Clinton Portis, Redskins teammates did shots before games

Bing Bong

If you want to commiserate in another teams' lost season in NFL lore I saw this weird story crop up on Twitter,

I know it's tragic about Sean Taylor, but they were doing this way back. And why Hennessy??

I don't even know what Jim Zorn is supposed to do in that situation.. He didn't even seem to hard pressed about it. Just let it go I guess. Takes a certain kind of coach to deal with that.

This is the full story https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dc-sports-bog/wp/2017/12/05/clinton-portis-and-santana-moss-lost-more-than-a-friend-when-sean-taylor-died/?utm_term=.80fcb9598e78

28 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I never did this but I kinda wish I had. I'd get so nervous before games, I'd want to puke. A shot would have eased that.  I know many people who have a glass of wine before job interviews. 

ha I'd have incredible anxiety before games, I don't think I could stomach liquor by the time I'm in the locker room. Could barely force down water.

42 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

WTF??? How would any coach allow that to happen??

A Gibbs thing I guess, he must have seen everything by that point. IIRC they were pretty good before he retired and Zorn came in.

3 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I actually think all NFL players should do a shot before a game. Probably would relax players a little bit and maybe save on some injuries 

Except half the league is loaded up on painkillers since the league won't let them smoke a bowl lol.

Combining alcohol with all those pills can't be good.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Except half the league is loaded up on painkillers since the league won't let them smoke a bowl lol.

Combining alcohol with all those pills can't be good.

Id imagine there’s also an awful lot of stimulant use as well. I mean, who wouldn’t want to rip off a few lines before running out of the tunnel!? 

46 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I actually think all NFL players should do a shot before a game. Probably would relax players a little bit and maybe save on some injuries 

I actually think all Buffalo Bills fans should take a shot of morphine before games, would ease the pain a little bit.  Just a little.

37 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Anyone remember the interview with Russell Wilson in the tunnel right before the MNF game vs Bills last year? There is no doubt in my mind he was on something. Sweating profusely and talking so fast it was almost maniacal.

I did not see this but would like to now lol

42 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Anyone remember the interview with Russell Wilson in the tunnel right before the MNF game vs Bills last year? There is no doubt in my mind he was on something. Sweating profusely and talking so fast it was almost maniacal.

Adderral. 

Thats the next question I want to hear from Jim Gray's mouth.

"Tom, TOM do you have a prescription for adderral?

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Glad you remembered that. That was ridiculous. He looked/spoke like a certified lunatic. There's zero chance he was sober at that moment. 

20 minutes ago, QB Bills said:

Glad you remembered that. That was ridiculous. He looked/spoke like a certified lunatic. There's zero chance he was sober at that moment. 

Exactly - I was thinking wtf were they doing in that locker room before the game? I think I know. Dick Sherman’s been caught with adderall before. 

That's a difficult read.  I've never lost a friend like that, let alone a friend in the workplace.  S. Taylor was a real talent and sounds like a great friend.  As for Zorn, good lord...  If fans knew what really went on inside the NFL, it would really be a carnival.  I'd love to know the real stories of what goes on inside 1 bills drive.  

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

If you want to commiserate in another teams' lost season in NFL lore I saw this weird story crop up on Twitter,

. And why Hennessy??

You ain't ever  hung out with any black folks?

Edited by plenzmd1

Prior to the game, on our way, we would take a little shot,” said Portis, per Dan Steinberg of the Washington Post. “Not like going out and getting sloppy wasted; just adrenaline. You know, you take a shot and you were done with it.

“Me, Santana and Sean, we did this for a year and a half before anybody knew,” he continued. “We never told anybody. It was just, hey, here’s a little sip, bam, that was it.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/clinton-portis-redskins-teammates-did-shots-of-hennessy-before-games/ar-BBGhMCc?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp

4 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

You ain't ever  hung out with any black folks?

Well yeah, I actually looked up Hennessy and found it was popular with that demographic I guess. Is it regional? My drinking career started in Texas and like no one gets Hennessey.

I realize how white that sounded lol

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

I think our OL and DL on our team should eat a garlic and limburger sandwhich for a pre game snack

typed all instead of our ol and dl sure wouldn't want our guys to face up against some nasty breathe

a couple of bumps of yay at halftime would make a nice half time adjustment we lack

Edited by ddaryl

16 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I have speculated that the Hawks players are on some kind if upper for years. 

22 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

I have speculated that the Hawks players are on some kind if upper for years. 

I thought they were the main team incriminated when the NFL cracked down on adderal use a few years back.

I'd check that stupid everybodyCheats website but I ****ing hate whichever Patriot loser put that much production into it.

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks