McDermott's clapping really ticks me off

lol no...Wade Phillips was awful. Had a great team and couldn't win a playoff game with it.

For one to say that, one would have to be young, dumb, both or just dumb.

But I'm not talking about you. Really.

Wade Phillips has never been a good head coach. The teams he's coached have always had personnel and discipline issues.

I do think, however, that he is the greatest DC to ever coach a defense.

4cPt7gc.gif

wtqhzbdrsorxl7ofkykg.gif

Wade Phillips has never been a good head coach. The teams he's coached have always had personnel and discipline issues.

I agree with your DC comment.

But I will also say that most of the best teams in NFL history had personnel and discipline issues.

Wade's problems were an inept owner and Doug Flutie.

Phillips did the worst with a talented roster than any Bills' coach ever. He was a disaster. And I'm 54, Gomer. Former collegiate player, too. I know good coaching when I see it. And I know bad coaching when it stinks up the joint. Phillips is just one more bad Bills HC. I'd take half our awful head coaches over him.

For one to have seen otherwise, one would have to be a moron with no football IQ at all.

But of course, I don't mean YOU.

Do you like his sideline mannerisms?

I appreciate his intensity and it seems sincere, but I cannot get over when he claps adamantly when there is a 3 and out, a defensive collapse or even something positive. It is the same robotic motion every time.

This thread is ridiculous, I know. But it really pisses me off to see how eager he is to greet his players to the sideline when the just blew a big opportunity.

It's up there with:

Marrones blank stare

Todd Bowles **** eating grin

Carrols gum smacking confusion

Looks like he might have cracked my top three...

His clapping doesn't bother me at all but I won't harp on you for seeing it differently, just curious what do you think would be the correct way to handle it? I just recall the Dick Juron years where he had the same blank expression for everything and I'd yell at the screen and tell him to do something, anything... That guy was brutal.

Woah, man some people take this way too seriously. My point was it is annoying as a fan to watch the leader of the team applauding as our offensive, yet again, trots off the field after a 3 and out.

As many suggest, it is his idea of leadership. But I'd rather see a balance of positivity with also some fire.

If McDermott isn't going to be the fire under the offenses rear end, who is the rah rah leader? You need that when things are stagnant IMO

Btw to those who found the clapping gifs...epic!

Edited by EmotionallyUnstable

Woah, man some people take this way too seriously. My point was it is annoying as a fan to watch the leader of the team applauding as our offensive, yet again, trots off the field after a 3 and out.

As many suggest, it is his idea of leadership. But I'd rather see a balance of positivity with also some fire.

If McDermott isn't going to be the fire under the offenses rear end, who is the rah rah leader? You need that when things are stagnant IMO

Btw to those who found the clapping gifs...epic!

Seems like you're saying that ALL he was doing was clapping - you could clearly see him talking to, even yelling at, players as they came off the field. He was talking with other coaches too, from what I saw.

Everyone's got their style, the players say they love him, so parsing his actions on a message board seems a little funny to me...

wtqhzbdrsorxl7ofkykg.gif

Wade's biggest talent was his Dad ran Earl Campbell every play until Earl had to get around in a golf cart.

Do you like his sideline mannerisms?

I appreciate his intensity and it seems sincere, but I cannot get over when he claps adamantly when there is a 3 and out, a defensive collapse or even something positive. It is the same robotic motion every time.

This thread is ridiculous, I know. But it really pisses me off to see how eager he is to greet his players to the sideline when the just blew a big opportunity.

It's up there with:

Marrones blank stare

Todd Bowles **** eating grin

Carrols gum smacking confusion

Looks like he might have cracked my top three...

WAY better than dead dick jauron.

What makes it funnier is that he used to be "AlwaysBillieve."

17 years will weigh on a man. Doesn't change my belief that one day we will return to glory! Just hopefully with less unwarranted clapping...

WAY better than dead dick jauron.

But, is their offense?

Edited by EmotionallyUnstable