McDermott's clapping really ticks me off

So again if his demeanor and personality are sincere and that clapping is something he believes it helps and encourages and motivates his guys then really what's the problem?

Do you know anyone that sincerely claps after a failure and is still generally successful? I can't buy it as a genuine move. It's a pick me up tactic that I think the players would get annoyed with. Just my two cents

I think after reading this post... the OPs name is absolutely accurate.

i will say Tolbert had a catch on the sideline got like 2 yards and pushed out of bounds on 3rd down and McDermott clapped for the play to the point i think he almost forgot that was no longer his defense.

OP... you sir are paying attentipn to all the wrong things... keep it up sir

I have an issue with McDumbass calling a timeout with 19 seconds left in the first half. Then proceeding to calling a running play and trying to get his best offensive player hurt. His game management was god awful today. No excuse for being a rookie head coach. He's been around the game for years.

Oh yeah and the maniacal clapping after negative plays makes me want to slap him in the face.

Edited by WildBills

I have an issue with McDumbass calling a timeout with 19 seconds left in the first half. Then proceeding to calling a running play and trying to get his best offensive player hurt. His game management was god awful today. No excuse for being a rookie head coach. He's been around the game for years.

Oh yeah and the maniacal clapping after negative plays makes me want to slap him in the face.

Not ready to call him "McDumbass" just yet (I'll reserve that for whoever decided Tolbert was an adequate backup, or whoever pulled the trigger on the Watkins trade), but not calling a timeout on that last drive, and the handling of the timeclock at the end of the first half (as you mention) are concerning. How is it that so many NFL head-coaches have such obvious difficulty managing the clock in these situations? It is maddening.

Do you like his sideline mannerisms?

I appreciate his intensity and it seems sincere, but I cannot get over when he claps adamantly when there is a 3 and out, a defensive collapse or even something positive. It is the same robotic motion every time.

This thread is ridiculous, I know. But it really pisses me off to see how eager he is to greet his players to the sideline when the just blew a big opportunity.

It's up there with:

Marrones blank stare

Todd Bowles **** eating grin

Carrols gum smacking confusion

Looks like he might have cracked my top three...

The nerve! I even saw him trying to engage with each player as they ran off the field - what is the thinking!?

Re, the bolded, ya think??

Bwaaaaa haaaaaa haaaaaaaa - I'm sure that would go well for you. :beer:

McD called that play?

I didn't catch it this week but was he doing that breathing thing he's always doing?

Sigh. Yup.

Do you know anyone that sincerely claps after a failure and is still generally successful? I can't buy it as a genuine move. It's a pick me up tactic that I think the players would get annoyed with. Just my two cents

Holy Crap! Yes, many a time. In sales, you must recognize a solid effort after losing a major deal, by praising the team for their effort; especially against tough competition. He is building a team. Praise in public, criticize in private. It works.

I appreciate his intensity and it seems sincere, but I cannot get over when he claps adamantly when there is a 3 and out, a defensive collapse or even something positive. It is the same robotic motion every time.

This thread is ridiculous, I know. But it really pisses me off to see how eager he is to greet his players to the sideline when the just blew a big opportunity.

It's up there with:

Marrones blank stare

GET OFF MY LAWN

McD called that play?

Sigh. Yup.

It is my understanding that head coaches ok the play call before going ahead with it.

The nerve! I even saw him trying to engage with each player as they ran off the field - what is the thinking!?

Re, the bolded, ya think??

Bwaaaaa haaaaaa haaaaaaaa - I'm sure that would go well for you. :beer:

I'm a big man but I'm sure he would take me down and give me a noogie after that.

Cultivating a "Mr. Positive" persona is wonderful. I love it!

Only the best coaches can do it, ya know. It shows that they love each and every player, and translates to great team spirit!

What could go wrong with such positive leadership?

He CAN'T fail! He is just so positive!

Anybody that questions his super duper positivity is just a loser. A super loser.

And the players really respect it. They do!

They think "wow, Coach Mickey D is just so positive that I gonna do my very, very best for him. It's like the pep rally's from high school."

I've started clapping for my daughter as she approaches the car when I pick her up from school.

When my wife burns my steak, I give her a round of applause!

The postman rings twice, and I hug him as I leave for work.

I recommend you do the same. Let's start giving positive vibes wherever we go.

You think it doesn't matter, but if you clap for the bus driver when he opens the door, and clap when he gets your stop right...well, every little bit of encouragement helps.

It's called LEADERSHIP!

Say it again, like you mean it!

This is all just part of the process of building a winner! Give this guy a few years, and he'll make the playoffs as a wildcard, then we'll all be Talkin' Proud!

Edited by OJABBA

True. It is my opinion.

Maybe it's my experience in my profession where awarding effort and not results leads to an overinflated sense of success that leads to complacency? Who knows. I am cherry picking here, I realize that. But sideline demeanor is something that jumps out at me on screen and I can't ignore it

and your profession is what? Does it have anything close to resembling a team sport?

It's up there with:

Marrones blank stare

Some things are better kept to yourself.

It still pisses me off that Pete Carrol smacks his gum and yells at refs at phantom penalties that he thinks should be made. It's an aspect of the game I noticed. Does it have an impact on the out come of the game? Probably not. Does it say something about his personality and demeanor? Absolutely. Since we are so focused on building a culture, I think sideline actions and behavior to be equally important. If you want to beat a dead horse about TT or lack of positional strength, look at another thread.

so u would rather complain about a guy trying to motivate his team and remain positive so the team doesnt get all down on them themselves. Maybe he should just yell at the players and tell them they suck

It's up there with:

Marrones blank stare

LMFAO! I had the same reaction during the gamer as well. It's like he alligator arm claps or something like that. Holds his arms as close to his chest as possible before beating his hands together after every single play.

It's up there with:

Marrones blank stare

As opposed to:

Greggle's confused looks

Mularkey's clueless expressions

Jauron's emotionless stare

Ryan's arrogant smirk

This is a dumb thread by someone looking to complain about something.