Tyrod will not be handed starting Job

MAJBobby

My money is on Peterman starting opening day, he can see the field and operate an NFL system. Tyrod doesn't know what he's looking at and doesn't see his receivers. Tyrod improvises and runs around, Peterman will release the ball on time and operate within the system and will win the favor of the coaches is my best guess. We'll see! Go Bills

• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big Taylor fan,

I'm also a big fan of competition at the QB position.

McDermott continues to impress...

My money is on Peterman starting opening day, he can see the field and operate an NFL system. Tyrod doesn't know what he's looking at and doesn't see his receivers. Tyrod improvises and runs around, Peterman will release the ball on time and operate within the system and will win the favor of the coaches is my best guess. We'll see! Go Bills

I think its very possible

Big Taylor fan,

I'm also a big fan of competition at the QB position.

McDermott continues to impress...

I think its very possible

i know McDermott is not Rex, that in itself is a great thing, but I don't get all the love for him specifically. Maybe I'm missing something, but what has he done that we know of , not that we think he has done(like make draft day trades?) He's just not Rex , so far at least.

This is very possible.

i know McDermott is not Rex, that in itself is a great thing, but I don't get all the love for him specifically. Maybe I'm missing something, but what has he done that we know of , not that we think he has done(like make draft day trades?) He's just not Rex , so far at least.

fair question,

McDermott comes across as very sincere, determined and focused in my humble opinion. The ground work McDermott is laying, calling out the team for leaders to step forward, distractions removed ftom the locker room, all in an effort to get his football team more focused. I like the steely eyed no nonsense way the Bills new HC McDermott carries himself and how quickly he shrudges off a member of the media looking to stir up trouble.

with all due respect i'm kinda big on 1st impressions,

I know your probably looking for a better answer klos63...

Jay Skurski (@JaySkurski)

4/29/17, 2:47 PM

Sean McDermott says every quarterback on the roster will compete for the starting job -- it won't be handed to Tyrod Taylor. #Bills

Good. Thats how it should be and not just at QB, at all positions.

fair question,

McDermott comes across as very sincere, determined and focused in my humble opinion. The ground work McDermott is laying, calling out the team for leaders to step forward, distractions removed ftom the locker room, all in an effort to get his football team more focused. I like the steely eyed no nonsense way the Bills new HC McDermott carries himself and how quickly he shrudges off a member of the media looking to stir up trouble.

with all due respect i'm kinda big on 1st impressions,

I know your probably looking for a better answer klos63...

No, that's fine. Thanks for not insulting me for raising the question. But honestly, I would think any coach but Rex would probably act in a similar way. I'm a huge Andy Reid fan, so the fact that McDermott worked under him has me optimistic, but i'll still wait and see. I think he has quite a bit a talent to work with, we should compete this season.

Good. Thats how it should be and not just at QB, at all positions.

No it shouldn't. There shouldn't be competition at QB, FB, RB, WR(1), TE, LT, LG, K, DE, DT's....

Edited by klos63

No, that's fine. Thanks for not insulting me for raising the question. But honestly, I would think any coach but Rex would probably act in a similar way. I'm a huge Andy Reid fan, so the fact that McDermott worked under him has me optimistic, but i'll still wait and see. I think he has quite a bit a talent to work with, we should compete this season.

No it shouldn't. There shouldn't be competition at QB, FB, RB, WR(1), TE, LT, LG, K, DE, DT's....

One of the most intelligent posters I know has asked the same question.

Tyrod has never lost a QB competition. He relishes them. It was for backup in Baltimore because Flacco was entrenched as starter. They brought in someone every season and TT crushed them for #2. He actually did beat Flacco too in scrimmages, too but little was ever said about it.

Crushed EJ and Cassel as well - it now seems comical but at the time it was 50% tops on this board that thought he would beat out those two.

FNG Peterman, TJ Yates and Cardale will be light work for TT. Even if he was being paid peanuts. Different level of talent.

Ya'll are crazy but funny.

Tyrod has never lost a QB competition. He relishes them. It was for backup in Baltimore because Flacco was entrenched as starter. They brought in someone every season and TT crushed them for #2. He actually did beat Flacco too in scrimmages, too but little was ever said about it.

Crushed EJ and Cassel as well - it now seems comical but at the time it was 50% tops on this board that thought he would beat out those two.

FNG Peterman, TJ Yates and Cardale will be light work for TT. Even if he was being paid peanuts. Different level of talent.

Ya'll are crazy but funny.

"Yeah, everybody funny. Now you funny too!"

The day Tyrod was signed I voted that he would start, it was way less than 50% of us and way less than 33% of us. But the majority had EJ way overrated and it wasn't so hard to see Tyrod would be the new coaching staff's guy. I think the same thing is happening here. We'll see brother, it'll be a fun camp.

McDermott says something, I'd be inclined to believe it.

I can't recall ever saying the same about our last two coaches.

Frankly, that he's saying this probably drops that level of credibility a tiny bit (even if not that important)

If TT gets beat out in camp -- something has gone TERRIBLY wrong. Several somethings. There is no reason to say the guy with the big contract and multi year commitment signed a month ago isn't the starter when you have a journeyman, a day three pick, and cardale behind him. Just call the dude the starter and let him run as a leader with the vote of confidence

new blood on the roster at QB. drafted rookie will outshine the competition and win the starting job and carry the team to the promise land.

where have I heard that before.

it's always funny how some fans cling to the new guy like he'll be the next montana.

he may beat out the other two for the back up job and I can not say whether it'll be yates or jones being cut, leaning towards jones but there is no doubt taylor will start the season and will remain starter barring any injury.

but hey, cling on to the new guy, always makes for interesting discussion.

I'm pretty sure Drew Bledsoe was thinking the exact same thing in NE.

Bledsoe lost his starting job because of injury - not because Brady was so good in practice that Belichick decided to promote him to starter. Brady didn't prove himself until he was forced into the starting role. If it weren't for that injury, nobody knows how Brady's career ultimately would have turned out. For all we know he may have been discovered very late in his career - like Rich Gannon.

Which will undoubtedly be Tyrod Taylor.

McDermott isn't fooling anybody but himself.

Probably. I wouldn't expect a rookie to beat him out, Yates is a journeyman, and Cardale doesn't look like he has it. And if TT wins, so be it.

"Yeah, everybody funny. Now you funny too!"

The day Tyrod was signed I voted that he would start, it was way less than 50% of us and way less than 33% of us. But the majority had EJ way overrated and it wasn't so hard to see Tyrod would be the new coaching staff's guy. I think the same thing is happening here. We'll see brother, it'll be a fun camp.

:thumbsup:

They have got a similar situation in Chicago (except MT went second overall of course). Just signed Glennon to a nice new contract. Wonder how long before Trubby supplants him.

One would certainly expect Tyrod to start but unlike some posters I'm not sure how well he will be able to execute a WCO. I would have expected that to present some real problems for him. Peterman on the other hand seems a fit - and we are told coaches get a big man crush on him.

We shall see.

good for McD to keep everyone on their toes and working hard.

TT work ethic is off the charts....plus he has the added incentive of essentially working on 1 year contract deals.

barring injury, TT will be your day 1 starter.

If McGinger is serious, then why not bring in Kaep and/or Cutler to compete? My preference would be Kaep, but I truly think either would give us a better chance to win than TT will.

If the competition is going to be with Yates, then this is a tank season.

If McGinger is serious, then why not bring in Kaep and/or Cutler to compete? My preference would be Kaep, but I truly think either would give us a better chance to win than TT will.

If the competition is going to be with Yates, then this is a tank season.

I'm fine with a tank season. We need to be in the best possible position to draft qb in 2018.

TT hasn't done anything to deserve being handed the job. Whoever plays the best will start.

Uh right. Like staying healthy last year, leading an offense that scored 25 ppg and amassing a QB rating ahead of guys like Big Ben, rivers, Carr, Wilson.

Yeah he hasn't done anything.

If Dennison constructs a proper offense that requires all passes to be outside the numbers, finally gets the OLine to hold their blocks for a minimum of 6 seconds and gets those receivers to be wide open, well then, TT for the win.

Uh right. Like staying healthy last year, leading an offense that scored 25 ppg and amassing a QB rating ahead of guys like Big Ben, rivers, Carr, Wilson.

Nope. He still has to compete for his job and the message has been sent that he's not the long-term solution for the team. And I'd take any of those 4 guys over him.

He didn't lead anyone to anything. Without McCoy, we win 2 games, tops.

And comparing him to those QBs only proves that statistics can tell someone whatever story the feel like hearing. Not to mention, it's just silly to compare him to those guys.

If Dennison constructs a proper offense that requires all passes to be outside the numbers, finally gets the OLine to hold their blocks for a minimum of 6 seconds and gets those receivers to be wide open, well then, TT for the win.

Seriously?

He held the ball longer than anyone in the league. He took very few sacks. His receivers were almost always open, yet he rarely threw the ball to them. Oh, he also had the best running game in football to open up whatever they wanted to. He simply couldn't find them and when he did, he couldn't hit them when it counted.