Bills' Roster Cuts to the 53 Man Limit

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure he

Philly Brown is going to have a spot on this team based on nothing logical. The guy has done nothing here or in his entire career. Reilly deserved a spot on the team. Should have been

Zay

Mathews

Holmes

Reilly

Tate or brown

I want to give these guys a shot here but I'm really not liking what they are doing with the roster so far. Hope in wrong

WR's in a WCO are usually bigger, not fast, good hands, can run really good routes. So far everyone on that list fits the description

So the Mantra should be you have to earn it unless

You are a former Panther

A UFA signing

A Pet Pro

First, this team was never making the playoffs. Second you are bitching about backups. Third, and this is the most simple, you can always root for someone else. We know it won't be the Panthers.

first, who would you say "earned" a spot over Tolbert? Second, and more important, he's a voice and leader in the locker room that the coach needs, especially in his first year--it has significant value. Even without the latter, Tolbert should make the team. Ducasse and Holmes, on the other hand...

Ha ha ok Banyard out played him. But Tolbert makes the team he plays the former Panther Card

This is really sad. Its been explained to you many many times and you still sit around with fingers in you ears. Tolbert played well when given reps. Tolbert is a leader in thr locker room and is on the chesp. Hes earned his spot on the roster if he receives one.

From the little I've seen in pre-season, I haven't seen Tolbert move an opposing player until he gets past the line of scrimmage. Which tells me he isn't a great option for short yardage. He doesn't really seem to keep his legs churning, he just weighs a bit more, so he's decent for blocking, or running through a second level defender. JWill might be better suited for short yardage, if he can squeeze through a gap in the line, AND keep his legs moving upon contact.

Edited by Dorkington

This is really sad. Its been explained to you many many times and you still sit around with fingers in you ears. Tolbert played well when given reps. Tolbert is a leader in thr locker room and is on the chesp. Hes earned his spot on the roster if he receives one.

"He's earned his spot on the roster, if he receives one"

Another blind McBean follower.

Wouldn't it be, he earned/deserves a spot or he hasn't? Not he has earned a spot but McBean don't give him one so it's okay?

Tolbert won't get enough carries to wear out defenses. Nothing about his play on the field stands out to me. Must be a helluva locker room guy. Rah Rah

or maybe he's good at pass protection, which McCoy isn't. Familiarity is a big thing in the NFL, you work with people you can trust and maybe on top of being a good NFL player, Tobert is just that, a guy McDermott trusts.

He, and others, are bitching about backups. They are now crusading and trolling their opinion over BACKUPS repeatedly. The wailing over Riley is as bad as when Watkins got traded.

This is the biggest issue with Bills fans. They cling to feel good stories and ignore these guys are backups at best. Thank God Beane is here and will clean out the feel good, and start putting real talent on the team over time.

Tolbert's a great change-of-pace/goal line/short yardage back. He's been bowling over defenders all pre-season. Fun to watch. Easily the 2nd/3rd RB.

As far as "running teams" go, the Bills are the cream of the crop...mostly by necessity (can't air it out). A guy like Tolbert is very useful here.

Exactly! That's what they got Tolbert for (to drive it through on 3rd and short), and he's done nothing in the pre-season to lose that job.

Holmes and Ducasse I'd be fine with being cut, between comp pick possibilities and not showing much in pre-season/camp.

He, and others, are bitching about backups. They are now crusading and trolling their opinion over BACKUPS repeatedly. The wailing over Riley is as bad as when Watkins got traded.

This is the biggest issue with Bills fans. They cling to feel good stories and ignore these guys are backups at best. Thank God Beane is here and will clean out the feel good, and start putting real talent on the team over time.

Are you not paying attention? Beane does t want talent, he wants a team.