USA Today....Bills are going 4-12.....

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills prediction seems to be a function of the writer's high opinion of the AFCW and NFCS, the worst team in each being 7-9. The Bills, being an afterthought, get whatever record makes that happen. It is what it is until we change things by winning. Hopefully that's on the horizon.

Bills fans would be rejoicing in the streets if this ended up being a 4-12 season, because that means they'd be in the driver's seat for either: Rosen, Allen, Falk or Darnold (if he declares).

Yes just like we were rejoicing after tanking the Jets game last year. I recall many here praising that astute move. :rolleyes:

I stopped reading when I saw the Pats at 16-0

I am so tired of all the national media having a hard on for the Pats

CBF

They're the defending champions and, by far, the best team in football.

I can't agree anymore, its not just USA today who think they

are going to stink...across the board the media is completely

counting out the bills. Nothing new. A few years ago they had the

defensive identity, what are they now? A lot of hope, that's about it.

Too bad, i think this will be a flat out stink season, and lo and behold

the jets will stink more, typical.

Also, pats won't go 16-0, but they are capable of it due to the league

having so many mediocre teams. Not to mention teams mentally roll over

to the pats as far as i'm concerned. I'm going to throw a party when brady

is gone.

Edited by Albwan

Bills fans would be rejoicing in the streets if this ended up being a 4-12 season, because that means they'd be in the driver's seat for either: Rosen, Allen, Falk or Darnold (if he declares).

Not me...unlike others I'm tired of losing...all I ever read is to get set up for next year....does anyone here feel like winning now? I've sat through 1-13, 2-14.....don't want to see it again

Edited by nucci

4-12 would be an unmitigated disaster for the new regime.

Not achieving at least mediocrity with a roster equally as talented as the past several years worth of mediocre teams would obliterate the narrative that McDermott is the right detail oriented culture changing leader the bills need.

7 to 9 wins is where they should be...

why 4 wins? I don't see them winning a game. making it very miserable for those season ticket holders who fill the seats and wishing they had not went to a single game. although there are those who like to tailgate, eat and get drunk so they wont care either way.

I also believe McD will be fired for starting TT, who spells certain doom for the team facing a no win season. beane will resign and go back to carolina, regretting ever coming to buffalo while failing to make good draft choices and not signing vet fa's in the off season.

the season is a wash and I have a feeling I may just skip this year as there is no need (may quit the nfl altogether) to watch a team that is not a contender and by the looks of the dismal near future, wont be for many more years to come. I also can see the drought going over 30 years but before that chances are real good the pegulas will have had enough and sell the team where it will be moved, saving those few bills fans left the agony of rooting for a loser...

0-16, here we come!!

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

always start with falsely humble predictions when you are cheering for a team that hasn't done jack for 2 decades...

it's almost completely outside of comprehension to understand that a team hasn't done jack for 2 decades...

Not me .... I'd rather see the QB we HAVE work out, rather than hope a new QB will develop. I am neither a TT fanboy or a TT detractor, I'm just a Bills fan who wants the team to succeed. I have never understood the fan who roots for failure so the team will get rid of a player they don't happen to like. To say that you KNOW a Rosen/Allen/Falk or Darnold will be better than one of the QBs currently on the roster is just plain silly.

Not me .... I'd rather see the QB we HAVE work out, rather than hope a new QB will develop. I am neither a TT fanboy or a TT detractor, I'm just a Bills fan who wants the team to succeed. I have never understood the fan who roots for failure so the team will get rid of a player they don't happen to like. To say that you KNOW a Rosen/Allen/Falk or Darnold will be better than one of the QBs currently on the roster is just plain silly.

It's called bottoming out, which the Bills really haven't done. I mean part of those great 90s teams were so great is we ended up drafting Bruce Smith 1st overall in 1985 thanks to Jim Kelly not signing when he was first drafted. Dareus was the last time the Bills had a pick in the top 3 and looked like he was going to be a difference maker until Rex installed a new defense. That or Dareus got lazy because of his new contract.

It's called bottoming out, which the Bills really haven't done. I mean part of those great 90s teams were so great is we ended up drafting Bruce Smith 1st overall in 1985 thanks to Jim Kelly not signing when he was first drafted. Dareus was the last time the Bills had a pick in the top 3 and looked like he was going to be a difference maker until Rex installed a new defense. That or Dareus got lazy because of his new contract.

His attitude changed when his brother was killed. The difference-maker for him is having a coach who can light a fire under him...or maybe just a teammate to do it.

No way the Pats go 16-0....right?

If you asked me what team could do it, I would say the Pats could do it.

His attitude changed when his brother was killed. The difference-maker for him is having a coach who can light a fire under him...or maybe just a teammate to do it.

I thought Rex had his big system and if you didn't fit in, well !@#$--you charlie.

No way the Pats go 16-0....right?

they were talking this on the sirius recently, and i understand the logic. you can easily argue they're the best team in the nfl. with that approach, every other team is the underdog and would have to upset the pats. for most great teams, they're likely to have off days, or at least make enough mistakes to lose a couple of games. the pats aren't as likely to fall in that trap. that being said, it's so difficult to win every game on the schedule.

4-12 is fine as long as the team improves over the year and TT starts showing some more skill development in the basic fundamentals of being a franchise QB.

Those two things are complete opposites. How do i see TT developing more skills in the basic fundamentals of being a franchise QB AND watch him lose 12 games? If that's the case, then the defense would have to be simply atrocious, which they're not. You're either going to see a digression or a breakthrough from TT, and that will dictate our record.

they were talking this on the sirius recently, and i understand the logic. you can easily argue they're the best team in the nfl. with that approach, every other team is the underdog and would have to upset the pats. for most great teams, they're likely to have off days, or at least make enough mistakes to lose a couple of games. the pats aren't as likely to fall in that trap. that being said, it's so difficult to win every game on the schedule.

Very difficult. There's some logic to it, but it's more fun to predict which team will beat them. At least one will.

Their offense isn't as explosive as the team that went undefeated...and Belichick isn't driven by revenge against the league like he was that year.

This, exactly.

Do they have the best chance to do it? Yes.

Is it likely? No.

Very difficult. There's some logic to it, but it's more fun to predict which team will beat them. At least one will.

Their offense isn't as explosive as the team that went undefeated...and Belichick isn't driven by revenge against the league like he was that year.

This, exactly.

Do they have the best chance to do it? Yes.

Is it likely? No.

agreed and agreed.

Those two things are complete opposites. How do i see TT developing more skills in the basic fundamentals of being a franchise QB AND watch him lose 12 games? If that's the case, then the defense would have to be simply atrocious, which they're not. You're either going to see a digression or a breakthrough from TT, and that will dictate our record.

It takes a slow upward swing through the season in his development, I have full confidence this will happen, but it had BETTER HAPPEN....

And a QB growing into a real franchise man doesn't lead to wins every time...

A few games each year are decided by how a ball bounces on a fumble, or something even more random.