Don't tell me pressure doesnt work against Brady!!

Steptide

Oh how that year blew up fast!  That was a much more talented defense that the 2017 Bills.  But I agree, if they can scheme it right, and people have a good day, I think Brady can be touched.  So long as the offense can get some points and return serve I think the Bills should be competitive.  This is not the same Pats who won super bowls.  Their offense line is good, but not great.  Defense has to be play their most disciplined game of the year to make this a win.

Ahhhh, those were the days, when we didn't know what we had in Bledsoe compared to the next 13 years of QB disaster. Defense was really firing that day....have to think Bledsoe and Milloy had their personal agendas on fire for that game. I CANNOT believe it's been that long since we've seen a team like that one, as bad as they were, they had talent at nearly every position group that could rival any other....parity has helped us in the NFL, but man has it been a looooong time since I felt confident on game day about the Bills winning.

Nothing really works in terms of how it impacts other quarterbacks.  But pressuring Brady does work to a point.  It has to be a certain sort of pressure though.  The best pressure to apply on Brady is when it comes up the middle of the field.   Edge rushing doesnt work as well because its not the path of least resistant, it takes too long.  He is at his worst when pressure comes up the middle and it comes fast.

The Giants always did this so well and to a certain extent the Texans did it last year in the playoffs. 

our front 4 hasnt been real impressive this year, our offense doesnt seem capable of putting up a high score, add that to the fact that Brady is usually at his best vs a zone defense. I hope im wrong but I have a feeling this game might be a nightmare, much like our previous 3 game historic ass whoopin

Whoever said pressure doesn't work against Brady is wrong.  We've seen teams give him trouble - not often - but we've seen it disrupt their offense.  He doesn't throw picks but it's the only way to have a chance.  

The issue is two fold - one,  that's not what this years Bills team does well, so we may struggle to do it.  Second, they'll still score and we'll ultimately have to outscore them, again not something we do particularly well.

Edited by White Linen

I ordered my Takeo Spikes 51 home jersey right after that game and still sport it at the bars on game day til this day. Big fan of his when he was in Cincy and was so stoked when we signed him.  What a player he was.

Edited by billsbackto81

According to space.com, a Blue Moon happens, on average, once every 2.7 years.

Brady is presently 26-3 against Buffalo in 29 starts (29 games effectively represents 14.5 seasons (let's call it 14.5 years for sake of this discussion) of games between the 2 teams where Brady has started.  So, 14.5  years / 3 wins = 4.83 -- which means Buffalo gets a victory over Tom Brady, on average, once every 4.83 years or seasons.

So, sadly, the math quite literally says that Blue Moons happen with much greater regularity than do Buffalo wins over Tom Brady - dang close to being twice as frequently.

Ah, being a Buffalo fan is a special place   :)

(in hell)

Edited by ChasBB

18 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Nothing matters if we don’t stop their run game. 

You can say that against any team.

Call me crazy, but if Brady has even a slightly below average game, the Bills lose.

I also remember thinking Brady was nothing more than a flash in the pan after that game.

I have never been more wrong.

1 hour ago, Steptide said:

It worked 14 years ago! In all seriousness, these highlights never get old

There is a difference between pressure and blitzing. When Brady has failed it has been against 4/5 man fronts with exotic schemes that force him to take an extra second to look at the field while the pressure beats his line up front.

Otherwise against the blitz he has something like 70 TDs and zero INTs. So yea blitzing is bad.

46 minutes ago, ChasBB said:

According to space.com, a Blue Moon happens, on average, once every 2.7 years.

Brady is presently 26-3 against Buffalo in 29 starts (29 games effectively represents 14.5 seasons (let's call it 14.5 years for sake of this discussion) of games between the 2 teams where Brady has started.  So, 14.5  years / 3 wins = 4.83 -- which means Buffalo gets a victory over Tom Brady, on average, once every 4.83 years or seasons.

So, sadly, the math quite literally says that Blue Moons happen with much greater regularity than do Buffalo wins over Tom Brady - dang close to being twice as frequently.

Ah, being a Buffalo fan is a special place   :)

(in hell)

Well, there's a special place in hell for posts like this.  Well done, my brother.

Have your front four get close, stay in front of him, stand up, and wave their arms.  He won't like it.  

It has worked in the past.  If the defense lets themselves get pushed to the side and the back, he will step into the pocket, and the slicing and dicing will commence.

In Mario's last season with the Bills, he would let himself get pushed behind the QB all the time.  It looked like he was so close, but really it was ineffective.

1 hour ago, Binghamton Beast said:

You can say that against any team.

Call me crazy, but if Brady has even a slightly below average game, the Bills lose.

I also remember thinking Brady was nothing more than a flash in the pan after that game.

I have never been more wrong.

Sure, we can say that about any team. But it’s magnified when any team has a Brady at the controls; their running game makes him that much more effective; especially when they catch you in nickel and dime packages and go with an extra TE and pick up the pace to prevent you from countering with a better sub package. 

I dont think you can stop Brady; he’s going to get his. It just pisses me off when they punch us in the mouth with a good running game, too. 

I honestly would just bring pressure with 4 all day and force him to pass the ball into tight windows. I think if we blitz Brady will just pick it up and get huge chunks of yardage.

3 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

He's going to carve you up no matter what, so at least hit him and hope to get a fumble or force him into a poor throw

I normally would do this but I just don't think we have the pass rushers for it. I would send a few well timed blitzes but for the most part I'm playing zone and hope the front 4 get pressure.

1 hour ago, BillsFan4 said:

Ain't that the truth...

this is a load of bs.  blitz and sooner or later you're gonna lay the wood. step 1. we also have gaines, tre and the safeties to take advantage of hurried throws. there's no way in hell we are gonna beat him with out bringing the heat. we can lay down and go ..what 27-3 or we can punish. i'll take the latter. it's time to make a statement and beat the hell out this team. win or lose and we ain't got nothing to lose.

Edited by billsredneck1

the front four need to be super aware of the passing lanes, especially on crossing routes ( with those nasty picks they do ).

Hand Up Boys.

can't get there?

Hand up !

Take the gut punching  their evil  O line will do for the good of the Team.

rush four. Deandre should get some reps Sunday

15 minutes ago, MC Hamburg said:

Chiefs beat the Patriots with a 3 man rush..... sent all units into coverage and won...got to have a good plan and stick with it

We did that with Ryan. We do not have coverage LBs right now though

Pressure works against anyone.  How many guys are you going to have to send to generate enough of it tho?  If its more than the 4 base rushers you have he will find open receivers before you can get there and render it useless.  They will just start leaving a guy in to block and he will carve you apart--we've seen it all too often. Perfect throws in the face of a blitz that are mind boggling.

7 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

He's going to carve you up no matter what, so at least hit him and hope to get a fumble or force him into a poor throw

Can't remember what year it was, but I can still remember opening week, first play of the season from scrimmage, Bills sack Brady on a blitz(I think Spikes), he fumbles and I believe Fletcher returns it for a TD.  I thought...man this is going to turn out really good....it didn't.  Neither the game or the season.

Edited by matter2003

Anyone that thinks you can play soft zone against this team and win has not paid attention for the last 2 decades.  Brady absolutely shreds the soft zones.  If I see Hughs running backward at the snap to cover some receiver in a zone, I will lose all faith in this coaching staff to ever have a clue.

You absolutely have to pressure Brady, up the middle, in his face.  Sure if you can do it with 4; that's awesome.  But we all know our front 4 can't do that... They haven't all year.  So we have to send timed blitzes frequently!   Then you play the receivers in tight, man coverage, jamming them on the line.  Because you absolutely have to disrupt the timing of the passing offense and try to take away the shallow, crossing, pick plays that they love.  If you play zone, 5 yards off the ball, you're dead.

There is no single way to beat this cheating team.  But you have an immobile QB with a sore achilles, that loves shallow, crossing, pick plays.  Stop that and you have a shot.  Let him stand upright with no pressure, and we've all seen him pick apart every team that's ever tried it.

On offense... Keep Tyrod mobile!  I don't care if he runs on every pass attempt.  But, if they think he can stand in the pocket and routinely read a BB defense, they're nuts.

Brady can be confused when the D stands around prior to the snap and doesn't show what they are trying to do.  It takes away Brady's ability to read the D and adjust pre-snap, b/c there is "no D" to read.

Rex did that to him at that one game in Buffalo and it frustrated and confused Brady in a way I haven't seen in years.

We still lost!

Brady and Gilmore are the 2 biggest pansies on the field this sunday. I don't know the answer but if we can get Jerry Hughes to whack him a few times, he's going to start throwing into the dirt when he gets scared.. got to protect that body if you want to play to 45.