Kaepernick's Lawyer Tweets He Will Be Signed...

Big C

I just dont care one way or the other. If someone signs him, fine. If no one signs him, fine.

I would say I am the same way, but all of these folks who insist how amazing and inspiring the douchebag is make me think the guy is nothing but a giant distraction and a whole bunch of bull ****. He's a weak minded poor football player.

Who knew Bills fans hated free speech so much.

yeah, clearly. Says the guy who is upset that others are exercising there is... Oh the irony, the delicious irony

Cleveland, Miami and the Jets come to mind.

Miami loves PR and I can see them doing this. Well if I were them I'd love to trade moore to Cleveland

Cleveland. As a punitive measure for the lawsuit by the owners.

the owners aren't working together on this.

Awesome news

for who? If I was a Pats, Browns or any team taking him on I'd be pissed.

If I'm a Pats fan or a team with an established starter I'm going to be annoyed with the coverage of his campaign and non-commitment to his profession.

If I'm a Browns or Fins fan I'm going to have to imagine him as a starter and he sucks.

So, yeah. No one should be excited for this. It's terrible news.

Where are these segments? NFL network sucks, never watch it.

I'm betting Hoyer

The New England Patriots only have one quarterback on the roster in some scrub named Tom Brady and they need to add another to the squad. After trading Jimmy Garoppolo to the San Francisco 49ers for a 2018 second round pick, the 49ers released former Patriots quarterback Brian Hoyer.

A reunion makes a lot of sense, as we previously wrote. Apparently the reunion was close from the start, according to NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport.

“The #49ers originally included QB Brian Hoyer in the trade to the #Patriots but he was taken out for comp. pick reasons,” Rapoport tweeted

It sounds like the trade was going to be Jimmy Garoppolo in exchange for the 49ers 2018 second round pick and Brian Hoyer, but the Patriots wanted Hoyer removed for compensatory draft pick reasons. The 49ers are not projected to receive any compensatory draft picks, while the Patriots are scheduled to receive two fourth round picks and a seventh round pick.

Hoyer counts as a fifth round pick on the compensatory draft pick cancellation chart on OverTheCap.com, but if a player is released before a certain point in the year they do not count in the compensatory math. The Patriots proved that by releasing tight end Clay Harbor early in the 2016 season.

And so while it’s not clear if the compensatory pick value would transfer to the Patriots and put one of the Patriots two projected fourth round compensatory picks in jeopardy, New England definitely didn’t want to take any risks.

Edited by Scott7975

scout/analyst from MMQB on espn today, was talking about what true scouts think about QBs. One of the biggest things they look for now is balls not thrown to open guys. Said its almost as bad as throwing picks. Top of the list for QBs who do this?

Taylor

Kaepernick

very similar QBs. mobile, not pocket passers, cant read whole field, etc etc.

much of the reason Kaep hasnt been signed isnt his political views, or the circus that follows. Its his play on the field. Should he have a job, sure, hes better than most backups, but u add what he brings on and off the field, understand why teams would be hesitant to sign him.

PS. Dont shoot the messenger, just relaying what the scout/analyst said about Taylor and Kaep. :)

Edited by bigduke6

scout/analyst from MMQB on espn today, was talking about what true scouts think about QBs. One of the biggest things they look for now is balls not thrown to open guys. Said its almost as bad as throwing picks. Top of the list for QBs who do this?

Taylor

Kaepernick

Kaepernick started in a SB a few years ago and Hotrod's team is 5-2.

There are no style points in football.

Just win baby.

Carry on.

I hope he signs with us.

Not a chance. McDermott has this team thinking as a team, not as an individual. They're focused on winning, not activism.

And the last thing McDermott would allow is taking a solid team where everyone is finally on the same page, and throw a moron bomb in the middle.

Edited by LABillzFan

Can't find a link to it outside of Bleacher Report but I saw that Kap's lawyer tweeted that he expects the QB to be signed within 10 days. What do we all think about this?

Great news! Edmonton is a great sports town!

Edited by Badthingsman

Cleveland.. They missed out on McCarron today, things can't get any worse, give it a shot!

...never understood why OBD didn;t take a flier on the kid in the 4th on draft day....nothing flashy but at least a cerebral game manager.....then again, OBD has been the mecca of QB picks and development post Kelly (COUGH).........

Who knew Bills fans hated free speech so much.

Who knew the Dork knew sooooo little about constitution?

Amendment I. Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Be careful what you ask for.

he would get killed in NE*. Their OL blows.

He isn't smart enough to make the complicated reads that the offense relies on either heir quick play.

He would put up good running numbers and get knocked out quick.

You don't need a QB as a backup who would be potentially knocked out for being such a bad QB.

So, yes, I wish upon the sky fairy Jesus that he would sign with the Patriots. I'd even write a $20 check to Kraft to show my appreciation.

Given the bang-up job his agent's done so far, I wouldn't be holding my breath.

Kaepernick started in a SB a few years ago and Hotrod's team is 5-2.

There are no style points in football.

Just win baby.

Carry on.

Then he went 8-8. Then he went 2-6 and got benched for Blaine frickin' Gabbert. Then season Gabbert shat the bed, and Kaep came in and proceeded to go 1-12.

Just win baby.

he would get killed in NE*. Their OL blows.

He isn't smart enough to make the complicated reads that the offense relies on either heir quick play.

He would put up good running numbers and get knocked out quick.

You don't need a QB as a backup who would be potentially knocked out for being such a bad QB.

So, yes, I wish upon the sky fairy Jesus that he would sign with the Patriots. I'd even write a $20 check to Kraft to show my appreciation.

If you say so.

A guy doesn't win the NFC Championship Game if he sucks. He was 16 for 21 233 yards 1TD 0 Int and 122.7 rate. The win included a come from behind in the 4th quarter.

Just because you don't like his politics and protest doesn't mean we need to re write history.

The man can play and will if he gets another chance IMHO.

Hopefully it's not the Patsies**. Bill Bellyache figured out how to win with Mat Cassell. I suspect he could with Colin as well.

If you say so.

A guy doesn't win the NFC Championship Game if he sucks. He was 16 for 21 233 yards 1TD 0 Int and 122.7 rate. The win included a come from behind in the 4th quarter.

Just because you don't like his politics and protest doesn't mean we need to re write history.

The man can play and will if he gets another chance IMHO.

Hopefully it's not the Patsies**. Bill Bellyache figured out how to win with Mat Cassell. I suspect he could with Colin as well.

that was what, three years ago? I reckon it works kind of like to Rex Ryan defense, right? He was exposed That season and eventually discovered by the rest of the league next year. There's nothing he'll be able to do on the field in 2017 that would directly make him a true winner. He could add to a team by making a few highlight-reel plays because that's what his type of player does but the net outcome overall is it a negative

Edit: I was purely talking about football, he has nothing to add to a team in 2017 football wise that would make a team any better. Sure he could start on the Browns tomorrow would maybe be their best quarterback but he's not going to provide them any better an opportunity to win because that's not what the Browns need.

There's maybe two teams in the League that calf Kaepernick could start on by the end of the season being their best quarterback. And that is Miami and Cleveland. Cleveland would never take him, he wouldn't be very good for that town on PR alone. But he also wouldn't work in that system of offense. Miami loves controversy, loves being in the news, and I think gase has had it up to his ears and willing to try anything at this point. I could see my me being a team heu signs with. And as a backup, there's no way in hell you want that !@#$. The second there's trouble there's going to be an amazing controversy- is he not starting because he's black? Is he not starting because of his protest? He gets to be a victim all over again. And maybe he fills in for an injured white quarterback and then he's pulled after playing fairly well. Could you imagine him going to Green Bay and winning getting them to the playoffs and then being bench next year in February and Rodgers and what people would say? You can laugh but people would say it

Edited by Boyst62

that was what, three years ago? I reckon it works kind of like to Rex Ryan defense, right? He was exposed That season and eventually discovered by the rest of the league next year. There's nothing he'll be able to do on the field in 2017 that would directly make him a true winner. He could add to a team by making a few highlight-reel plays because that's what his type of player does but the net outcome overall is it a negative

Edit: I was purely talking about football, he has nothing to add to a team in 2017 football wise that would make a team any better. Sure he could start on the Browns tomorrow would maybe be their best quarterback but he's not going to provide them any better an opportunity to win because that's not what the Browns need.

There's maybe two teams in the League that calf Kaepernick could start on by the end of the season being their best quarterback. And that is Miami and Cleveland. Cleveland would never take him, he wouldn't be very good for that town on PR alone. But he also wouldn't work in that system of offense. Miami loves controversy, loves being in the news, and I think gase has had it up to his ears and willing to try anything at this point. I could see my me being a team heu signs with. And as a backup, there's no way in hell you want that !@#$. The second there's trouble there's going to be an amazing controversy- is he not starting because he's black? Is he not starting because of his protest? He gets to be a victim all over again. And maybe he fills in for an injured white quarterback and then he's pulled after playing fairly well. Could you imagine him going to Green Bay and winning getting them to the playoffs and then being bench next year in February and Rodgers and what people would say? You can laugh but people would say it

Come on man. In 11 starts last year he threw 16 TDs and 4 picks for 2241 yards and ran for another 468 with a 90.7 rating. And that was on a tire fire team that fired it's coach after the season.

But yeah, he sucks.

Kaepernick's best chances are in Denver or Green Bay. Both of those team are in the playoffs this year if the QB play is even average. Right now, the current QB level for both teams is nowhere near that. One could argue that a QB with superbowl experience and some success in the past can't be worse than what Hundley and Siemian are doing now. This would assume that he has stayed focused enough to stay in football shape and quickly learn a system this year.

Edited by dgrochester55