Fiddling with the Practice Squad -- Now???

Ennjay

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2017/12/30/bills-sign-wr-bray-to-practice-squad/

Seriously: why?

There was no practice today and PS'ers have nothing to do on Game Days.  So what's the point on Saturday of Week 17?  They'd rather have a WR than a CB next week if they make the playoffs?  Or they keep the newby's rights in the offseason, and he's that valuable?

9 minutes ago, Ennjay said:

There was no practice today and PS'ers have nothing to do on Game Days.  So what's the point on Saturday of Week 17?  They'd rather have a WR than a CB next week if they make the playoffs?  Or they keep the newby's rights in the offseason, and he's that valuable?

Smokescreen

EDIT:  sorry Ennjay.  I thought your rep was your post count,  MYYYYYYYY BAAAAAAD.

THIS is your first post?  The referees taking it to us last week.  Gronks flying forearm.  Peterman starting over TT and throwing 5 1st half picks.  Plethora of trades we’ve made.  None of those prompted you to post, but a practice squad transaction did?  Millennial?

Edited by NewEra
Was impaired and I acted like a tool
  • Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, NewEra said:

THIS is your first post?  The referees taking it to us last week.  Gronks flying forearm.  Peterman starting over TT and throwing 5 1st half picks.  Plethora of trades we’ve made.  None of those prompted you to post, but a practice squad transaction did?  Millennial?

Huh?  I've been posting for years (the number of posts is right under the "total reputation" number, whatever that means) and I'm just asking a question.

This kind of post makes you throw a tantrum?  Just chill babe . . .

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Here here....brilliant....millenials are so cute...

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Ennjay said:

Why are you worried about it? What does it matter?

If the Bills do make the playoffs, there could be some further tinkering with the roster.  If the guy is on your PS, he will have a little practice time in the system, which is better than coming in cold.  Even if the Bills don't make the playoffs, it may be that the Bills find his skill set intriguing and it's easier to sign a guy to a futures contract if he's already in the building.

9 hours ago, NewEra said:

Looks like he has 834 posts... sort of an odd rant from you. He has 1 "reacted" to post.

4 hours ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

So the guy they cut, gets immediately picked up by the team we happen to be playing this week!  He's been in intense interrogation since he arrived at Miami.  It's a classic Cheatriots move!

McBeane is giving them a poison pill Trae Elston is full of disinformation.

The Bills will be switching to a 3-4 and run man to man today.

TT will run the Jim Kelly no huddle pass first offence.

This should have them totally baffled ;) 

The reality is you can control a player on a futures contract if he is on your PS at the end of the year.

I don't think losing Elston was that big of a deal he just wasn't that good.

Iirc, Whaley would often 'tinker' with the PS until late in the season. It's a valuable tool to find guys who you think will come in and 'fit' what you are trying to do.

Teams will have lists of guys they are interested in, who they couldn't pick up for whatever reason, and the more of those guys you get to see, the more chance you have of finding someone who will stick.

9 hours ago, NewEra said:

I see you’ve been nominated to the welcome wagon.  You’re doing a nice job, especially since the OP has over 800 posts.  

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Ennjay said:

Huh?  I've been posting for years (the number of posts is right under the "total reputation" number, whatever that means) and I'm just asking a question.

This kind of post makes you throw a tantrum?  Just chill babe . . .

Ha!  My bad!  Maybe too much wine at dinner?  I guess I thought the rep was the post count.  IF that was your first post, then my reply would’ve had some weight behind it.  But instead, I look like a drunk ? 

1 hour ago, aceman_16 said:

Looks like he has 834 posts... sort of an odd rant from you. He has 1 "reacted" to post.

Yeah my bad. See above!  

10 hours ago, NewEra said:

I'm not even sure where to go with this. The millennial thing is a bit odd. 

Edited by Ol Dirty B

Just now, Ol Dirty B said:

A guy with the username new era is gonna go off on this tangent and B word about millenials. Which doesn't even make sense. Get a life.

User name was made in 2002.  Had nothing to do with the cap company or the field.  Mularky, Bledsoe, moulds, Henry, price, takeo, fletcher, pat Williams, Sam Adam, milloy.  It was a big offseason for us and I thought it was going to be a “new era”.  I was right.  It was a new era.  Unfortunately it’s one of the worst eras in sports history.

and like I’ve said, I’m sorry for my post.  I misread his info.

10 hours ago, NewEra said:

Stop being a bully

8 hours ago, MJS said:

Why do you care what they do or do not do with their practice squad at this point? There are far better things to complain about.

That's the point of the question.  And why do you think it's a complaint?

4 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

The reality is you can control a player on a futures contract if he is on your PS at the end of the year.

Thank you for being the first person to offer an answer to my question.

Why do so many people automatically assume a question out of curiousity is an angry complaint?  Jeesh . . . 

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, WMDman said:

Beanes gone rogue

was just a matter of time..

5 hours ago, Max Fischer said:

Seek anger management. Seriously, you need help. 

Do Not Tell me What to do :angry:.

14 minutes ago, Ennjay said:

Why do so many people automatically assume a question out of curiousity is an angry complaint?  Jeesh . . . 

this is like half time adjustments. Bills have struggled with them for decades..

Glad you received and honest answer or 3.

Go Bills PS !

56 minutes ago, Ennjay said:

Your more than welcome :) 

16 hours ago, Ennjay said:

Because their season ends essentially the PS all sign Futures contracts pretty quickly this move was for next year 

On 12/30/2017 at 10:11 PM, Ennjay said:

You were saying?