Tyrod will not be handed starting Job

MAJBobby

Okay then....you believe McDermott isn't telling the truth about the competition.

There is bias and then there are extreme bias....you're the latter.

Pretty sure TT job is safe for 2017. If Peterman is the gem in the draft that everyone thinks he is, 2018 could be different. I hope he is a gem, because we will have the long term starter. But I still like TT for now.

• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that Taylor is but that McDermott believes he is...

Tell me... which of those 2 statements do you think are more true?

If you think I believe if Taylor struggles a lot this summer he's still penciled in as the starter, I don't. Others have provided very good explanations for what kind of a competition this will likely be, and it's not as a truly "open" one the way it was between EJ, Tyrod, and Cassel. That I agree with.

I'm human. I'm biased. You clearly are, too. That doesn't mean it blinds me.

I respect Teefle and Bang, but you-the guy who claimed he could have thrown the ball and Watkins would have had the same numbers in 2015-you are as biased as biased can be. Let me know how the QB tryout goes.

Co rookie crusaders of the year.

Co rookie crusaders of the year.

lol. According to Crusher, the QB makes the WR. So then TT had no excuse in 2016 even with the depleted core. However with Watkins in 2015, it became a different story from him.

Pretty sure TT job is safe for 2017. If Peterman is the gem in the draft that everyone thinks he is, 2018 could be different. I hope he is a gem, because we will have the long term starter. But I still like TT for now.

As I stated earlier, I think TT is penciled in as the starter. I think Beane was telling the truth that if the season started today, it would be Taylor.

I think that Taylor will clearly be the #1 in camp, he won't be splitting much reps with the other QB's. He will some but not anywhere close to an equal split.

If Taylor starts slipping or if Peterman just knocks it out of the park early on....then it'll be a "true" competition.

Basically its Taylor's job now but he can lose it.

As I stated earlier, I think TT is penciled in as the starter. I think Beane was telling the truth that if the season started today, it would be Taylor.

I think that Taylor will clearly be the #1 in camp, he won't be splitting much reps with the other QB's. He will some but not anywhere close to an equal split.

If Taylor starts slipping or if Peterman just knocks it out of the park early on....then it'll be a "true" competition.

I agree with that. Peterman is a very interesting draft pick. And for Transplant-I still like TT a lot, but if there is better on the roster, then he needs to play if ready. We'll see. This draft and the FO changes have brought a spark of hope from OBD.

well said Tee, and as it should be,

I just look at it like... if our defense wasn't garbage... we don't go 1-5 in the division. NYJ game 1 and both Miami games are for the taking. That's 10-6 and possibly playoffs.

We had 30 First downs and almost 600 yards... and no turnovers. And still lost to Miami week 16.

Fitz shredded us for 300+ yards. We had the return by NRC for a TD, but that doesn't counter the fact that they marched up and down the field all game long to the tune of about 500 yards.

8 games of 27 or more points allowed. 3 games of 200+ yard rushers. 7 games with no takeaways.

Do I think TT is the answer, no... not really. But unless the defense stops being terrible, it doesn't matter who plays QB. Maybe the loser defensive players shouldn't be handed starting jobs.

I just look at it like... if our defense wasn't garbage... we don't go 1-5 in the division. NYJ game 1 and both Miami games are for the taking. That's 10-6 and possibly playoffs.

We had 30 First downs and almost 600 yards... and no turnovers. And still lost to Miami week 16.

Fitz shredded us for 300+ yards. We had the return by NRC for a TD, but that doesn't counter the fact that they marched up and down the field all game long to the tune of about 500 yards.

8 games of 27 or more points allowed. 3 games of 200+ yard rushers. 7 games with no takeaways.

Do I think TT is the answer, no... not really. But unless the defense stops being terrible, it doesn't matter who plays QB. Maybe the loser defensive players shouldn't be handed starting jobs.

Sounds like the same issue Drew Brees has down in NOLA.

And before anyone attempts to claim it, No, I'm not comparing TT to Drew Brees. I'm just saying even with an elite QB, you still need to have some semblance of an NFL caliber defense.

Edited by Captain Murica

Sounds like the same issue Drew Brees has down in NOLA.

And before anyone attempts claim it, No, I'm not comparing TT to Drew Brees. I'm just saying even with an elite QB, you still need to have some semblance of an NFL caliber defense.

Everyone has to admit - Tyrod played very well against seattle and in Miami 2. Thats a fact that can't be denied.

We lost both games because our defense can't tackle, line up correctly, or generally cover anyone. We even had special teams breakdowns in both games.

Edited by dneveu

Everyone has to admit - Tyrod played very well against seattle and in Miami 2. Thats a fact that can't be denied.

We lost both games because our defense can't tackle, line up correctly, or generally cover anyone. We even had special teams breakdowns in both games.

I think most of the ANTI-Tyrod crowd will just rebuttal that he needs to show more of that. They'll bring up the Oakland game, Miami game(in Miami), Ravens game, and Pittsburgh game(even though Big Ben had a horrible game as well). In which 2 of the aforementioned games the team had a double-digit point lead late in the 3rd quarter.

He's picking and choosing what to believe is the truth or not to fit his narrative.

McD "there is an open competition". LIE

McD "Taylor is our QB of the future". TRUTH

No, it's so sad that this is what you resort to. What you said about me regarding the whole "fairly intelligent person" with the "bias" qualifier applies completely to you, as well.

I'm going to give you a hint, you're wrong about your perception of me, I'm MUCH more in the middle than you think I am, but because you're seemingly so far in left field with Crusher and Old School and their ilk, you take anyone who's in the middle who says something that has potentially positive connotations about Taylor as a Taylor homer.

McDermott is telling the truth in both of those situations, to a degree.

It's an open competition in the sense that he's open to starting one of the other QBs if they really WOW him and/or Taylor struggles mightily

BUT

McDermott, having studied the tape on Taylor from the previous 2 seasons and watched and interacted with Taylor so far, believes Taylor is the QB of the future, which is why that was his immediate response in the MMQB interview.

Both. Are. True.

Is it not a valid question? How can McD call Tyrod "the QB of the future" and yet be prepared to dump him in a year if he's not impressed?

Read above...

No, it's so sad that this is what you resort to. What you said about me regarding the whole "fairly intelligent person" with the "bias" qualifier applies completely to you, as well.

I'm going to give you a hint, you're wrong about your perception of me, I'm MUCH more in the middle than you think I am, but because you're seemingly so far in left field with Crusher and Old School and their ilk, you take anyone who's in the middle who says something that has potentially positive connotations about Taylor as a Taylor homer.

It's an open competition in the sense that he's open to starting one of the other QBs if they really WOW him and/or Taylor struggles mightily

BUT

McDermott, having studied the tape on Taylor from the previous 2 seasons and watched and interacted with Taylor so far, believes Taylor is the QB of the future, which is why that was his immediate response in the MMQB interview.

Both. Are. True.

Read above...

Why would anyone dump somebody they believe in strongly as the QB of the future after one down year?

My money is on Peterman starting opening day, he can see the field and operate an NFL system. Tyrod doesn't know what he's looking at and doesn't see his receivers. Tyrod improvises and runs around, Peterman will release the ball on time and operate within the system and will win the favor of the coaches is my best guess. We'll see! Go Bills

I wouldn't bet on it. Tyrod knows Dennisons system better than any QB on the roster. Furthermore he was likely the reason Dennison was even brought in. Banking on Peterman who may be the most pro-ready QB drafted but hasn't played a single down in the NFL , is a long shot at best. I don't understand why fans want to move on to a rookie when our offense wasn't the problem last year. Tyrod will win this QB battle hands down, it won't even be close. I'm expecting Yates to be released if we only carry 3 QBs. Cardale is a project with intangibles NFL teams drool for. Peterman is smart but limited in arm strength and could surprise me by developing the strength necessary to become a franchise guy, down the road. Yates is good for the QB room and that's about it.

This is Tyrods team until further notice and saying there is a competition for starter status will only fuel the competitive fire.

I wouldn't bet on it. Tyrod knows Dennisons system better than any QB on the roster. Furthermore he was likely the reason Dennison was even brought in. Banking on Peterman who may be the most pro-ready QB drafted but hasn't played a single down in the NFL , is a long shot at best. I don't understand why fans want to move on to a rookie when our offense wasn't the problem last year. Tyrod will win this QB battle hands down, it won't even be close. I'm expecting Yates to be released if we only carry 3 QBs. Cardale is a project with intangibles NFL teams drool for. Peterman is smart but limited in arm strength and could surprise me by developing the strength necessary to become a franchise guy, down the road. Yates is good for the QB room and that's about it.

This is Tyrods team until further notice and saying there is a competition for starter status will only fuel the competitive fire.

Because they think you do not need a decent defense to win in this league.

I think most of the ANTI-Tyrod crowd will just rebuttal that he needs to show more of that. They'll bring up the Oakland game, Miami game(in Miami), Ravens game, and Pittsburgh game(even though Big Ben had a horrible game as well). In which 2 of the aforementioned games the team had a double-digit point lead late in the 3rd quarter.

Sure - he needed to be better in those games. That can be agreed upon. But there are a bunch of other reasons we lost those games.

But we couldn't get a stop, and couldn't punt in that oakland game either.

In the Miami game we gave a huge play to Landry and 200+ rushing to Ajayi. We also couldn't run the ball at all.

In the Ravens game our offensive line played like garbage. As well as the rest of the offense.

Pittsburgh? See Leveon Bell. 236 and 3 tds and another 62 through the air. Absolutely embarrassing. Another game where we couldn't move the ball on the ground.

TT is part of the problem. But those saying we're saved by a QB may be missing some of the bigger picture.

Brady did amazing down the stretch to win the super bowl. You know who else did? Their defense... 1-8 on 3rd downs through the entire game. Only 17 1st downs.

Edited by dneveu

Sure - he needed to be better in those games. That can be agreed upon. But there are a bunch of other reasons we lost those games.

But we couldn't get a stop, and couldn't punt in that oakland game either.

In the Miami game we gave a huge play to Landry and 200+ rushing to Ajayi. We also couldn't run the ball at all.

In the Ravens game our offensive line played like garbage. As well as the rest of the offense.

Pittsburgh? See Leveon Bell. 236 and 3 tds and another 62 through the air. Absolutely embarrassing. Another game where we couldn't move the ball on the ground.

TT is part of the problem. But those saying we're saved by a QB may be missing some of the bigger picture.

I agree with all of this. I'm just getting you prepared for the storm that will becoming :lol:

BUT

Both. Are. True.

Read above...

LOL...whatever.

I'm not the only who just saw this double standard you just applied. Others just in this thread have commented on it...more than just Crusher and I. It was as clear as day but you just can't admit it....you're too stubborn.

You're not in the middle, you never were or are. Just because you say you are, your actions speak something else. I'm not the only one who sees it....not by a long shot. Two different message boards have pointed this out.