Micah Hyde is our best defensive player so far

I think most fans knew who he was and were happy we signed him in FA. And Poyer made more highlight plays and Tre White got a lot of well deserved pub, too. But Hyde has been tremendous against the pass and run. And his obvious highlight plays will be discussed a lot. But he makes a lot of other plays as well.

We have yet to give up one bomb in four games. He made two tackles on long runs that were hard tackles in the open field that are touchdowns if he misses them. He doesn't see to miss assignments or tackles. They put him back to be a reliable PR returner. He's been lights out, even with other defensive backs being lights out. And he's probably been the best overall player on defense. Many have played well.

I think most fans knew who he was and were happy we signed him in FA. And Poyer made more highlight plays and Tre White got a lot of well deserved pub, too. But Hyde has been tremendous against the pass and run. And his obvious highlight plays will be discussed a lot. But he makes a lot of other plays as well.

We have yet to give up one bomb in four games. He made two tackles on long runs that were hard tackles in the open field that are touchdowns if he misses them. He doesn't see to miss assignments or tackles. They put him back to be a reliable PR returner. He's been lights out, even with other defensive backs being lights out. And he's probably been the best overall player on defense. Many have played well.

Not to take anything away from him, but I just can't definitively say he's the best defender so far. I don't have an issue with someone saying its him because I think there are 3 guys who each have a legit case for that. Poyer, White, and Hyde all have a legit case. The exciting thing is that coming into the season the secondary had the most question marks on D. I loved the signing and he has definitely exceeded even my positive expectations.

Not to take anything away from him, but I just can't definitively say he's the best defender so far. I don't have an issue with someone saying its him because I think there are 3 guys who each have a legit case for that. Poyer, White, and Hyde all have a legit case. The exciting thing is that coming into the season the secondary had the most question marks on D. I loved the signing and he has definitely exceeded even my positive expectations.

I agree with that. White and Poyer have both been terrific. White made a play today that few rookies ever make. He jumped the pass when it came toward him, went for the pass defense with one hand, missed it, but used his other hand to tackle the receiver who made the short reception and the guy went no right down. That was tremendous.

But little plays Hyde makes haven't been given enough play. He's such a sure tackler.

I agree with that. White and Poyer have both been terrific. White made a play today that few rookies ever make. He jumped the pass when it came toward him, went for the pass defense with one hand, missed it, but used his other hand to tackle the receiver who made the short reception and the guy went no right down. That was tremendous.

But little plays Hyde makes haven't been given enough play. He's such a sure tackler.

You very rarely see Hyde unless he is making the play because teams DONT TARGET HIM

He is a ball hawk and teams respect him

he definitely had himself a game today. i have been impressed with this defensive backfield as a whole this season, but i think he is the leader of the pack, so to speak. i am definitely happy with this signing. and it makes me feel good that he is a guy they identified, went after, and signed.

jairus byrd 2.0

he's an outstanding ball hawk

pover outplayed him in first 3 games

happy to have him.....he's NOT our best defensive player and probably never will be.

Poyer appeared to outplay him because he was targeted a lot more and got more chances to make plays.

Hard to look good when the play doesn't go your way... Hyde is all around by far our best safety

If you think he has only been a ball hawk you just haven't been watching.

Made a shoe string tackle to prevent a long TD run too.

He's good.

As high profile as he was at the end of the season for Green Bay as they went on a tear to defy the odds and make the playoffs yet again...... it was kind of a surprise he wasn't a hotter commodity in FA.

He brings a much needed winning attitude to this team, which desperately needed it.

if that was his greatest contribution, that would have made me happy, but he is a LOT better than I gave him credit for.

Let's hope he keeps it up.

Wait a minute. What about all the guys that "know what they are looking at", Dareus is the beast in this D.

He's good.

As high profile as he was at the end of the season for Green Bay as they went on a tear to defy the odds and make the playoffs yet again...... it was kind of a surprise he wasn't a hotter commodity in FA.

Agreed. I really think his versatility hurt him. Green Bay would move him everywhere to cover injuries. Corner, Safety, Nickel, Dime.... he played them all. Think some teams pigeon holed him as a jack of all trades and master of none.

Always been a fan and not surprised he is excelling.

He's good.

Their loss our gain.