What if a Sam Bradford trade offer occurred for Tyrod?

billsfan89

This a very narrow and unlikely trade scenario for the Bills. But being pre-season and the team coming off of two very controversial trades it has been fun to talk about trade speculation. If a team that had a similar style QB to Tyrod had their QB suffer a major season ending injury and they offered the Bills a good deal for Tyrod would you if you were the GM take it?

To get more specific, Russell Wilson suffers a bad injury and will be out for the season. Seattle gets desperate and offers the Bills the same package of picks that Minnesota offered Philly for Sam Bradford.

Seattle offers this trade package

2018 1st

2018 4th

2019 6th

Do you take that deal? It would give the Bills 3 1st round picks and an additional 4th plus a late 2019 pick. That's a haul for a QB that might not be in the teams long term plans and was never much more than above average.

I think you have to seriously consider it since there is not going to be a chance to take advantage of a teams desperate injury situation. But I also think that Tyrod is way better than any QB in recent memory and if the team drafts a QB having an established starter could be a luxury in terms of QB development.

Only if we play Seattle, so when we lose to them, it would have two benefits. First it would help our tie breaker odds, because that's a thing. Secondly, it would lower the draft slot of Seattle's pick, which would, using the same logic, be helpful as well...

Anyway, yes I would do that trade.

High draft picks.... That's all that matters at this point... This will almost certainly be a year where Shady McCoy gets run into the ground... O-line is awful... Any chemistry TT had with Watkins is now irrelevant, and Boldin's

experience is no longer there to fall back on.... Trading Shady now, and eating the dead cap hit is definitely something to consider.

Edited by #34fan

Of course. Tyrod is definitely not their long-term answer.

I don't agree with trading Shady, though. The new franchise QB is going to need proven talent around him. They already got rid of Watkins...let's not make it worse.

I'd love it if the Bills could get a good OT in a trade. Hopefully, Dawkins pans out.

This a very narrow and unlikely trade scenario for the Bills. But being pre-season and the team coming off of two very controversial trades it has been fun to talk about trade speculation. If a team that had a similar style QB to Tyrod had their QB suffer a major season ending injury and they offered the Bills a good deal for Tyrod would you if you were the GM take it?

To get more specific, Russell Wilson suffers a bad injury and will be out for the season. Seattle gets desperate and offers the Bills the same package of picks that Minnesota offered Philly for Sam Bradford.

2018 1st

2018 4th

2019 6th

Do you take that deal? It would give the Bills 3 1st round picks and an additional 4th plus a late 2019 pick. That's a haul for a QB that might not be in the teams long term plans and was never much more than above average.

I think you have to seriously consider it since there is not going to be a chance to take advantage of a teams desperate injury situation. But I also think that Tyrod is way better than any QB in recent memory and if the team drafts a QB having an established starter could be a luxury in terms of QB development.

ok, but at least try to make it a bit more believable

Edited by nucci

I think the only trade that might make sense would be if Rivers went down and Lynn knows how to use Taylor.

If the pick made sense, I guess Yates could be a bridge then be in a position to draft a QB high in 2018.

I don't think Taylor will be traded this season.

Then again Taylor does not fit Dennison's system as a pocket , timing passes.

Edited by ALF

I think the only trade that might make sense would be if Rivers went down and Lynn knows how to use Taylor.

If the pick made sense, I guess Yates could be a bridge then be in a position to draft a QB high in 2018.

I don't think Taylor will be traded this season.

Then again Taylor does not fit Dennison's system as a pocket , timing passes.

If a trade were to happen Yates would not jump Peterman on the depth Chart. We would be getting a first hand look at the rookie.

No one's offering a 1st Round pick for Tyrod Taylor in ANY situation. Ever.

No one's offering a second round pick for Tyrod Taylor in any situation. Ever.

No one's offering a third round pick for Tyrod Taylor in any situation. Ever.

In order for TT to remain with the team he had to take a sizeable cut in salary and reduction in the length of the contract. That's a testament to how he is viewed by the organization that employs him. What he has to offer is well known to the Bills and the rest of the league. He is a useful bridge qb, and nothing more.

No one's offering a 1st Round pick for Tyrod Taylor in ANY situation. Ever.

Cold hard truth spoken there.

In my opinion we can't even get a 4th for him anymore it's why he is still here. Each game he plays in this system his value goes down.

2018 1st

2018 4th

2019 6th

You must be kidding. The 2018 1st alone and I make the trade!

I don't care how desperate a team is, no GM in his right mind is offering a first round pick along with a fourth and sixth. NEVER would happen. You might get an offer for third, fourth, and sixth but not a first rounder.

If it was offered, take it and run.

Problem is, NOBODY(NFL Franchises) values Tyrod as more than a gimmick or backup QB at best. Sorry, nobody other than delusional Bills Fans.

If he was thought of as anything, he would be gone. He came back to Buffalo because there was no market for him.

If a team loses their starter, there would probably be more of a chance that Peterman would get requested before Tyrod.

logic would say that no one would ever trade a 1st for Sam Bradford, king of "Ryan Fitzpatrick career stats, master of the undeserved paycheck". And yet the Vikings did

They were super desperate, thought they had a contending team.

They were super desperate, thought they had a contending team.

Uh huh. Almost Every year there is a team that thinks they are decebt QB play away from the playoffs. See, KC in 2013, Houston in 2016.

How many more years is Denver going to keep that D together if Lynch can't take the job away?

EDIT: for the record, this is not me trying to shop TT. But man, if you get a stupid good offer...

Edited by WhitewalkerInPhilly

Bradford is an NFL QB, Tyrod is not. Tyrod is struggling with an actual NFL offense, I think you will find that Roman got a bad rap trying to cover Tyrod's limitations.

Huh? They are both in the same boat, same rung on the ladder just under the "franchise QB" rung...

Obvi everyone is going to trade Tyrod for those picks, but do you do the deal if you HAVE to then turn around and offer those same picks for Bradford?

As much as I'd like a Bradford jersey to rep the hometown, I think I'd rather ride with Tyrod...

Bradford is an NFL QB, Tyrod is not. Tyrod is struggling with an actual NFL offense, I think you will find that Roman got a bad rap trying to cover Tyrod's limitations.

I think so, too.

He actually got a whole lot out of TT for as limited a passer as he is.

If it was offered, take it and run.

Problem is, NOBODY(NFL Franchises) values Tyrod as more than a gimmick or backup QB at best. Sorry, nobody other than delusional Bills Fans.

If he was thought of as anything, he would be gone. He came back to Buffalo because there was no market for him.

If a team loses their starter, there would probably be more of a chance that Peterman would get requested before Tyrod.

Interesting theory.

Say if that premise came to fruition, and a team offers the Bills a 1st round pick for Peterman. Would you take that trade?

I think so, too.

He actually got a whole lot out of TT for as limited a passer as he is.

Right on man and I see this new OC having the same exact problems trying to get the most out of Tyrod this season. For them to keep Tyrod this season is just going to open up this new OC to comparisons with the last 2 that got fired with Tyrod.

Not looking good for our first year OC, Tyrod the OC killer.

Edited by xRUSHx

Interesting theory.

Say if that premise came to fruition, and a team offers the Bills a 1st round pick for Peterman. Would you take that trade?

Hell Yes!

I'm not on the Peterman bandwagon or anything, I just think that most teams would value him more than Tyrod. Neither would be "starters" right now on 90%+ of NFL teams. IF a team lost its starter, in this case, Seattle, there are a whole hell of a lot of other quarterbacks that would be sought after before they got to Tyrod.

I'm sure he's a good guy, good father, good teammate and a hell of a great American but he is what we've seen as a quarterback. Average at best, limited in reading a defense, below average in carrying a team and other than being able to throw it long, below average arm in throwing to a non-stationary target. Nobody is going to give up more than a 3rd in the most desperate situation for him.

Right on man and I see this new OC having the same exact problems trying to get the most out of Tyrod this season. For them to keep Tyrod this season is just going to open up this new OC to comparisons with the last 2 that got fired with Tyrod.

Not looking good for our first year OC, Tyrod the OC killer.

right on man. I can see the whole coaching staff fired mid season.