USA Today....Bills are going 4-12.....

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IF this were true, 2 of our wins would most likely be against the Jets, so this "football expert" is predicting we win 2 games total against our other 12 opponents. This includes 3 games against teams he predicted 7-9, one against a team he has at 8-8 and 2 against teams at 5-11. I like our odds to beat his prediction by at least 4 wins.

On the one hand, we have limited depth. Tyrod, Sammy and Shady are all fragile. If the three of them go down, 4-12 is realistic.

On the other hand, I'm not a betting man but if I could place a bet that the Bills will win more than 4 games, I would - eagerly.

6-10.. that's what the Bills record will be. That's what I always predict for the season.

Probably the best approach. High expectations lead to low moods when unrealized.

Edited by hondo in seattle

His reasoning behind the Patriots perfect season seems to be contradiction and other babble.

"The division should be a cakewalk, and even one of New England's toughest road games against the Raiders will be at a neutral site (Mexico City). The most difficult stretch comes from Weeks 13-15, when the Pats play at Buffalo, at Miami (where they typically struggle) and at Pittsburgh coming off a short week"

I actually wouldn't mind this outcome.

We would have the 3rd or 4th pick overall in a QB heavy draft and somewhere around the 16th for the Chiefs pick.

I'd rather see us miss the playoffs and have a shiny new QB than go 8-8 for seemingly the 20th season in a row and remain in "QB purgatory" forever, hoping for a 10-6 season and a whiff of the playoffs.

It would mean TT struggled and therefore our top priority would be Darnold package both 1st round picks plus a 2nd to get Darnold.

I actually wouldn't mind this outcome.

We would have the 3rd or 4th pick overall in a QB heavy draft and somewhere around the 16th for the Chiefs pick.

I'd rather see us miss the playoffs and have a shiny new QB than go 8-8 for seemingly the 20th season in a row and remain in "QB purgatory" forever, hoping for a 10-6 season and a whiff of the playoffs.

looks like we would be picking 4th & 14th. If the bills did end up 4-12 I really hope we pick top 3 tho and top 10 with the KC pick would be amazing

This is still a game where a team can succeed if they have good lines. I believe the Bills have them. 8-8 is very doable. Injuries and turnover margin are the two wild cards.

IF the Bills don't have a good year we can also cheer hard for every team playing KC. Another little added excitement for a Sunday.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

IF this were true, 2 of our wins would most likely be against the Jets, so this "football expert" is predicting we win 2 games total against our other 12 opponents. This includes 3 games against teams he predicted 7-9, one against a team he has at 8-8 and 2 against teams at 5-11. I like our odds to beat his prediction by at least 4 wins.

No, the billsy thing to do would be going 1-1 against the jets giving them their only win of the season.

why 4 wins? I don't see them winning a game. making it very miserable for those season ticket holders who fill the seats and wishing they had not went to a single game. although there are those who like to tailgate, eat and get drunk so they wont care either way.

I also believe McD will be fired for starting TT, who spells certain doom for the team facing a no win season. beane will resign and go back to carolina, regretting ever coming to buffalo while failing to make good draft choices and not signing vet fa's in the off season.

the season is a wash and I have a feeling I may just skip this year as there is no need (may quit the nfl altogether) to watch a team that is not a contender and by the looks of the dismal near future, wont be for many more years to come. I also can see the drought going over 30 years but before that chances are real good the pegulas will have had enough and sell the team where it will be moved, saving those few bills fans left the agony of rooting for a loser...

0-16, here we come!!

I can relate...

Here's how I feel about the first seven games.

vs. NYJ....... W 24-21.... A game much closer than it should have been due to turnovers on offense. -Haushka ices the win with a FG in OT.

@ CAR........ L 17-37... The McCaff-back breaks some sort of record in this one. Our secondary also gets torched via Newton to Benjamin.

vs. DEN........ L 17-31.... Broncs secondary gives Tyrod fits. -They pound the rock until our D-line rolls over and submits.

@ ATL....... L 20-45..... Matt Ryan can't be stopped. -Neither can Freeman. We put up a valiant fight until the 4th, when Ryan and Senor Julio take over.

@ CIN....... L 23-28….. A game we could have easily won… Dalton is sacked five times, and our ST produces a TD on a KR… Tyrod is chided for holding the ball, and missing open WR’s… Shady shows his frustration

in the after-game presser... TT is losing the locker room.

vs. TAM..... L 19-29.... The lack of points being scored leads to whispers of a "QB change"... A poor first half vs.TAM leads to cut-aways of Peterman warming up on the sidelines.... He never goes in.

vs. OAK..... L 24-33.... Khalil and Marshawn celebrate their WNY "homecoming" by laying waste to all in their path.... A late comeback only adds to Bills fan's misery.

That's how I see things starting out... Let's hope I'm WAAAAAY off!

Edited by #34fan

I can relate...

vs. NYJ....... W 24-21.... A game much closer than it should have been due to turnovers on offense. -Haushka ices the win with a FG in OT.

@ CAR........ L 17-37... The McCaff-back breaks some sort of record in this one. Our secondary also gets torched via Newton to Benjamin.

@ DEN........ L 17-31.... Broncs secondary gives Tyrod fits. -They pound the rock until our D-line rolls over and submits.

@ ATL....... L 20-45..... Matt Ryan can't be stopped. -Neither can Freeman. We put up a valiant fight until the 4th, when Ryan and Senor Julio take over.

@ CIN....... L 23-28….. A game we could have easily won… Dalton is sacked five times, and our ST produces a TD on a KR… Tyrod is chided for holding the ball, and missing open WR’s… Shady shows his frustration

vs. TAM..... L 19-29.... The lack of points being scored leads to whispers of a "QB change"... A poor first half vs.TAM leads to cut-aways of Peterman warming up on the sidelines.... He never goes in.

vs. OAK..... L 24-33.... Khalil and Marshawn celebrate their WNY "homecoming" by laying waste to all in their path.... A late comeback only adds to Bills fan's misery.

I totally agree and don't feel you're way off. The debating on whether 4-12 is too low is really insane to me because I can't see them being any better then 8-8 even if somethings went their way. So why have/want them be in the middle of the draft as usual instead of the top of the draft?? I'm hoping their predictions are pretty accurate because we'd be a top 4 and KC would be in the middle

I can relate...

@ DEN........ L 17-31.... Broncs secondary gives Tyrod fits. -They pound the rock until our D-line rolls over and submits.

@ CIN....... L 23-28.. A game we could have easily won Dalton is sacked five times, and our ST produces a TD on a KR Tyrod is chided for holding the ball, and missing open WRs Shady shows his frustration

So in your opinion we keep scoring lots of points but get lit up on defense, just as if Rex & Rob never left? Somehow I think you aren't hoping you're wrong.

So in your opinion we keep scoring lots of points but get lit up on defense, just as if Rex & Rob never left? Somehow I think you aren't hoping you're wrong.

No, he thinks we'll score 4.5 fewer points per game than we did last year (over that stretch anyway). Those scores would've put us squarely in 22nd last year instead of the 10th we ended up at.

6-10.. that's what the Bills record will be. That's what I always predict for the season.

Been going with it since 2001, except for Rex Hype where I went up to 8 wins one season.

Learned my lesson well...

Agreed

The only prediction that matters is when ESPN see the total pony loaf of a schedule that the NFL has screwed them over with for another season of MNF.

I can relate...

My god, this stretch is brutal. Bills havent been able to beat the good teams

for 17 years, and now for some reason, they are?

Maybe they beat cinci, and go 2-5.

Edited by Albwan

Hey,. I'd LOVE a 7-0 start... -It's great momentum for a playoff run... 5-2 appeals to some, but we've done that before... 5-2 turns into 5-3, then 5-4... Next thing you know, we're 5-7!

Recent history verifies that we don't dig ourselves out of holes very well...

Been going with it since 2001, except for Rex Hype where I went up to 8 wins one season.

Learned my lesson well...

The only prediction that matters is when ESPN see the total pony loaf of a schedule that the NFL has screwed them over with for another season of MNF.

Very true, I dpn't think I watched two full MNF games last year and t used to be must see TV. Of course that might also have to do with he fact that because the Bills are so awful I really don't even care who wins in the other games

I can relate...

You abbreviate Tampa Bay as TAM?

I can relate...

We have 4 road games in a row ? .... that sucks, then again I'm betting that's wrong.

Hey,. I'd LOVE a 7-0 start... -It's great momentum for a playoff run... 5-2 appeals to some, but we've done that before... 5-2 turns into 5-3, then 5-4... Next thing you know, we're 5-7!

Recent history verifies that we don't dig ourselves out of holes very well...

Here's the narrative after a 7-0 start:

"Don't get sucked in like in 2008. They're probably going to lose the rest of their games."

Here's the narrative after a 7-0 start:

"Don't get sucked in like in 2008. They're probably going to lose the rest of their games."

I know you're kidding, but there's some truth to this...as Bills fans, I'm not sure how we'll react when we finally have a good/great team...it's been so long....we'll be 11-2 or something and looking at the last 3 games thinking there's a way we'll miss the playoffs....

Edited by Iron Maiden

I think this will be a surprising year for this team.

The Jets are in rebuild. I see the Dolphins taking a step back. Obviously the Pats aren't going to go 16-0.

We have an offfense returning with pretty much all of their major pieces that finished 10th in scoring and the tops in rushing. Our OL should be improved and Shady is looking lights out so far. I believe come week 1 Tyrod will be Tyrod.

I really believe if we were a top 10 defense last year we would have been a playoff team. This year Lawson is looking like a monster opposite Hughes who is already one. You have Darius and K Williams in the middle with Adolphus providing solid depth. That's a top 5 front four. I like our CB tandem of Darby and the rookie Tre White. I think White will hold his own. Love Hyde in the backfield.

With Alexander and Preston Brown returning at LB we'll only need one of the others to step up. That could easily be Ragland once he's back into form. It not Humber or Hodges can hold the fort.

Just overall we are going to be a more disciplined team which in itself will help us win more games than last year.

We play the Jets and Dolphins twice which I feel we can win 3 of 4. We play Saints, Bucs, and Colts at home which aren't world beaters. I like our chances vs KC, Bengals and Chargers on the road.

I also believe McD can pull a split with NE.

I think if we stay healthy we'll have a good chance at 10 wins.

Again I believe McD can get us there. Ryan wasn't mentally tough. His teams made too many mistakes (along with his coaches) that killed us in key situations. I think having a mentally tougher coach will be the difference.

I'm not sure too many believe that. But I do.

Tops in rushing, yeah, I miss the 1970s NFL as well. Maybe this style of football will make a comeback, huh?

It's possible.

Once every team in the league is geared to stop the pass, watch an 80 year old Belichick bring back the ground-and-pound and get another 5 titles with the RB version of Tom Brady.

I don't care for predictions, especially this early. However, I'd rather see them go 4-12 than 7-9 (or 8-8).

Yup. I'd like to see what they could do with multiple first round-round draft picks and a decent QB class.

Still hoping (and dreaming) for 11-5 and play-offs though.

Only place that USA today exists is in hotels. Don't think I've ever googled USA today or USA today sports to see their predictions

now that you say it...i don't think i've seen the usa today anywhere but in a hotel in a decade.