Tyrod will not be handed starting Job

MAJBobby

We have a pretty good staple team and I think most of you are selling us very short. New Head Coach that should improve the "D" a great deal and with the same "O" we would be a really solid team. I expect us to be solid this year. Stop being so negative. Try the other side of the bed.

• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It may not be handed to him but he will be the starter. That is not to say Taylor is great. It's more saying our stable of QBs behind him is pretty pathetic. Although, I do expect to see Taylor play better this year than he did last.

Edited by Scott7975

i couldn't be more correct, if you think there is competition for each starting position on the bills this season, you're delusional. Barring injury, we have many starters entrenched at their positions and going nowhere.

Really? Did you even read anything past the part where I said you are wrong?

So what you are telling me is that if a player behind one of our clear starters grossly outplays that starter that McD (our new head coach with no allegiances to anyone) is just going to hand the job to the "name" player who isn't getting it done? Seriously, how can anyone actually believe that to be true?

The reason you have guys who are "locked in" is because they are clearly the best player on the team at that position and there is no chance to really unseat them barring injury, suspension, or them just mailing it in (see Mario Williams). But if you bring someone in who is even better than them, guess what the better player will get that job 100% of the time.

Ask Tony Romo about that. Bledsoe about that. Albert Haynesworth. Drew Bree's. Just to name a few big names who lost their jobs earlier than expected. Romo lost his job to a rookie QB who was leading the team to its best performance in a long time. Bledsoe, coming of a recent "life long" contract with the Pats lost his job to a 6th round rookie QB after a chest injury. Albert couldn't even keep his job, let alone be the starter despite being signed to largest contract in history at the time to anchor Redskins D. Drew Bree's put up a strong season to only see the Chargers choose Rivers long term and let Bree's go in FA. I mean there are endless examples of this, especially when you start talking about guys who are quality starters but not Elite.

All teams, all positions have competition period. Just because there are guys so talented its almost impossible to unseat them doesn't mean they don't still have to go out on the field and use that talent and keep that job.

yeah, i don't think so

he may win but it's not a better system for him

i think it is actually.

But he will no longer be told to protect the ball/ He will be directed to throw the timing patterns and with anticipation.

or else. : )

Truly feel he is going to be told to throw it very distinctly as this season develops, if not sooner. Better see if he can now.

That's awesome. Just for the sake of, anyone with common sense would have a competition every year. Why would you ever not allow the best person to play? TJ Yates is better then people think. Not saying he's going to beat out Tyrod...but if it's a true competition, it won't be a blow out. Yates is a pro.

here's the thing. just to everyone in general. Only so many reps to go around. Not all four Potential starters ( !) can get the same quality of practice repetition in.

It is not in the best interest of the team. Even Rex recognized that after his first year. yet another one his mistakes...

Trust in the Coaches is all you can do. They know the program they want to run and how it fits each player, or they it I suppose : )

Tyrod is starting because he is the best QB on the team by quite a bit.

I think it will be a fine competition between the rookie, having different styles. Hope the bot play well enough to push TJ off. But i would not bet upon it

i couldn't be more correct, if you think there is competition for each starting position on the bills this season, you're delusional. Barring injury, we have many starters entrenched at their positions and going nowhere.

There will always be competition. Thats what playing football at the NFL is ALL about !

Now maybe you and I can see the starter. and I wish it was always crystal clear before the season started.

If they do not push as hard as they each can, they do not get better.

I'll set the line:

Taylor: -5000

Peterman: +1600

Cardale: +2500

Field: +7500

forgot

Tent +14600

give credit when it is due

Edited by 3rdand12

Tyrod Taylor will be the starting QB for this team in '17 barring injury. Tyrod is decent as the bridge to a long term solution. Peterman's talent as I see it is not that of an NFL starter.

I value your opinion but 100% disagree with your assessment on TT Watch what happens this year when he has to pass the ball in our new O scheme. Coaches will rip him apart with his happy feet.

I value your opinion but 100% disagree with your assessment on TT Watch what happens this year when he has to pass the ball in our new O scheme. Coaches will rip him apart with his happy feet.

He played in this scheme. These coaches (Dennison) offered him more $ in FA than the Bills when they were in Denver. They must believe that he can execute the scheme Edited by Kirby Jackson

i think it is actually.

But he will no longer be told to protect the ball/ He will be directed to throw the timing patterns and with anticipation.

or else. : )

Truly feel he is going to be told to throw it very distinctly as this season develops, if not sooner. Better see if he can now.

here's the thing. just to everyone in general. Only so many reps to go around. Not all four Potential starters ( !) can get the same quality of practice repetition in.

It is not in the best interest of the team. Even Rex recognized that after his first year. yet another one his mistakes...

Trust in the Coaches is all you can do. They know the program they want to run and how it fits each player, or they it I suppose : )

Tyrod is starting because he is the best QB on the team by quite a bit.

I think it will be a fine competition between the rookie, having different styles. Hope the bot play well enough to push TJ off. But i would not bet upon it

There will always be competition. Thats what playing football at the NFL is ALL about !

Now maybe you and I can see the starter. and I wish it was always crystal clear before the season started.

If they do not push as hard as they each can, they do not get better.

forgot

Tent +14600

give credit when it is due

What I'm saying is that there are many positions on this team where the is no legitimate competition for the spot. If you think Incognito is going to have competition for LG, you're kidding yourself. Just one example. Yes , I understand he has to keep the level high, but let's be realistic.

I do agree he will need to improve his execution of pass plays.

D Coaches did play to his weaknesses last season of course. Some change back to his Ravens scheme ish might do him some good ?

What I'm saying is that there are many positions on this team where the is no legitimate competition for the spot. If you think Incognito is going to have competition for LG, you're kidding yourself. Just one example. Yes , I understand he has to keep the level high, but let's be realistic.

Thats exactly what i thought you meant, just trying to help clarify.

like i said, I wish every position was already presumed.

But still gotta push the starters !!

I do agree he will need to improve his execution of pass plays.

D Coaches did play to his weaknesses last season of course. Some change back to his Ravens scheme ish might do him some good ?

Thats exactly what i thought you meant, just trying to help clarify.

like i said, I wish every position was already presumed.

But still gotta push the starters !!

at least we are on the same page. Time for Pegula to get his staff on the same page.

3 questions.

1. Doesn't everybody compete for their starting position?

2. Is there any doubt that TT won't be able to win over Yates and Jones?

3. What the **** is the internet?

I respect you.

Bledsoe lost his starting job because of injury - not because Brady was so good in practice that Belichick decided to promote him to starter. Brady didn't prove himself until he was forced into the starting role. If it weren't for that injury, nobody knows how Brady's career ultimately would have turned out. For all we know he may have been discovered very late in his career - like Rich Gannon.

Exactly. Bledsoe was an elite quarterback. He was the first pick of the 1993 draft; a Pro Bowler; a Super Bowl QB; the face of the franchise. He flicked his wrist and the ball traveled 50 yards on a frozen rope.

To think noodle-armed, bowl-cut Brady beat Drew Bledsoe out in practice is silly. The dude looked like he had just stepped out of his mom's SUV from rec league soccer practice to run the 40 at the Combine. He was 2 years of backing up Bledsoe away from being at a desk job for the rest of his life. The start of his career was the perfect storm. From his first start, to his 5th Super Bowl ring, Brady's career is the most improbable series of events in the history of the NFL. Possibly the most improbable series of events in the history of America. Haha.

but it will be left in his locker for him to take.

:D

it's always funny how some fans cling to the new guy like he'll be the next montana.

he may beat out the other two for the back up job and I can not say whether it'll be yates or jones being cut, leaning towards jones but there is no doubt taylor will start the season and will remain starter barring any injury.

but hey, cling on to the new guy, always makes for interesting discussion.

If the "new guy" were Joe Montana, he would sit his butt on the bench and throw 23 passes his entire rookie season, go into the following year as #2 and not take over until halfway through his #2 season.

Really? Did you even read anything past the part where I said you are wrong?

So what you are telling me is that if a player behind one of our clear starters grossly outplays that starter that McD (our new head coach with no allegiances to anyone) is just going to hand the job to the "name" player who isn't getting it done? Seriously, how can anyone actually believe that to be true?

Here you need to define "grossly outplays". You can have a player who looks great in training camp and preseason, and coaches are still going to want to start the guy they've seen making it happen for-reals on Sunday in the season.

Happens all the time.

I respect you.

Exactly. Bledsoe was an elite quarterback. He was the first pick of the 1993 draft; a Pro Bowler; a Super Bowl QB; the face of the franchise. He flicked his wrist and the ball traveled 50 yards on a frozen rope.

To think noodle-armed, bowl-cut Brady beat Drew Bledsoe out in practice is silly. The dude looked like he had just stepped out of his mom's SUV from rec league soccer practice to run the 40 at the Combine. He was 2 years of backing up Bledsoe away from being at a desk job for the rest of his life. The start of his career was the perfect storm. From his first start, to his 5th Super Bowl ring, Brady's career is the most improbable series of events in the history of the NFL. Possibly the most improbable series of events in the history of America. Haha.

could not have said it better my self. The whole thing should be made into a movie.

I respect you.

If I believed in the supernatural, I might think he went down the the crossroads and made a deal with an unsavory character.

Edited by WhoTom