Tyrod will not be handed starting Job

MAJBobby

Beyond that, they've essentially said that TT isn't the Bills' QB of the future. So it's Peterman or Cardale, or maybe even Woodrum. They will get every chance to start. And if TT wins again, they'll draft a QB in the 1st next year.

No... they've said "here's a contract we'd like to give you because we think we can win with you as our QB but want to make sure before investing long term."

If TT wins the job and he plays well and the team is successful, we aren't drafting a QB in the 1st.

I'm sure someone has pointed this out already but McDermott said that everyone is competing for every spot. It is the ultimate in coach speak but so what? Is he supposed to say something different? Ask him if Cordy, Sammy, Shady, or anyone else is guaranteed a starting spot and he will give the exact same answer.

Exactly...

Doesn't change the fact that whoever suited up for the Bills at WR was still open and open often.

Just because it wasn't Sammy out there isn't an excuse to not throw the ball to the open WR.

Lame excuses but keep trying!

You keep posting this crap over and over and over and over again...

link?

And how about more than just one play :flirt:

Remind me who was the scrub the Bills let go, that guy TT never threw too? I think he broke some kind of playoff record for his new team.

The shtick that TT needs "guys" is a load of ****.

I'm tired of making excuses for why our QB should be great.

So it upsets you when people use "excuses" of things that actually happened with Taylor to "defend" him but you're perfectly fine fabricating stats for Aaron Rodgers to defend him?

Okay then...

• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you throw the ball to bad receivers.........and guys like Powell and Tate are BAD receivers.......you are putting the ball in the hands of players who are likely to make mistakes........drops, batted up balls, fumbles.

The work by Cian Fahey supports my opinion on the matter.

The "Tyrod sucks" camp can think what they want........because they will be watching Tyrod again this season.

According to Fahey:

FAILED RECEPTION- 4th most by %

More stats here if anyone's interested:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/193755-qb-comparative-data-for-tyrod-from-cian-fahey-to-discuss/

The leaders of the CoT are out in full force. Time to retreat into the shadows before you all start to call me a hater.

You're the one in the shadows...

Shady as can be just making things up...

what if Peterman beats him out in training camp?

Awesome!!!

I'd be super excited!!!

But that's not happening :flirt:

He won't be handed it but it'll be pretty easy for him to win lolol

gonna be a weird season with supposedly 3 or 4 franchise type college QBs coming out next year. you want to win, but you really should lose, yikes who knows... just drink a lot of beer and ....

When you throw the ball to bad receivers.........and guys like Powell and Tate are BAD receivers.......you are putting the ball in the hands of players who are likely to make mistakes........drops, batted up balls, fumbles.

The work by Cian Fahey supports my opinion on the matter.

The "Tyrod sucks" camp can think what they want........because they will be watching Tyrod again this season.

Why did our WR's have one of the lowest drop percentages in the league then?

I can't see how both can be accurate.

More importantly, TT almost always had Sammy, Woods or Clay to throw to every game and that trio of receivers who are assuredly starter quality or higher always received the lion's share of targets.

Edited by jmc12290

No... they've said "here's a contract we'd like to give you because we think we can win with you as our QB but want to make sure before investing long term."

If TT wins the job and he plays well and the team is successful, we aren't drafting a QB in the 1st.

I can agree with that. But it's a big "IF."

You keep posting this crap over and over and over and over again...

link?

And how about more than just one play :flirt:

Is it not true, paper tiger?

The all 22 shows this, his coaches and fans at the games confirm this, media of all sorts say this.

So I guess to you it's not true without a link!

Gimme a break! :w00t:

True, he did. But ask yourself this: do you think anybody in the NFL would ever take TT over those guys?

Actually...Rivers and Big Ben are in the back end of their careers. I think TT is a better investment going forward.

I honestly don't see why people go that crazy for Carr.

Wilson...well, I would take him. Just note: the deal that he signed is the reason why the Seahawks went from being dominant from 2013-15 to barely crawling to wild cards.

Based on many peoples expectations of 7 wins total with TT.

If the team is 3-5 mid way through the season TT will get benched. What reason would there be to keek playing him?

And Kirby, I didn't say he would but what if.

What if Taylor is scoring 30+ points a game but the defense is giving up 40+?

I can agree with that. But it's a big "IF."

It's an "if..." I think Taylor winning the starting job is inevitable, so it's just if he can improve upon his 2016 campaign and look more like or better than 2015.

Possible. Not a long shot and not highly likely, but possible. Not a 5% chance and not a 95% chance. As always, reality lies in the middle.

The all 22 shows this, his coaches and fans at the games confirm this, media of all sorts say this.

The problem is your misrepresenation of the all 22......and what coaches say.....and fans and media really dont know anything because they are not coaches

Anything else?

Wah wah wah wah wah...

More of the same from you, which is just a shame. I give you the opportunity to provide me with proof that's so absolutely incredibly abundant that you shouldn't even have to do much legwork and you cop out calling me names and saying it's just so obvious everyone knows it.

Whatever. Every single QB in the NFL misses throws. Every one. From missing wide open WRs because of an inaccurate pass to just not throwing it to them.

My guess (has to be a guess since I haven't watched the All-22 for every single NFL QB in the NFL) is that Taylor misses more WRs running routes than the top 10-15 guys in the NFL, but how many more is the question...

And whether those (very few or very many) more missed throws outweighed the unique benefits Taylor brings to the game (like protecting the football and escape ability) is another question.

Call my arguments weak and call me names if you choose to resort to that, but I challenge you to try bother actually making an argument for once.

Why did our WR's have one of the lowest drop percentages in the league then?

I can't see how both can be accurate.

More importantly, TT almost always had Sammy, Woods or Clay to throw to every game and that trio of receivers who are assuredly starter quality or higher always received the lion's share of targets.

?

The problem is your misrepresenation of the all 22......and what coaches say.....and fans and media really dont know anything because they are not coaches

Anything else?

Wah wah wah wah wah...

More of the same from you, which is just a shame. I give you the opportunity to provide me with proof that's so absolutely incredibly abundant that you shouldn't even have to do much legwork and you cop out calling me names and saying it's just so obvious everyone knows it.

Whatever. Every single QB in the NFL misses throws. Every one. From missing wide open WRs because of an inaccurate pass to just not throwing it to them.

My guess (has to be a guess since I haven't watched the All-22 for every single NFL QB in the NFL) is that Taylor misses more WRs running routes than the top 10-15 guys in the NFL, but how many more is the question...

And whether those (very few or very many) more missed throws outweighed the unique benefits Taylor brings to the game (like protecting the football and escape ability) is another question.

Call my arguments weak and call me names if you choose to resort to that, but I challenge you to try bother actually making an argument for once.

Cruuuuuuuu

Saaaaaaade !

Wah wah wah wah wah...

There is also this thing called chemistry

My follow up question on this.....if TT is so physically unable to do some of the things people say he cannot do....then why was he doing them int he 2nd half of 2015

Last year he did not play as well....I think everyone would agree with that? What are some of you going to say if his performance picks back up.......it COULD happen

..I think he should be anointed the starter.....has clearly shown that his ability to process/scan the field has added a significant dimension to this offensive passing game....certainly can see opposing defenses being off guard as to whether Bflo runs the ball or calls upon their revered passing attack....keeping the defense off balance is the key and I think we have it.............