McDermott's clapping really ticks me off

Everyone's happy with the win, for the most part, but most people don't realize his clapping almost lost it. There were two plays in the fourth quarter, one of which was the Hyde interception where his clapping could have made it a catch. And then the whole game is different. Sure, we won, so I admit the clapping didn't cost us a win. But it would have been a little easier without those UCE's. Those unforced clap errors can kill you as bad as turnovers.

A great response to one of the most ridiculous posts ever on this board!

Do you like his sideline mannerisms?

I appreciate his intensity and it seems sincere, but I cannot get over when he claps adamantly when there is a 3 and out, a defensive collapse or even something positive. It is the same robotic motion every time.

This thread is ridiculous, I know. But it really pisses me off to see how eager he is to greet his players to the sideline when the just blew a big opportunity.

It's up there with:

Marrones blank stare

Todd Bowles **** eating grin

Carrols gum smacking confusion

Looks like he might have cracked my top three...

I agree. He should pout and sulk with his hands buried in his face. Then fall to the ground kicking and screaming...

• 3 weeks later...

I never really noticed his clapping too much over the past weeks, but today i really noticed it.

Good call on the field?...........MCD is clapping.

Bad call on the field?............MCD is clapping

The dude is clapping up a storm on the sidelines.

Still have no idea why this is even a topic of discussion. If we win, I don't care if he's doing the leap frog with his players. The guy knows how to motivate his players and clapping in every type of situation clearly is a part of that.

Lighten up dude.

It's a topic because the coach has a nervous habit of clapping, and it's funny. It's kinda becoming his trademark.

I really don't think anyone cares, as long as the team is doing well.

• 2 weeks later...

For everyone who thought this thread was ridiculous, 15 pages ago...maybe you get what the OP was talking about now.

The "annoying clapping" is a metaphor for a lot of things going on with McD.

Him telling Schopp and the Bulldog on Monday "I'm not ready to name a starting QB; we have to go back and evaluate the film from Sunday, talk to the coaching staff, and think about what's the best move for the team" is an extension of his hand clapping.

The dude has the thousand yard stare and isn't fully in control of his own mind; he's kind of a zealot. 

He is kind of living in his own little world filled with his own "isms"...

Somewhere in there it makes sense to evaluate the QB situation and who knows, maybe conclude that Peterman should get another shot.  It's not like he had a historically bad day or anything. :o

[Clapping hands as he walks away from the keyboard]

• Like (+1) 1

As I posted 10 days ago -  More clapping.   We were competitive when he was always clapping.  Whoever suggested this should be put in the penalty box until we win 2 more games! 

On 11/12/2017 at 10:37 PM, Scott7975 said:

He hasn't been clapping all that much the last two weeks. Maybe that's why we look like the worst team in the league all of a sudden. 

3  - I have been keeping count 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...