DROY: Tre White nominated. Award presented tonight at 9pm NBC

YoloinOhio

23 minutes ago, billspro said:

He's the best corner we have had in a long time. I love the way he plays and his passion for the game. He has a chance to be in the Freddie and Kyle Williams category if he keeps this up.

i like how humble and well-spoken he is off the field, too.

32 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He should won it just slightly over Lattimore. BUT I think the Bills have to make the playoffs for that to happen. Otherwise it goes to Lattimore because the media likes to see the impact of the player result in something tangible. A division title for the Saints after last year does that for Latts, a playoff appearance does that for Tre. But no playoffs for Tre he loses that even though its a team sport.

• Like (+1) 1

he is good!  i'm very very impressed and i'm not easily impressed.  it's not often that a rookie can get off the bus and be a #1 lock down type corner on an NFL team so quickly.  if he doesn't win it then he's going to be a close 2nd imo.  plus we got an extra 1st when we traded down to get him.  score!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, billspro said:

He's the best corner we have had in a long time. I love the way he plays and his passion for the game. He has a chance to be in the Freddie and Kyle Williams category if he keeps this up.

I agree. Love the way he plays and the passion he plays with. Seems like a hard worker. Definitely represents the Buffalo working man to me. Behind kyle, he is my favorite player 

1 hour ago, Stank_Nasty said:

one plays for the saints and the other plays in buffalo.... sadly he's just not getting enough attention. anytime the topic comes up in the national media its all Lattimore hype and then "oh and that guy from buffalo is doing okay to"

players on winning teams get more hype.  When is the vote?  If we make the playoffs perhaps the voters will note that White has 2 or perhaps even 3 game "winning" Int's (other team driving, he intercepts the ball).  

5 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

players on winning teams get more hype.  When is the vote?  If we make the playoffs perhaps the voters will note that White has 2 or perhaps even 3 game "winning" Int's (other team driving, he intercepts the ball).  

I believe vote is after the reg season and then award announced at that NFL honors ceremony they have the night before the SB. Kiko got invited his rookie year, but didn’t win. I think they bring top 2 or 3 nominees.

I loved the pick when the Bills made it but can remember a lot of fans complaining about it.

You can't go wrong with a DB out of LSU. Peterson in AZ has been the best in the NFL for years and White will be just as good.

I’d have it Lattimore - White - everyone else. Lattimore totally transformed the Saints defense. Tre has been fantastic as well but he hasn’t had the impact on the Bills defense that Lattimore has had on the Saints.

I wonder if Bill in NYC will even like the pick??

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Just now, Juice_32 said:

What a phenomenal draft pick. Kudos to whoever did the homework on Tre. He is everything you hope for with a 1st round pick. 

Credit to whaley’s Scouts. Astro said they scouted LSU games in person more than any other team. Everyone assumed they were there to see Jamal Adams. That said, he fits McD’s player profile to a T so he likely played a big role in the selection too.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Yav said:

I loved the pick when the Bills made it but can remember a lot of fans complaining about it.

You can't go wrong with a DB out of LSU. Peterson in AZ has been the best in the NFL for years and White will be just as good.

Yeah you can...Ron Brooks.

5 hours ago, Kmart128 said:

He has been good but Lattimore has been at another level. Lattimore is a top 2 CB in NFL. White is a top 8.

The numberrs say different

2 hours ago, NoSaint said:

Lattimore has been better. That’s not an insult to white. Whites been beyond all expectations and deserves a lot of praise but lattimore has been absolute top notch.

Again I say what numbers say Lat has been better.......he plays on a team that has an actual pass rush

3 minutes ago, John from Hemet said:

Again I say what numbers say Lat has been better.......he plays on a team that has an actual pass rush

I’ve watched every snap of both teams, which I think counts for something in forming that opinion.

Just now, John from Hemet said:

so as a watcher of the saints......the saints dont have a better pass rush and overall defense?

(I watch them as well)

They do seem to have a better pass rush. Cam Jordan is having a hugely underrated season.

I also think they have a better CB1.

that doesn’t mean I think poorly of ours. Both have been very good. 

2 hours ago, NoSaint said:

They do seem to have a better pass rush. Cam Jordan is having a hugely underrated season.

I also think they have a better CB1.

that doesn’t mean I think poorly of ours. Both have been very good. 

The word was if they didn't make that trade they were staying put and taking Lattimore at 10...

So I guess the question I would ask is would you rather have White and KC's #1 pick this upcoming draft or Lattimore?

I'd prefer White and the KC pick over Lattimore but I know he has been outstanding as well...

9 hours ago, John from Hemet said:

He has been lock down. Numbers isn't a good way to prove how good a CB is. In fact if they have more tackles and INTs that usual means they have given up more receptions and had more targets against them. Lattimore had by far the lower passer rating against him compared to White. He is actually 3rd in NFL.... White isn't even in top 10. Lattimore has the same amount of INTs despite being targeted way less than White and White having over 300 more snaps than Lattimore.

Lattimore has yet to allow a TD. And the only receiver to gather more than 38 yards against him was Julio Jones.

Only reason Lattimore would lose is cause he missed time due to injury... But even then he was the best CB in the NFL before his injury

12 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’d have it Lattimore - White - everyone else. Lattimore totally transformed the Saints defense. Tre has been fantastic as well but he hasn’t had the impact on the Bills defense that Lattimore has had on the Saints.

I wonder if Bill in NYC will even like the pick??

Agree 100% Kirby.  

The rookie defensive backs have been exactly as advertised.  Lattimore and White have been top 10 corners in the league as rookies, Marlon Humphrey has been very good too in Baltimore and got better as the season has gone on. Adams has had a solid season in NY and Hooker was playing well for the Colts before the injury.  

18 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

He has been lock down. Numbers isn't a good way to prove how good a CB is. In fact if they have more tackles and INTs that usual means they have given up more receptions and had more targets against them. Lattimore had by far the lower passer rating against him compared to White. He is actually 3rd in NFL.... White isn't even in top 10. Lattimore has the same amount of INTs despite being targeted way less than White and White having over 300 more snaps than Lattimore.

Lattimore has yet to allow a TD. And the only receiver to gather more than 38 yards against him was Julio Jones.

Only reason Lattimore would lose is cause he missed time due to injury... But even then he was the best CB in the NFL before his injury

And he got a big pick against Julio in that game. 

6 hours ago, matter2003 said:

The word was if they didn't make that trade they were staying put and taking Lattimore at 10...

So I guess the question I would ask is would you rather have White and KC's #1 pick this upcoming draft or Lattimore?

I'd prefer White and the KC pick over Lattimore but I know he has been outstanding as well...

At current trajectory, yea I probably do agree there. I think white and abouther first will likely make up for the small gap between white and lattimore