jaguars 44, Bills 17

3 minutes ago, RobH063 said:

The Jaguars have the best defense in the NFL and it’s not even close. They should devour a weak Bills team that backdoored their way into the playoffs for the first time this century.

I expect this game to be the biggest blowout of them all. Good for Malik Jackson to be back to playoff football before the team he left could get back to playoff football.

Jaguars 44, Bills 17

200w.gif

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Jasovon said:

That top defense has beat up on terrible teams. Not saying our offense is a powerhouse but i can't see us turning the ball over much. Bortles on the other hand....

This.  One thing we can pretty much count on is that Tyrod's not gonna turn the ball over.  IF we can contain Fournette, and force the Jags to have to throw, Bortles is good for at least two picks.  Not only that, but McDermott will have this team prepared to play.  This game won't be a blowout by any stretch of the imagination.  I see a Bills victory in fact.

1 minute ago, smuvtalker said:

This.  One thing we can pretty much count on is that Tyrod's not gonna turn the ball over.  IF we can contain Fournette, and force the Jags to have to throw, Bortles is good for at least two picks.  Not only that, but McDermott will have this team prepared to play.  This game won't be a blowout by any stretch of the imagination.  I see a Bills victory in fact.

If the Jags and Bills switched divisions i highly doubt they make the playoffs

I trust the Jags defense to shut down our offense (Esp an offense with Shady injured) more than I trust our defense to shut down the Jags offense. That being said I think this is a close game, simply because I think that Bortles will make some turnovers and the Jags won't be able to consistently move the ball like a team like New England would be able to. I think the Jags win 20-10 in a low scoring affair that is a one-possession game until deep into the 4th. If Shady was fairly healthy I would be more optimistic but even if he plays I can't see him being as dynamic as he usually is. 

Edited by billsfan89

25 minutes ago, RobH063 said:

https://www.milehighreport.com/2018/1/3/16844984/nfl-playoff-predictions-wild-card

Jaguars 44, Bills 17

Yo that mfer

black-girl-hand-meme-59d92a16a5491-300x170.jpg

7 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Jags are scoring 44? 

That's what I thought too. Complete nonsense. I honestly think the Jags win the game and that's ok. Especially with McCoy having a bad wheel. As others have said..We aren't supposed to be playing in the playoff's in the first place so we've already won, but their offense isn't 44 points good and our defense isn't 44 points bad to a team like the Jags. The game will be much closer than these naysayers think.

4 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

It will be huge for the Bills to get up early on them.  Bortles sucks and they can't come from behind, same as the Bills

This is what im thinking. We cant fall behind. The team who gets a 14 -17 lead on the other will win. None of these teams can comeback like Frank Reich vs Houston.  

While I think this prediction is a little bit over the top, I do feel most Bills fans are raising expectations too high for this game.  Jacksonville has had an absolutely fantastic defense and its not like we are known as being a strong offensive team.  Coupled with the fact that they also run the ball well and we have struggled to contain the run for most of the season.  It will be a close game but I expect to be as frustrated as I was watching the Bengals game.

2 minutes ago, dneveu said:

They def beat up on the cupcakes.  However they did beat pitt and should have beaten the Rams. 

When they're bottled up on O and the turnovers don't come is when they struggle.

This is true, but it also true that the Bills beat two playoff teams on the road whom they were underdogs to by more than 7 points. Another true fact:  Marrone is a mediocre coach with no playoff experience, whose team has laid an egg the last two weeks.  If the Bills can keep the Jags running game to under 4 yards per carry, they win this game IMO.  

41 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Jags are scoring 44? 

out of their 16 games 44 points was the most they scored on a team and it was against the baltimore ravens, 44-7 in week 3.

the next most scored was 33, a loss to the 49ers. 33-44.

no, there will be no blowout. quite the contrary as I see this as a close game that could go either way but I'm taking the bills 17-16.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

Has this guy watched Jacksonville film the last 4 weeks?I have. They aren't good enough to put up 44 on anybody, because barring a Jets QB-like(Buttfumble, Gino Smith going 1-3 to his guys, and 2-3 to ours) total meltdown, there simply isn't enough time in a game for them to score that much.

They might be able to reach 44 if games lasted 2 hours. It's not just what they run on O(variations of the same small chunks O we saw here), but how they run it(repeatedly), that all but prevents Jacksonville from scoring at anywhere near the pace they need to put up 34 points, never mind 44.

Thus the only path to 44, or 34, or really, 24, for Jacksonville runs through: help from the other team's offense, and, to a lesser extent, kicking game. 

This can be due to my own visual bias: I don't have hard #s, yet, but given what I have watched, I'd guess that a team that doesn't help them with turnovers, has ~65-70% chance to win. And, that a team that gets ahead of them by 2 scores has a ~90% chance to win. When I get time tonight, I'm gonna do this math, and create a "help propensity stat" that should make things clear as to whether my swaggy % is right or wrong. As well, I'll do a "comeback propensity".

Edited by OCinBuffalo

1 hour ago, RobH063 said:

Jaguars 44, Bills 17

The Bills have largely been the darlings of the NFL for the past few days.  I see this as a horrible prediction, not more Bills hatred.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Badthingsman said:

Look at the game time in the thread.    This is some loser out on the West Coast.  He must die.  

The url suggests it if someone feeling disgruntled about the fact that Buffalo beat up on his beloved Broncos this season.

1 hour ago, poblano said:

Ina season we should have won 5 games

THIS kinda sums it all up!!!  We exceeded expectations on several games we blew chunks on others.......this game is winnable but some STELLAR performances need to be turned in by the Bills or is very well could turn into a ROUT!!

27 minutes ago, OCinBuffalo said:

Has this guy watched Jacksonville film the last 4 weeks?I have. They aren't good enough to put up 44 on anybody, because barring a Jets QB-like(Buttfumble, Gino Smith going 1-3 to his guys, and 2-3 to ours) total meltdown, there simply isn't enough time in a game for them to score that much.

They might be able to reach 44 if games lasted 2 hours. It's not just what they run on O(variations of the same small chunks O we saw here), but how they run it(repeatedly), that all but prevents Jacksonville from scoring at anywhere near the pace they need to put up 34 points, never mind 44.

Thus the only path to 44, or 34, or really, 24, for Jacksonville runs through: help from the other team's offense, and, to a lesser extent, kicking game. 

This can be due to my own visual bias: I don't have hard #s, yet, but given what I have watched, I'd guess that a team that doesn't help them with turnovers, has ~65-70% chance to win. And, that a team that gets ahead of them by 2 scores has a ~90% chance to win. When I get time tonight, I'm gonna do this math, and create a "help propensity stat" that should make things clear as to whether my swaggy % is right or wrong. As well, I'll do a "comeback propensity".

Bottom line - Bills D pulls a crappy tackling effort that leads to 200 yards rushing.....yeah a blow out for sure.  BUT - if the D tackles responsibly, bends but doesn't break, there is a chance for an upset and lets face it  - a win would be an upset.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, smuvtalker said:

The problem is we rarely turn the interceptions into tds....