Tyrod will not be handed starting Job

MAJBobby

• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for all the inarguables stated in this thread, there sure seems to be an awful lot of arguing.

:flirt:

Taylor will not start every game in '17.

...he needs to finally demonstrate the ability to take command of the entire field with his reads and progressions.....if this club continues to show the passing game is not a viable alternative to beat the opposition when the game is on the line, where are we going?......if memory serves me, Pegula wa sitting in his office watching post game highlights in 2015 after a Buffalo loss just prior to the London game.....at least two backup QB's had 300 yard passing days and led their clubs to victories.....Ryan and Roman happened to be walking by his office and he called them in....question was "why can't our guys do this"?.....no answer.....if the running game was shut down and his scrambling was contained, are you confident that he could be called upon to lead Buffalo to victory with the passing game consistently?..............

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

Why not? He missed two in 2015 because of that illegal hit. Last season he would have missed none if he had played the last game like he should have.

because, he is not the answer.

you've seen him play, right?

Trading up in the 2nd round for a solid #4 WR is how you win the offseason

The quote below from another thread discussing the drafted players seemed much more rational than the poor attempt at humor above.

How could anyone possibly know this right now? That's kinda my point. Just because you were drafted early and are projected to start does not mean you had a great draft. If that were the case then pretty much every team every year has great drafts.

It is when moments later he rowed back massively from that statement and when you look at the actual action of an offseason in which that same coach had personnel control and they halved Taylor's contract and gave him, in real terms, a $10m paycut for the next two years.

In what world are they the actions of a man who thinks he has his QB of the future?

I repeat again, that is not to say that if my option B above plays out the Bills couldn't still change their mind and give Tyrod a 3rd new deal in three years.

But judging the Bills on their actions and to an extent their words this offseason they judge Tyrod Taylor as a bridge. It really is inarguable.

Whatever you say, Boss :flirt:

I'm using that statement to say that just because a coach or GM says something, doesn't make it true.

Like GB says, actions speak louder than words. The Bills didn't want TT back at his original price point. His original price point was low end franchise level compensation. Ergo, they did not believe he was worth low end franchise level compensation. No matter what they say.

Okay then. I guess it's just inarguable as you guys profess.

McDermott lied.

He must have brought up Taylor's name without being prompted to even mention a QBs name on the roster as part of a grand master plan having to do with finding a way to find a Franchise QB not named Tyord Taylor.

God it. Thanks for clearing that up :thumbsup:

Whatever you say, Boss :flirt:

Okay then. I guess it's just inarguable as you guys profess.

McDermott lied.

He must have brought up Taylor's name without being prompted to even mention a QBs name on the roster as part of a grand master plan having to do with finding a way to find a Franchise QB not named Tyord Taylor.

God it. Thanks for clearing that up :thumbsup:

Yikes.

Simple logic would dictate that McD probably said what he said to give some confidence to his starting QB. But I guess rather than face the truth, you throw a childish tantrum like the bolded.

Edited by jmc12290

...what exactly would be to McD's benefit to telegraph his intentions NOW?...free press?....Sullivan cannon fodder?...didn't Blowhard Wrecks telegraph "we will be a run first offense" with ONE freaking stallion in the stable ala Shady?.....GM's and HC's league wide shook in their collective boots....then again, they knew the bloviating source.....ever heard Belichick "advertise" what he'll be doing in the upcoming season?.......

Yikes.

Simple logic would dictate that McD probably said what he said to give some confidence to his starting QB. But I guess rather than face the truth, you throw a childish tantrum like the bolded.

That's a tantrum?

You're really sensitive.

And no, that's not simple logic... or I should say it's not definitive logic as you seem to think it is. It's just one interpretation of why he said what he said. It's a reasonable interpretation, just like believing he said what he meant is.

Edited by transplantbillsfan

That's a tantrum?

You're really sensitive.

And no, that's not simple logic. It's just one interpretation of why he said what he said. It's a reasonable interpretation, just like believing he said what he meant is.

Yeah, it was clearly a childlike tantrum.

Im not doing that....this thread has gotten to long

Since you are telling another poster to stop whining maybe its encumbant on you to explain it? Or stop telling poster's to stop whining.

He got it. If you don't get it, you can reread.

Zay Jones is far better than a number four. He is a solid number two. he's better than Woods.

That is far from being proven.

My guess is he puts up similar numbers, but to say he's better than Woods is purely speculation on your part.

Players who become great are the ones who rise to challenges and face down adversity. Taylor is that kind of man. He may not become our franchise QB but whoever does, I want them to have Taylor's leadership and work ethic.