Mile High Sports: Bills OT Glenn could be traded to Broncos

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone who wonders why the broncos would trade for guy like Seantrel hasn't watched their RT situation.

Henderson hasnt shown that he is an improvement. In his best season he was probably equivalent to Watson and he didnt even look that good in the preseason.

The only tackles the Bills have worth trading for are a Glenn and Dawkins and they arent trading Dawkins. I sure hope they dont trade Glenn either but who knows.

Edited by vincec

Trading away Watkins, Darby and Dareus are one thing, but if the Bills get rid of Glenn when it's obvious his presence is massive when he's out there on the field, is another.

Unless the Bills are getting a boat load of picks, Glenn goes nowhere.

I have been completely supportive of McD/Beane, everything that I had read about them as they were hired gave me a lot of confidence that they had the sort of organizational makeup and proven experience and success to help the Bills get back into the playoff picture again. When they traded Sammy, it made a lot of sense to me for a number of reasons and I've been supportive of all their other moves as well. However, if they trade Glenn and they don't get back at least a first and some change or a 2nd and a quality player along with it then this would be one move that I'd question. I'd still support the regime, my confidence in them wouldn't erode because I believe they know what they are doing but I'd still question it.

Cordy Glenn is showing himself to be a quality LT and those guys don't come cheap. I'd rather we keep him and keep this good thing called the run game continuing to roll along. This offense would immediately become worse without him on the team. I hope we keep him.

OT depth. Still think its Seantrel for a RB or late pick.

@allbrightnfl

Team to keep an eye on tomorrow for trade deadline: Buffalo. They have multiple suitors after their OT depth.

This made me hopeful that is could be Mills OR Henderson.

If it is Glenn, anything less than a first and a player at a position of need, would be hard to understand immediately.

Just can't see the Bills moving Glenn -- who finally appears to be healthy and playing at a high level -- unless a 1st rounder is in the mix.

Much more likely they move Mills (playing well but Dawkins can move to RT) or Henderson, in my opinion.

I'm just not getting the logic of why a 5-2 team in a great position to land a playoff spot and possibly in the hunt for a division title would trade their starting left tackle and weaken the offensive line. Unless you get a player(s) back that can improve some other deficiency how will that help for 2017? Draft picks next year? No thanks.

Glenn looks to be healthy now, playing well, the team has good depth for once at the position, and the offensive line is starting to gel with the new blocking schemes and line combinations. We have a good LT and they're not that easy to find and develop. When you strike gold, stop digging. Glenn at LT, Dawkins at RT.

The Bills should ask for their #1 and Thomas too.

Let's do it... They are not going to the playoffs anyway so why waste their talent when we could use it to knock off the Patriots... Everyone should help and want to see us knock of the Pats lol

I have been completely supportive of McD/Beane, everything that I had read about them as they were hired gave me a lot of confidence that they had the sort of organizational makeup and proven experience and success to help the Bills get back into the playoff picture again. When they traded Sammy, it made a lot of sense to me for a number of reasons and I've been supportive of all their other moves as well. However, if they trade Glenn and they don't get back at least a first and some change or a 2nd and a quality player along with it then this would be one move that I'd question. I'd still support the regime, my confidence in them wouldn't erode because I believe they know what they are doing but I'd still question it.

Cordy Glenn is showing himself to be a quality LT and those guys don't come cheap. I'd rather we keep him and keep this good thing called the run game continuing to roll along. This offense would immediately become worse without him on the team. I hope we keep him.

The line has played much better when Glenn is on the field. He needs to stay

9m isn't near 10m?

The only way I trade Glenn is if I felt his feet/ankle whatever were going to be a problem for the rest of his career. If the dude is going to miss a lot of games every year then he isn't worth having. Especially when other people were pretty adequate filling in. Even Kujowhateverhisnameis played well in his absence and that kid was looking to be a total bust.

If that is the case, why would other teams throw in 1st round pick as compensation like others are claiming. Damaged goods is damaged goods across the league.

glenn is to good to trade for a late rounder....Dareus...that was a good move...glenn is not a problem...except for the injury stuff. Started last two games and did great. I would part with SH for whatever they might give.......even a late round pick. SH will be out a year next infraction, who would want to risk the disruption of losing a starting tackle midseason to a pot suspension.

Edited by bigK14094

Same guy was tweeting last night about Bills trading Henderson to Broncos as well so take with a grain of salt

actually Allbright has always indicated it was for OL depth and never indicated it was Glenn. When asked about his report last week, he replied on Twitter that he wasnt referring to Glenn.

The thread title is misleading

Edited by YoloinOhio

Same guy was tweeting last night about Bills trading Henderson to Broncos as well so take with a grain of salt

He never tweeted about Glenn being traded. Walter Football picked up on his tweet about Denver inquiring about OT with the Bills and wrote a story about it being Glenn.

This would really be a huge mistake i believe & if this was to happen I'm not sure i would be a fan of what this FO is doing !!

LT is one of the most important positions on offense & you can see the difference in the run game when Cordy is healthy so why would you be that foolish to give away one of your elite players !

Sure Dawkins is good but you need some veteran players & this is one of the cornerstones of the team if they can't see that they would be fools !

But hey they are employed by the Bills !!

I hope it doesn't happen !!!

Henderson for Booker would be awesome. Two talented players buried on depth chart switching teams would best best for both players and both teams. They could both use the playing time and both teams might as well get something out of a player who isn't playing anyway

I've been on board with every trade so far. Trading Cordy would be dumb. He is getting better as he is getting healthier. The chemistry of the team right now with cutting Dareus loose seems to have peaked. I understand McBeane is all about creating more cap space to really start building, but trading Cordy is not the answer right now.

Henderson for Booker would be awesome. Two talented players buried on depth chart switching teams would best best for both players and both teams. They could both use the playing time and both teams might as well get something out of a player who isn't playing anyway

This I would be on board with. I think Hende, whether to DEN or PHI, will be traded before the deadline.

Henderson hasnt shown that he is an improvement. In his best season he was probably equivalent to Watson and he didnt even look that good in the preseason.

The only tackles the Bills have worth trading for are a Glenn and Dawkins and they arent trading Dawkins. I sure hope they dont trade Glenn either but who knows.

Henderson hasn't played (except for 1 game, and a bit in preseason) since 2015. I think that might be the real concern (coupled with the Crohn's). Back when he was playing he looked pretty good, as a swing player, IMO. I wouldn't make too much of his preseason performance, as he was coming off a long illness/period of activity.

if they were able to get anything for Henderson i would be happy. a 7th round pick with a debilitating disease that doesn't play, sure why not

As in the other moves, I think where he was picked in the draft is irrelevant.

If they only get a 7th, for a guy who gives them versatile depth on the bench, I'm not for it. If they have no plans to play Henderson, no matter what, then sure, take the 7th.

That would be awesome but will never happen. Broncos are high on Booker and see him as the future of their run game.

Look how well the Browns are doing getting all these draft picks...

And look at how well the Bills rookies are doing this year.

Sorry but this staff has brought in some damn good players and they are playing as a team.

Right now they are winning all the off season trades they made. Watkins hasn't been elite for the Rams but Gains has been fantastic for the Bills.

Darby is injured and Mathews has been great.

Marcel wasn't putting out an effort and is one off field issue from being out of the league. Now he's jackassvills problem.

The bills are 5-2 without Darby, without Watkins and without Marcel. The difference is a culture change from the top down.

He makes 12 million so "it makes sense to move on from him" Why? Are we supposed to get top notch play for under market value because we are cheapskates from Buffalo? How has that worked out over the last 60 years?

He is a solid tackle whose contract actually declines year over year going forward. Why thin out a position of strength by trading your best player at the position. You trade your worst.

Henderson is talented? How would anyone know, hasn't played in basically 2 seasons and wasn't so great before.

Henderson is talented? How would anyone know, hasn't played in basically 2 seasons and wasn't so great before.

Just cause your talented doesn't mean they are good. He has the talent. But off the field problems have really delayed his progress and make him an unknown. But you can't deny the talent and potential is not there