Tyrod will not be handed starting Job

MAJBobby

Unless he suffers an injury Tyrod Taylor will be the Bills starting Quarterback in week 1. What I do think this year is that the Bills will pull him out once the season is dead... I suspect we see some Peterman by the end of the year.

Well I have watched the all 22 on other Quarterbacks to compare and here are my conclusions:

- he holds the ball too long;

- he misses guys running open too often;

- he bails clean pockets more than any of the other "running QBs" - I watched Newton, Wilson and Smith specifically.

He can't be the long term answer. I put those chances at less than 1 in 10. Does that mean he sucks or isn't a top 20 / 22 Quarterback in the world? No it doesn't. But the contract reduction tells me the Bills don't believe he can be the long term answer either. It is right in the market for bridge contracts that Philly established last year when the retained Bradford. That is what the Bills think Tyrod is - a bridge - and he is a darn good bridge. But holding out hope that he is "our guy" is forlorn in my opinion.

You could be entirely right.....

or

Working with his old OC might actually get him to take that next step

This year is gonna tell a lot.....it looks to me like they are evaluating him this year with 2 1st round picks in hand in next year's draft

This is how everyone should view Transplant.

He believes his POV is correct and condemns every one else and their opinions. And on top of that, he will blast others that do the same things he does, except that they are on the other side of the fence in that they don't believe in Tyrod.

This guy is delusional, hypocritical, and so caught up in himself that it's impossible to legitimately discuss this topic with him.

It is not your place to tell others how they should view a poster......and you should seriously take a look in the mirror before even doing that

Doesn't fit paper tigers narrative so he resorts to condescension time and time again, but yeah i'm don with him.

It is no longer about football with him, it is a mental game to win with him. It's all about being right and trying to prove everyone else wrong with differing views. Why do you think he is a teacher, can impose his views on kids and they have no recourse or voice, just how bullies like it.

Who's got time for jerks like that.

I'll stop the All-22 WR were open, it's been discussed and proven time and time again to be true.

Winning the internet.....such a important thing.

And nothing has been proven to be true...no matter how hard you push it

• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a gut feeling Peterman is going to end up being pretty good. No actual reason for it, just old school gut

My gut tells me that he will also be good....but I think he is gonna be put in a position of success which will have a lot to do with it....he will not have immediate pressure on him which helps.

My gut tells me that he will also be good....but I think he is gonna be put in a position of success which will have a lot to do with it....he will not have immediate pressure on him which helps.

None,

this is Taylors team...

You have made numerous posts on with the same tone on this board and the other one.

Are you really this dense that you can't recognize it?

I'm a grown man. I can take tone. I assume we're all grown ups.

Once you insult me in my profession, which I've wanted to do since I was in 9th grade and still love doing after 13 years you're crossing a line.

I don't talk about your parenting skills. Stay the !@#$ out of my personal life like that.

I thought Old School was better than that regardless of our differences of opinion. And you just decided to jump on his back and continue.

plus I think we get a good look at what he really is this year with no excuses and a pretty good receiving core

Want really feelin it till we drafted Zay Jones.......if Sammy can do his thing with Zay on the other side throwing in Clay AND a big physical red zone target in Holmes backed up by experienced receivers in tate and the kid from Carolina.....this core is MUCH better then last year (would really like to see them add Bainridge for 2 TE sets)

but the targets are there.......I wanna see if Tyrod can biuld some chemistry and trust with them

......agree on Zay....hopefully the Listenbee kid is FINALLY healthy......had to be more to it than sports hernia surgery.....another intriguing kid is Logan Thomas.....George Wilson made a transition so why not lightning striking twice?...assume he has decent hands as a collegiate QB.......and with that size, he could be a runaway FREIGHTLINER down the seam..............

You guys are starting to sound like the government. Arguing and fighting like a bunch of little kids. This is a football conversation site thank you.

...perhaps you should translate......debate seems to be if TT is the incumbent or has to earn it....I must have missed YOUR memo.............

I just don't see the downside to "tyrods our guy but we challenge everyone else in the room to come after the starting spot"

It feels gimmicky to play it like they have at times... Just acknowledge there is a clear and obvious starter but that you love competition

Unless he suffers an injury Tyrod Taylor will be the Bills starting Quarterback in week 1. What I do think this year is that the Bills will pull him out once the season is dead... I suspect we see some Peterman by the end of the year.

Well I have watched the all 22 on other Quarterbacks to compare and here are my conclusions:

- he holds the ball too long;

- he misses guys running open too often;

- he bails clean pockets more than any of the other "running QBs" - I watched Newton, Wilson and Smith specifically.

He can't be the long term answer. I put those chances at less than 1 in 10. Does that mean he sucks or isn't a top 20 / 22 Quarterback in the world? No it doesn't. But the contract reduction tells me the Bills don't believe he can be the long term answer either. It is right in the market for bridge contracts that Philly established last year when the retained Bradford. That is what the Bills think Tyrod is - a bridge - and he is a darn good bridge. But holding out hope that he is "our guy" is forlorn in my opinion.

Gunner, I don't know anyone around here who's saying he's the long term answer. But I believe he'll be "the guy" this season. But no matter who it is, I'm going to root like hell for him because he'll be the Bills QB.

I just don't see the downside to "tyrods our guy but we challenge everyone else in the room to come after the starting spot"

It feels gimmicky to play it like they have at times... Just acknowledge there is a clear and obvious starter but that you love competition

I think that's what they've been saying. Tyrod will start as the starter but then it's based on performance.

Gunner, I don't know anyone around here who's saying he's the long term answer. But I believe he'll be "the guy" this season. But no matter who it is, I'm going to root like hell for him because he'll be the Bills QB.

...unconscionable for anyone to root against him or ANY kid for that matter in fighting to live their life long NFL dream....that would be the "Effed Up Gang" to drool over "I told you so"...at the same time, the passing game MUST become a viable alternative and weapon versus what the opposition's "D" gives you........right now, Bflo's offense consists of "run or done" with TT's wheels as a periodic bailout...nobody in this league sees Bflo's passing game as a threat IMO....

exactly. sounds like something Tomlin would say, or BB, or whoever. TT is the "presumptive starter." I suppose that if Peterson comes in and lights the world on fire in the preseason and training camp and TT is totally awful he could lose that "presumptive starter" role. Highly unlikely.

Then there's this:

"The Buffalo Bills have no idea what they're doing at Quaterback"

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/buffalo-bills-tyrod-taylor-brandon-beane-sean-mcdermott-quarterback-comments-quotes-051517

"The Bills are a complete mess, and the disconnect between McDermott and Beane has proved exactly that. After just a week together, they don’t seem to know who will be the team’s starter for years to come, let alone in Week 1."

I guess he *doesn't* like the idea of an open competition? Some people can't help but read into every word... :D

....so who would be NOT in favor of Peterman coming in, being the lights out starter and having TWO 1sts in 2018 for other needs?.....guess one can dream.............

I'd love that just as much as I'd love Taylor playing really well this year and demonstrating he can be the long term answer and having those 2 firsts for other needs, as well.

There are some who seem genuinely opposed to Taylor being the answer no matter how well he plays, though.

I think that's what they've been saying. Tyrod will start as the starter but then it's based on performance.

I've seen them come close a few times, and come up short a few times.

For a guy that got beat up at the end of last season and into the offseason-- I think it would go a long way with him and the locker room to get behind him a bit more loud and proud at this point. Just an opinion there.