Bills' Roster Cuts to the 53 Man Limit

26CornerBlitz

post-17182-0-83087200-1504367980.jpg

Rational is keeping your 3rd or 4th best WR when he is a young, cheap player.

But in a normal WR corps this cut would be no big deal and it would hardly be a surprise to see him end up on a PS rather than someone else's roster.

It's just that he Bills WR corps is old and slow......among the league's worst.......and guys like Philly Brown or Streator have no future beyond this year.......at some point you have to START building a roster with some players that might be around to help save your HC job in 2018.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yates over Wenning? Not sure I agree with that. Kid had like two days to practice and looked better than Yates who had all camp.

......YIKES Yates......so then it could be TT and Yates with Peterman being waived, gambling on PS?........hmmmm.....was thinking TT and Peterman, Yates odd man out and gamble with Wenning as a PS signing.....

But in a normal WR corps this cut would be no big deal and it would hardly be a surprise to see him end up on a PS rather than someone else's roster.

It's just that he Bills WR corps is old and slow......among the league's worst.......and guys like Philly Brown or Streator have no future beyond this year.......at some point you have to START building a roster with some players that might be around to help save your HC job in 2018.

I'd be curious to see how our roster stacks up in average age once all plays out-- we really let a lot of youth out the door which is backwards for what appears to be the plan from an outside perspective

Philly Brown had some solid blocking against Detroit, might be a reason he stayed. Holmes has solid ST ability.

I'm not a Philly Brown fan, but McD knows what he brings to the table in real games, same with Tolbert. They will always have an advantage over any pre-season flashes, especially in Year 1 of a coaching regime.

......YIKES Yates......so then it could be TT and Yates with Peterman being waived, gambling on PS?........hmmmm.....was thinking TT and Peterman, Yates odd man out and gamble with Wenning as a PS signing.....

there's going to be many more moves...players will be claimed and others released 53 man roster won't be set for a few days. Yates could still be released

there's going to be many more moves...players will be claimed and others released 53 man roster won't be set for a few days. Yates could still be released

...I know bud, but agonizing about Yates and Vlad STILL hanging around is increasing my Bourbon consumption....

He shouldn't be too comfortable yet. I expect several players like him to be gone tomorrow.

Davis can actually play- unlike Holmes and Ducasse. Not to mention the versatility and depth. Solid against run, and has a few sacks this preseason

Davis in.

@bigdavis813

On a mission, they jus confirmed what I already knew... 1f624.png#BillsMafia @ New Era Field https://www.instagram.com/p/BYi3zdAjC8K/

Good! He's a great depth pick who had 10 sacks over the course of 2014/15 before an off-season with Dallas, and looked solid in pre-season from what I watched. And I suspect we don't have to release 3 players to get the comp pick. That logic is going off of a construct that has Justin Hunter as the last person to not count and EJ Manuel also close but not counting. There's a decent chance both qualify (unless Hunter, as is quite possible, is released today) as even the people at Sportrac and other similar endeavors will tell you it's an inexact science, especially when you get down to the 7th rounders, plus supposedly their play during the season can have an effect.

Edited by thurst44

Correct Badol. I am no natural bandwaggon jumper when it comes to camo stara and pre-season heroes. If we still had Watkins, Woods, Hogan and Harvin as we did when say Deonte Thompson was waived a couple of years back then you understand it. He has bounced off the Bears PS and roster since and that is probably his level - bottom end of roster guy. That might be Reilly's too but you are not giving up a true NFL talent to find out.... you are just giving up a Philly Brown or an Andre Holmes.

In that context this is a bad, bad move.

I'm not a Philly Brown fan, but McD knows what he brings to the table in real games, same with Tolbert. They will always have an advantage over any pre-season flashes, especially in Year 1 of a coaching regime.

kind of surprised that so many don't understand this. I liked Reilly a lot too from what we saw, and I would have not been totally shocked to see him make the 53. but he was always a PS type.

What's Eric Striker up to these days?

coaching

kind of surprised that so many don't understand this. I liked Reilly a lot too from what we saw, and I would have not been totally shocked to see him make the 53. but he was always a PS type.

coaching

Folks get attached to that sort of player. Easy to root for.

Now for the hard one: Ducasse. Explain.

Well you said Make the Bills pay so only way to do that is in the head to head games. So again?

Still reaching. Making us pay goes beyond one game against us. You're probably smart enough to know that but you're grasping at whatever you can at the moment.