Donate $17 to the Andy and Jordan Dalton Foundation!

HappyDays

This is actually better than making the playoffs. Don't get me wrong, I am ecstatic that we are finally in the playoffs. Yet, the world does not come to an end if we do not make the playoffs . . . as we have learned over the past 17 years.

This outpouring of generosity, however, is so meaningful to the lives of ordinary people.  It also shows the whole world that Buffalo truly is the City of Good Neighbors.  

Our collective reaction to making the playoffs and donating to this foundation makes me so proud to be from Buffalo and a Bills fan.

Well done everyone!

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Billzebubba said:

I get a weird vibe from Dalton in his acknowledgements about this donation story.  For some reason...AD cant seem to bring himself to wish the Bills and Fans good luck in these playoffs, I'm not sure he's comfortable with it, as if it's a bit embarrassing?

Agree. Also, in the story on the CBS Evening News tonight, he made a point to say that it was sort of surprising because "we beat them earlier this year." LOL

6 minutes ago, Badthingsman said:

I don't think there are a lot of other fan bases that would be doing this!   LET'S GO BUFFALO!  HEY HEY HEY!

Yeah I don’t remember any Steelers fan donating to leodis mckelvin’s foundation after he picked off Fitz in 2015 to send them to the playoffs. You know, the “Point Period Blank” foundation.

• Haha (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, Billzebubba said:

I get a weird vibe from Dalton in his acknowledgements about this donation story.  For some reason...AD cant seem to bring himself to wish the Bills and Fans good luck in these playoffs, I'm not sure he's comfortable with it, as if it's a bit embarrassing?

I don’t think anyone would be prepared with the “right” thing to say in this situation. He thanked Bills fans, but I don’t know how Cincy would feel if it outright said “GO BILLS!” :)

It’s a good cause and if it gets us a single ounce of good Karma, and more importantly helps a kid in need, $17 well spent. 

Edited by stevestojan
  • Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Billzebubba said:

4 minutes ago, John in Jax said:

Agree. Also, in the story on the CBS Evening News tonight, he made a point to say that it was sort of surprising because "we beat them earlier this year." LOL

In earlier posts, he went out of his way to mention Buffalo fans etc. I have the feeling he wants to make sure that he does not alienate Bengals fans and those that have been supporting the charity. That is understandable.

The latest tweet from the foundation (that I saw) mentions both the Bills and Bengals etc. 

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Stupid question:  How do you post so that the image of the link appears like this?

2 minutes ago, Peter said:

In earlier posts, he went out of his way to mention Buffalo fans etc. I have the feeling he wants to make sure that he does not alienate Bengals fans and those that have been supporting the charity. That is understandable.

The latest tweet from the foundation (that I saw) mentions both the Bills and Bengals etc. 

Stupid question:  How do you post so that the image of the link appears like this?

xkwsqw.jpg

Click on the on the down arrow to the right and select Copy link to Tweet.  Paste it into the reply box and select  Paste as plain text instead and then hit Submit Reply. Voila.

39 minutes ago, Badthingsman said:

I don't think there are a lot of other fan bases that would be doing this!   LET'S GO BUFFALO!  HEY HEY HEY!

No other city has been out of the playoffs this long either.

It's pretty arrogant to think Buffalo is the only fan base that would do something special for others.

Just now, klos63 said:

It's pretty arrogant to think Buffalo is the only fan base that would do something special for others.

No.  You're wrong.  

1 minute ago, klos63 said:

Chowderheads would give nothing and say you hate us cuz you ain't us.

51 minutes ago, John in Jax said:

I think he was just pointing out that they beat the bills and yet bills fan have given them 170 grand. Not many fans bases would do that. And I have no doubt that if it were the Patriots that helped us in the playoffs, bills fan would not be so appreciative 

This is what people outside of our fanbase don't truly understand about being a Bills fan, it's not just football to us. We love our football, no doubt, but It's not just a game or entertainment for us. Our lives and hearts are invested in this team. It's about family! It's our connection to home and the past! It's about perseverance and determination in the face of adversity! It's about hardwork and belief! It's about toughness! It's about still believing in honor, integrity, compassion, and generosity! It's about always supporting your own no matter what! And appreciating what you have, because we know it doesn't come easy.

Moments like this (all of the excitement with the ending of the drought and now the donations to Andy's charity) and the snow game, or the crowd chanting and cheering for Scott Norwood after the Super Bowl XXV loss and then watching our guys pick themselves up over and over and over again to go to four straight Super Bowls are extremely rare. There is a bond developed in shared sorrow and in persevering through it together. So, our special moments may be fewer and farther between than many teams, but when they come, the experience and elation of them is far greater. Feelings that I'm not even sure can be matched by a Super Bowl victory because life isn't just about winning, it's about sharing the experience of life itself (the good and the bad) together. We do not just watch our team, we are One with the team, in the locker room, in the community, and on the field, through all of the ups and downs. We are all the Bills!

Just donated $114.00  with note in "Company" line saying: $17forDrought/$83forBoyd/$14forAndy

Edited by folz
  • Like (+1) 12
  • Thank you (+1) 6

22 minutes ago, folz said:

This is what people outside of our fanbase don't truly understand about being a Bills fan, it's not just football to us. We love our football, no doubt, but It's not just a game or entertainment for us. Our lives and hearts are invested in this team. It's about family! It's our connection to home and the past! It's about perseverance and determination in the face of adversity! It's about hardwork and belief! It's about toughness! It's about still believing in honor, integrity, compassion, and generosity! It's about always supporting your own no matter what! And appreciating what you have, because we know it doesn't come easy.

Moments like this (all of the excitement with the ending of the drought and now the donations to Andy's charity) and the snow game, or the crowd chanting and cheering for Scott Norwood after the Super Bowl XXV loss and then watching our guys pick themselves up over and over and over again to go to four straight Super Bowls are extremely rare. There is a bond developed in shared sorrow and in persevering through it together. So, our special moments may be fewer and farther between than many teams, but when they come, the experience and elation of them is far greater. Feelings that I'm not even sure can be matched by a Super Bowl victory because life isn't just about winning, it's about sharing the experience of life itself (the good and the bad) together. We do not just watch our team, we are One with the team, in the locker room, in the community, and on the field, through all of the ups and downs. We are all the Bills!

Just donated $114.00  with note in "Company" line saying: $17forDrought/$83forBoyd/$14forAndy

Great post, you are right on. I try to explain this to non-Bills fans and they just don’t understand. 

32 minutes ago, folz said:

Jimminy Xmas!

This is like the eleventeenth time I've wept this week.

terrific post, folz. :thumbsup: 

45 minutes ago, folz said:

I know it's early but this is the post of the year.

• Like (+1) 3

45 minutes ago, folz said:

Nicely done.  It's true.

I'm in. 

On 1/1/2018 at 1:43 PM, SACTOBILLSFAN said:

Dalton tweeted this out so evidently it’s catching on. If you go to www.andydalton.org you can click on “Make a Donation” 

This works!  Put my organization down as Bills Mafia!!!!!

53 minutes ago, folz said:

This is fantastic.

I just found out on Reddit that the new anchor of the CBS Evening News.....Jeff Glor, who did the story tonight.....is from Buffalo. I guess he grew up in Tonawanda and went to Kenmore East. At the end of the broadcast tonight, he said, "Let's Go Buffalo." Looks like he's stepping into the shoes of Tim Russert! 

• Like (+1) 1