Donate $17 to the Andy and Jordan Dalton Foundation!

HappyDays

And 1700 people is barely anything relative to the entire fan base - if/when the word really gets out imagine it's going to go up dramatically 

I lost my father 12 years ago yesterday. He was born and raised in Binghamton and was a die hard Bills fan. I was born and raised in Phoenix and I'd like to think I'm as loyal to my team as you all are to yours. I just sent $17 to Mr Dalton's charity and want to wish the Bills and their loyal fans good luck. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Not anymore.

As long as the Andy and Jordan Dalton Foundation is still a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, it is fully tax deductible.  Here is a line from the bottom of my tax receipt:

Contributions to the Foundation are tax deductible, as provided by law. Please retain this receipt for tax purposes and consult your tax advisor for more information.

• Like (+1) 1

So cool.  Obviously $22K and now $57K is a huge amount of money for his specific charity.  Nice that Dalton keeps giving shout outs because its a once in a lifetime opportunity for his charity to get this many donations.

15 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

As long as the Andy and Jordan Dalton Foundation is still a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, it is fully tax deductible.  Here is a line from the bottom of my tax receipt:

Contributions to the Foundation are tax deductible, as provided by law. Please retain this receipt for tax purposes and consult your tax advisor for more information.

That changed with the GOP tax bill. The only thing that is still tax deductible are private jets.

I am a lifelong Bengals fan but have some good friends from college who are die hard Bills fans.  I can say that everyone I've talked to here in Cincinnati is pulling for the Bills in the playoffs!  

Since back in the days of the late 80's watching the Bengals and Bills in the AFCCG, I have always pulled for the Bills when the Bengals weren't relevant (and that was most of the time after 1988).  

Yesterday's win was a small win for Bengals fans but a huge one for all of Bills Mafia and it couldn't have happened to a more deserving fan base.  I was so pumped for you guys!  You deserve it!  You made our crap season a bit brighter!  Good luck this week!

Now go beat Jacksonville, take care of New England, and hand it to the hated Steelers to go to the Superbowl.  That would make my year.  

Edited by Cincyhokie
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 8

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

That changed with the GOP tax bill. The only thing that is still tax deductible are private jets.

Not exactly true.  501(c)3 orgs are still deductible, but they curbed back on orgs like 501(c)4, etc.  Most true, charitable, non-profits are 501(c)3, which Dalton's Foundation is.

I hear the Democrats wanted to make Lexus SUV purchases tax deductible, perhaps those were the items that rightfully got rolled back.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Not exactly true.  501(c)3 orgs are still deductible, but they curbed back on orgs like 501(c)4, etc.  Most true, charitable, non-profits are 501(c)3, which Dalton's Foundation is.

I hear the Democrats wanted to make Lexus SUV purchases tax deductible, perhaps those were the items that rightfully got rolled back.

I think you heard it wrong. It was local taxes and medical bills that got rolled back.

10 hours ago, HappyDays said:

You can donate here: 

https://www.flexpay.co/mobile/donation.aspx

"The mission of the Andy & Jordan Dalton Foundation is to provide daily support, opportunities, resources and life-changing experiences to seriously ill and physically challenged children and their families in Cincinnati and Fort Worth."

Just did my part.  What a great way to show thanks for the help in breaking the 17 year drought than by helping others, and starting the new years off that way!  I encourage every one who can send 17.00, and make this a great story 

1 minute ago, bbb said:

How do you designate that the money is coming from a Bills fan?  It's about the only donation form that I've tried to use that doesn't have a section to leave a note. 

I.put in the company line...17 years, thank you.   Plus my donation was 17.00 so they knew anyways

8 hours ago, bbb said:

How do you designate that the money is coming from a Bills fan?  It's about the only donation form that I've tried to use that doesn't have a section to leave a note. 

I think at this point, they figure that any donation in a multiple of $17 is from a Bills fan.