CBS Studio Analysts praise Bills, Fans, McDermott

Fadingpain

Who watched the CBS post-game show with Phil Simms, Bill Cowher, Nate Burleson, and Boomer?

They just spent nearly 10 minutes praising the Bills.

They showed footage of McD giving the game ball to Logan Thomas in honor of the horrific week he has gone through with his daughter. The team rallied together saying "FAMILY".

Bill Cowher praised McD for this saying it's the right thing to do and it will further help get players on his side. Family comes before football and this will help build team continuity.

Boomer said the Bills are the best story in the league this year, or they might possibly be tied with the Rams for the best story.

Phil Simms and Boomer then started talking about the crowd in Buffalo and how it is nearly impossible to win there when it's all going well for the Bills. Boomer reminisced about the 1990s and how you couldn't win on the road in Buffalo.

After so many years of disrespect it was nice to see us really being praised for quite a while on a major network.

Time for a flex game!

We are due for one. A number of "good" teams are proving to be bad this year and we have come out of nowhere.

Maybe we can get on Sunday Night Football before the season is out.

How about one of our December match ups with NE? Might be hard to keep that out of prime time.

They praised Tyrod during halftime show. Calling him criminally underrated by the NFL community.

Don't forget he has gone to the Pro Bowl. Which I know is a popularity contest and not a real measure of performance. And he went as a last minute substitute. But my point is that somewhere, somehow, somebody thinks he doesn't suck.

After watching Kyle and McD in the locker room last week, and then the celebration of a mere first down by Tate this week - this team really cares about each other. Something I thought was dead in this league.

After watching Kyle and McD in the locker room last week, and then the celebration of a mere first down by Tate this week - this team really cares about each other. Something I thought was dead in this league.

That celebration was awesome to see...they were like giddy schoolgirls who just had the "hot" boy in their class ask them out

That play was awesome! And the way the team celebrated it even better. I'm not sure why they all seemed so happy for him...but it was awesome to see!

That celebration was awesome to see...they were like giddy schoolgirls who just had the "hot" boy in their class ask them out

This may be the post of the year! :worthy:

And yes, it was great to hear and see the love the CBS crew was giving. Great day to be a Bills fan! :wub:

This coverage scares me though... it's deja vu from 2011...

The media was ready to prop up the Bills as one of the best teams in the league, we were ranked in the top 3 in ESPN & NFL Power Rankings, Ryan Fitzpatrick was doing the media press tour appearing on talk shows every day, and we were on a roll going 5-2 up to that point. We had people claiming we had turned the corner, having beaten the Patriots at home already, and with Gailey being anointed as some genius coach. We smacked the Redskins around in Toronto, putting up a dominant defensive performance (with 9 or 10 sacks!) similar to what we did to the Raiders today.

Then we won a whopping 1 game from that point on...We lost 7 straight games and finished the season 6-10.

So even though there's a lot to be happy about, I know better than to be drawn in at this point. We also started 5-1 in 2008 and finished the year 7-9... Trent Edwards was getting tons of praise & also going on the media tour, while the national sports press hyped him up as the only successful QB of his draft class. They spoke too soon.

Edited by BigDingus

The media was ready to prop up the Bills as one of the best teams in the league, we were ranked in the top 3 in ESPN & NFL Power Rankings, Ryan Fitzpatrick was doing the media press tour appearing on talk shows every day, and we were on a roll going 5-2 up to that point. We had people claiming we had turned the corner, having beaten the Patriots at home already, and with Gailey being anointed as some genius coach. We smacked the Redskins around in Toronto, putting up a dominant defensive performance (with 9 or 10 sacks!) similar to what we did to the Raiders today.

Then we won a whopping 1 game from that point on...We lost 7 straight games and finished the season 6-10.

So even though there's a lot to be happy about, I know better than to be drawn in at this point. We also started 5-1 in 2008 and finished the year 7-9... Trent Edwards was getting tons of praise & also going on the media tour, while the national sports press hyped him up as the only successful QB of his draft class. They spoke too soon.

I hear you. Ive stopped getting my hopes up no matter how quickly the Bills come out if the gate. Win @Jets and at home vs. the Saints and Ill believe. Even the Bills would have a hard time throwing a 7-2 record down the toilet with 2 games vs. the Phins and one vs. the Colts left on the schedule.

I totally get the hesitation to crown them, but if you can't see the difference in this team, I don't know what to tell you.

I totally get the hesitation to crown them, but if you can't see the difference in this team, I don't know what to tell you.

Yep. Night and day from the way I felt about the 2011 team at this stage of their seasons.

Who watched the CBS post-game show with Phil Simms, Bill Cowher, Nate Burleson, and Boomer?

They just spent nearly 10 minutes praising the Bills.

They showed footage of McD giving the game ball to Logan Thomas in honor of the horrific week he has gone through with his daughter. The team rallied together saying "FAMILY".

Bill Cowher praised McD for this saying it's the right thing to do and it will further help get players on his side. Family comes before football and this will help build team continuity.

Boomer said the Bills are the best story in the league this year, or they might possibly be tied with the Rams for the best story.

Phil Simms and Boomer then started talking about the crowd in Buffalo and how it is nearly impossible to win there when it's all going well for the Bills. Boomer reminisced about the 1990s and how you couldn't win on the road in Buffalo.

After so many years of disrespect it was nice to see us really being praised for quite a while on a major network.

We're screwed.

Well, since barely any of these Bills were around in 2011, why compare this team to that one?

Why not the 1993 SB team?

I hear you. Ive stopped getting my hopes up no matter how quickly the Bills come out if the gate. Win @Jets and at home vs. the Saints and Ill believe. Even the Bills would have a hard time throwing a 7-2 record down the toilet with 2 games vs. the Phins and one vs. the Colts left on the schedule.

Looking at the teams left on the schedule is very encouraging. The Bills have gotten through the stretch that I thought would be really hard...and they're 5-2.

It's hard not to get my hopes up, but I'm trying my best. Just gonna enjoy each game.

Don't forget he has gone to the Pro Bowl. Which I know is a popularity contest and not a real measure of performance. And he went as a last minute substitute. But my point is that somewhere, somehow, somebody thinks he doesn't suck.

more of a battle of attrition for QB's. Who is healthy enough to play and had a decent year.

My concern is when Tyrod gets banged up. While I am sure Peterson is good prospect he is not ready to start and the alternates (Joe Webb & Logan Thomas) could do an option play or two but certainly cannot carry the team and Tyrod is certainly carrying the team although the defense and STs are factors. The offense is being tailored to his skill set and I do not think the Bills can retune it with limitations of NFLPA unless the players on their own do what they did in Stripes - practice on their own.

I'll tell you where I am.... 2014 was an enjoyable year because even though they didn't end the drought the Bills were prepared each game, played hard every week and were in pretty much every game.

Then came the horrible Rex Ryan era... and what we got was a sloppy, undisciplined, at times downright lazy football team.

I think this team has a very real playoff shot... but even if it doesn't make it this is a Bills team you can be proud to root for again.

My only gripe is that the Pegulas didn't see the error of their ways sooner and ditch Rex Ryan after year 1.