McDermott's clapping really ticks me off

This is why we can't have nice things.

No.......that's because of the owner(s).

Saban, Knox, Wade and Mularkey all quit or demanded to be fired................Marrone and Rex likewise............NOBODY.....circles the want ads.......like a Bills head coach.

You are paid $2 million a year to do a job only 31 other people in the world do.

Your team makes a valiant defensive stand.

You choose to stare ahead stoically rather than try to lift the spirits of the team you are leading. Better yet, pout because you're losing.

Is this really preferable to a coach who actually tries to use those few seconds of face time with his players to lift their spirits? Is it really better to not even try because ignorant but frustrated spectators might misunderstand what the energetic coach is doing? Get a grip.

You are paid $2 million a year to do a job only 31 other people in the world do.

You choose to stare ahead stoically rather than try to lift the spirits of the team you are leading. Better yet, pout because you're losing.

Is this really preferable to a coach who actually tries to use those few seconds of face time with his players to lift their spirits? Is it really better to not even try because ignorant but frustrated spectators might misunderstand what the energetic coach is doing? Get a grip.

There is a time and place to be energetic and a ra ra type. I'm not saying McDermott isn't a good coach, that is still up in the air, he very well can turn this club around. Just wish he was more of a punisher when it matters, he seems like he wants to be your best friend all the time.

Our new coach has a winning attitude. Remember he is not just changing the losing culture of the Buffalo Bills, but their fans too. I love his cheerleading and clapping style. It shows his troops he is behind them thru thick and thin. Notjhing wrong with it. Maybe the fans at the game should try encouraging the team when things go wrong instead of pouting. Start clapping !!!

Go McDermott

I'm down with this post.

There is a time and place to be energetic and a ra ra type. I'm not saying McDermott isn't a good coach, that is still up in the air, he very well can turn this club around. Just wish he was more of a punisher when it matters, he seems like he wants to be your best friend all the time.

How much time have you actually spent with him, that you know this?

Kinda curious; how many people report to you in your company, and are they at will or on a contract with your employer?

Next, what defines success in your position, and what methods have you put to work to motivate your team to reach these milestones of success?

So your into S&M with your coaches

Our new coach has a winning attitude. Remember he is not just changing the losing culture of the Buffalo Bills, but their fans too. I love his cheerleading and clapping style. It shows his troops he is behind them thru thick and thin. Notjhing wrong with it. Maybe the fans at the game should try encouraging the team when things go wrong instead of pouting. Start clapping !!!

Go McDermott

Yes!

A round of applause after bad plays would be a nice start. We can work up to some standing ovations after losses.

Then these Bills should be ready for the playoffs.

Edited by OJABBA

Yeah, I don't see that. I mean, he literally sent Dareus home for breaking team rules in the pre-season.

Kinda curious; how many people report to you in your company, and are they at will or on a contract with your employer?

Next, what defines success in your position, and what methods have you put to work to motivate your team to reach these milestones of success?

8 people report to me in our department, and we are at will. Success is defined as maximized production and hitting weekly production rate quotas. Methods I use are a stacked employee rating system, I keep 1-3s and 4 and 5s not so much. People who reach our team goals get stock options and RSUs and possible merit raises. If 4s and 5s don't listen to my constructive criticism, I look for replacements.

8 people report to me in our department, and we are at will. Success is defined as maximized production and hitting weekly production rate quotas. Methods I use are a stacked employee rating system, I keep 1-3s and 4 and 5s not so much. People who reach our team goals get stock options and RSUs and possible merit raises. If 4s and 5s don't listen to my constructive criticism, I look for replacements.

If your turnover rate is low, I bet you pay really, really well.

Aah. You like the hoodie!

Yes, I prefer my coaches like the hoodie, with a dash of emotion when the times are appropriate.

If your turnover rate is low, I bet you pay really, really well.

We do, we reward high achieving individuals, our discipline/reward system is top notch. If the same high achieving individuals all of a sudden get to comfortable and start underachieving, I take away some of their rewards, if they don't like it I give the 2s their spot.

Edited by 100DollarBills

Yes, I prefer my coaches like the hoodie, with a dash of emotion when the times are appropriate.

We do, we reward high achieving individuals, our discipline/reward system is top notch. If the same high achieving individuals all of a sudden get to comfortable and start underachieving, I take away some of their rewards, if they don't like it I give the 2s their spot.

Is this a riddle? I'm gonna guess .... elementary school teacher!

How long have you been in charge of the department, and relative to that, how long have each of the eight people under you been under your management?

How long have you been in charge of the department, and relative to that, how long have each of the eight people under you been under your management?

10 years, 4 of my key guys have been here 8 yrs, 1 has been here 5, and the other 3 around 2, the last 3 are relatively new because other members weren't cooperating.

That covets anything from the director of Lockheed's Skunk Works to a shift supervisor at the local McDonalds.

Manufacturing, that's all I'm saying.