So if McDermott can clean up the communication issues...

... the stupid penalties, the questionable challenges, and the bad game management of the prior coaching staff - would that alone be worth a win or 2 to put us closer to the playoff picture?

I think those changes are necessary and will help in the long run.

But until the defense is rebuilt and we get a better QB, it's gonna be tough.

The future looks bright .. but not 2018.

This team was right on the cusp when Marrone left.

It's hard to overstate how negatively Rex's incompetence affected things. Lack of discipline, late subs, confusion. 10 guys on the field for the most important play last season. Such a mess.

I think people are underestimating how good this team can be if McD is as good as we all hope he'll be. In the AFC, I think we have as good a shot at the playoffs as any team not named patriots.

This team was right on the cusp when Marrone left.

It's hard to overstate how negatively Rex's incompetence affected things. Lack of discipline, late subs, confusion. 10 guys on the field for the most important play last season. Such a mess.

I think people are underestimating how good this team can be if McD is as good as we all hope he'll be. In the AFC, I think we have as good a shot at the playoffs as any team not named patriots.

Unfortunately because we have them in our division we have a harder road to walk than other peers

I think you could also include making sure the correct number of players on the field.

I loved Rex's bravado, but I think you can easily give a game or two to a lot of management decisions he made. The challenges were especially infuriating, when he would challenge to have an opponent's first and 10 become a third and short. There were so many that even if you said, "well yeah, the refs are wrong..." it seemed to be inevitably followed by "...but come on, we are wasting a challenge here?"

He has to be better than wrecks, doesn't he?

His attention to detail and love of the grind would seem to indicate that he will be in control of the controllables which should lead to his and ultimately the Buffalo Bills success.

As a fan i'm hoping it's immediate and permanent!

... the stupid penalties, the questionable challenges, and the bad game management of the prior coaching staff - would that alone be worth a win or 2 to put us closer to the playoff picture?

I read something earlier on the Bills app.

Bills Favorite in all but 2 home games Pats and Raiders.

I wish they would have posted the Away games too.

Can McD fix stupid penalties - questionable. What can he do? Make them do pushups or rum laps? (sorry)

The questionable challenges - hard to say how good McD will be there.

The bad game management - Lets hope so. o0n't over complicate things or over simplify things. Keep the opponent guessing.

Can McD fix stupid penalties - questionable. What can he do? Make them do pushups or rum laps? (sorry)

The bad game management - Lets hope so. o0n't over complicate things or over simplify things. Keep the opponent guessing.

Jets @ Bills (-6)

Bills @ Panthers (-3.5)

Broncos @ Bills (-1)

Bills @ Falcons (-7.5)

Bills @ Bengals (-3.5)

BYE

Bucs @ Bills (-1.5)

Raiders (-1.5) @ Bills

Bills (-1.5) @ Jets

Saints @ Bills (-2)

Bills at Chargers (-2)

Bills @ Chiefs (-6)

Patriots (-7) @ Bills

Colts @ Bills (-1.5)

Dolphins @ Bills (-1.5)

Bills @ Patriots (-11.5)

First off - I don't think that the Raiders are a lock here. On the road a year ago on their East coast swing they beat NO and B-more by 1, and beat TB in OT. Only put up 17 on Tenn.

After looking at their 2016 record too... part of me thinks they are a regression candidate. 9-1 in 1 score games?!!

As for fixing penalties - my hope is that he breaks down why they're happening and focuses on that. Instead of just punishing mistakes.

Questionable challenges? Isn't that why we fired the team chaplain?

Edited by dneveu

Jets @ Bills (-6)

Bills @ Panthers (-3.5)

Broncos @ Bills (-1)

Bills @ Falcons (-7.5)

Bills @ Bengals (-3.5)

BYE

Bucs @ Bills (-1.5)

Raiders (-1.5) @ Bills

Bills (-1.5) @ Jets

Saints @ Bills (-2)

Bills at Chargers (-2)

Bills @ Chiefs (-6)

Patriots (-7) @ Bills

Colts @ Bills (-1.5)

Dolphins @ Bills (-1.5)

Bills @ Patriots (-11.5)

Giving less than 3 when you're the home team doesn't really make you the favorite. It actually makes you the underdog.

Giving less than 3 when you're the home team doesn't really make you the favorite. It actually makes you the underdog.

The Bills had to spin the positive no matter how insignificant.

Thanks Hokie

First off - I don't think that the Raiders are a lock here. On the road a year ago on their East coast swing they beat NO and B-more by 1, and beat TB in OT. Only put up 17 on Tenn.

After looking at their 2016 record too... part of me thinks they are a regression candidate. 9-1 in 1 score games?!!

As for fixing penalties - my hope is that he breaks down why they're happening and focuses on that. Instead of just punishing mistakes.

Questionable challenges? Isn't that why we fired the team chaplain?

Agree on the Raiders.

The Cinci points could be argued as well.

I don't believe we'll have a good 2018 but that won't be the worst thing to happen. McDermott will have his 1st year running his system on defense so I'm sure they'll be learning curves, have they shored up the tackling problems? I'll be ok with them not doing well this season if it means a difference maker at QB, sorry to those who are sick of hearing it but I believe this will be a great draft class for QB's and I'm usually the one who hates hearing "next years class will be better" but there have been 6 high level QB's linked to round 1 next year, which I'm sure will change but it will be a very solid class imo.

None of the things you mentioned as problems, prevented Taylor from finding Woods in the back of the end zone to win the Seahawks game.

...in a game where he played (statistically) the best game an opposing QB has played in Seattle since the Legion of Boom was formed. That's probably not where to try to hang that L.

None of the things you mentioned as problems, prevented Taylor from finding Woods in the back of the end zone to win the Seahawks game.

If Tyrod had scored a TD on that play we would have still been out of the playoffs and also possibly unable to make the trade down with Kansas City. So not only is your point dumb, it's really really dumb.

If Tyrod had scored a TD on that play we would have still been out of the playoffs and also possibly unable to make the trade down with Kansas City. So not only is your point dumb, it's really really dumb.

it cuts both ways if they win the seahawks game that could've gave them the boost they needed vs pit & Mia.

Anyone could do better than the Clown Prince and his puppet brother.

Just running that circus out of town got the Bills 2 more wins.

...in a game where he played (statistically) the best game an opposing QB has played in Seattle since the Legion of Boom was formed. That's probably not where to try to hang that L.

Some people are just stuck in that mode....

I think those changes are necessary and will help in the long run.

But until the defense is rebuilt and we get a better QB, it's gonna be tough.

The future looks bright .. but not 2018.

What makes you say the future looks bright? Many of our best players, McCoy, Williams, Woods, Cognito are on the downsides of their careers. I don't have any for or against Beane or McDermott. But we really don't have a pool of proven young talent that we can expect to get better just by "aging" for a couple of seasons.

Raiders will have issues with home "fans" now being more like Bills "fans" being happy they are losing, They will be luckier if they do not show up at all.

What makes you say the future looks bright? Many of our best players, McCoy, Williams, Woods, Cognito are on the downsides of their careers. I don't have any for or against Beane or McDermott. But we really don't have a pool of proven young talent that we can expect to get better just by "aging" for a couple of seasons.

Groy

A. Washington

Dawkins

Rbs are not THAT hard to find....and McCoy just came off a very good season

WTF is your problem

The only logical reason why Bills lost to Seahawks is they did not bribe the Zebras as much as Seahawks. There is no reasonable explanation for what happened and those zebras directly involved should have been fired.

If Tyrod had not scored any points in last two years we would have had #1 pick twice so not see how your argument has any value other than you wanting the Bills to lose.

McDoomed needs to stop playing wanna-be GM, and get on board with coaching... The Rook's are in need of some SOLID instruction... -The Vets need a way forward post-Wrecks Ryan.

It's gonna be bad if the HC has no clear idea of HOW exactly he wants to WIN games.

Jets @ Bills (-6)

Bills @ Panthers (-3.5)

Broncos @ Bills (-1)

Bills @ Falcons (-7.5)

Bills @ Bengals (-3.5)

BYE

Bucs @ Bills (-1.5)

Raiders (-1.5) @ Bills

Bills (-1.5) @ Jets

Saints @ Bills (-2)

Bills at Chargers (-2)

Bills @ Chiefs (-6)

Patriots (-7) @ Bills

Colts @ Bills (-1.5)

Dolphins @ Bills (-1.5)

Bills @ Patriots (-11.5)

How is it even possible to take any of this serious? We haven't even seen this team play. Much of the roster will be different players. The scheme is different on both offense and defense. Too many variables. It isn't like we have the same roster with one or two key positions improved or made worse. It is largely different product than we saw on the field the last two years. I cant buy a great season or a poor season until after we see what we got.

All i ask for god's sakes, is to not implement "Yes, sir" wrist bands.

LOL! I think this team will have honest to goodness discipline, not buzzwords and excuses.

McDoomed needs to stop playing wanna-be GM, and get on board with coaching... The Rook's are in need of some SOLID instruction... -The Vets need a way forward post-Wrecks Ryan.

It's gonna be bad if the HC has no clear idea of HOW exactly he wants to WIN games.

What makes you think he is not coaching them?

What makes you think he is not coaching them?

I never said he wasn't.... I suggested he FOCUS on coaching above all else... Admittedly, The clips I saw of his Rookie minicamp left me unimpressed.

I think its absolutely makes a difference but keep in mind Sean is still a rookie HC and will be prone to making his own rookie mistakes

A bigger difference IMO would be to develop a better passing game, or more in Sean's wheelhouse to stop the run

Stopping the run probably gives you 3-4 more wins

And Reggie Ragland is the key addition this year who could be a game/franchise changer, or not

jc

I didn't like Rex at all. I do expect all that you list to improve, but it's an unfounded expectation as we haven't seen these new guys produce yet. Rex did have good instincts for In game play calling which compensated for the sloppyness.

It remains to be seen how the new staff runs all facets of the game, what improves and what if any new deficits are introduced.

Are we talking about the play where the defender hit Woods before the ball even had a chance to get to him that should have been called a penalty

Im not blaming the loss on that one play....our defense couldnt stop a teenage school girl in this game