Mile High Sports: Bills OT Glenn could be traded to Broncos

Interesting development, also some speculation on other teams that would make sense to trade with the Bills:

http://walterfootball.com/nflpossibilities.php

Bills OT Cordy Glenn could be traded to Broncos - Benjamin Albright, Mile High Sports
To be clear, Benjamin Albright didn't exactly say it would be Cordy Glenn, citing that the Broncos were attempting to trade for a tackle from Buffalo. That could only really be Glenn though, as the new coaching staff has expressed frustration with him. Rookie Dion Dawkins has done a solid job at left tackle, so it makes sense for the Bills to move on from Glenn, who is making $12 million per year.

If Glenn is really on the trading block, Denver would make a ton of sense for him. Acquiring Glenn would allow Menelik Watson to go to the bench, where he belongs. Still, if these rumors are true, it made me wonder who else could trade for Glenn. Some teams that could trade for Glenn include:
Read more at http://walterfootball.com/nflpossibilities.php#WrSk7vlm57izE6UH.99

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills would ask for too much in return. I doubt this will happen

CBF

It depends on what the definition of too much is though.

A 1st round pick? Obviously not happening.

A RB or WR + mid round pick, that seems more than feasible to me for a solid (albeit not elite) LT.

Glenn isn't even mentioned. Doubt this very much. Given the expected return the Bills would want, the cap hit, and the contract a team would have to take on it doesn't add up.

There isn't another tackle on our team worth trading for. They don't give two craps about a cap hit that is off the books in a year.

It depends on what the definition of too much is though.

A 1st round pick? Obviously not happening.

A RB or WR + mid round pick, that seems more than feasible to me for a solid (albeit not elite) LT.

You have no idea of the value of things

Our OL being shaky is the single biggest problem we have going on right now......not RB....not WR.....NOT QB

Glenn manning that LT spot and Dawkins at RT solidifies that OL

Our OL being shaky is the single biggest problem we have going on right now......not RB....not WR.....NOT QB

Exactly.

Trading the team's best OT makes no sense to me from either a player personnel or financial perspective.

@spotrac

Trading OT Cordy Glenn would leave behind approx. $8.9M in dead cap to the #Bills in 2017, & another $9.6M in 2018.

There isn't another tackle on our team worth trading for. They don't give two craps about a cap hit that is off the books in a year.

I'm betting they do.

That would sure be the best way to go, IMO. If not, they'd better get good value for him...

They need to replace a putrid RT in menelik Watson. They could trade for Seantrel for all we know. 7th rd pick and/or a ST player probably in return.

I was thinking that, too. Knowing the Bills aren't likely enamored with Seantrell's history, the Broncos could offer a #7 for him. #7's are all but worthless.