Tyrod will not be handed starting Job

MAJBobby

Greg Roman and Lynn were the only reason TT had as much success as he did, IMO.

That narrative will soon change once Dennyson carries on the trend I think

Rick Dennison was also with Houston when they drafted Yates in 2011. Just saying that they too have a relationship.

You forgot to say that --- it is not playoff worthy either.

Would be if the D didnt roll over every week

• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How are they risking losing him?

Taylor is our's for the next 4 years if he's playing to the level where the Bills want to franchise him. This is the best contract the Bills could ask for.

Shaw thinks this contract is a win for Taylor based on what his agent friend said. And while I respect his opinion and credibility and do think Taylor is "betting on himself" to a certain degree, I think Taylor wanted to stay with the Bills more than some folks are willing to accept (because pro athletes go where the most money is!) and he showed his hand the moment he opened himself to restructuring on clean out day. It's the whole art of the deal thing... once he showed any level of willingness, of course McDermott is going to try to get him to take less money if he can free up money at other positions of need. It's not like he's built a significant relationship with Taylor that can't be repaired.

Sorry, but that's just what I think happened. And it's reasonable even if you disagree. Your opinion is reasonable, too, even though I disagree. What's irritating is when posters say that an opinion is unarguable when, in fact, it's merely speculation.

That is a mighty big IF

Rick Dennison was also with Houston when they drafted Yates in 2011. Just saying that they too have a relationship.

You forgot to say that --- it is not playoff worthy either.

Better defense and the Bills make the playoffs in 2016 instead of Miami. TT is capable of taking a solid team to the playoffs. maybe a WC round and one win is his limit. So terrible. Our standards should be much higher for the near future, right? SMH

A symptom of a extremely productive running game?

Maybe the Bills can come up with a new inventive playbook for these types of posters-be the only NFL team that is allowed to run the ball and then toss the ball to the QB and he completes a pass, all in one play. lol

That narrative will soon change once Dennyson carries on the trend I think

Would be if the D didnt roll over every week

John, the Bill total Defense was ranked 19th and yes you could put the blame on them. but....

Please tell me about the Raiders Defense ranked 26th or Atlanta's 25th ranking, or Miami's 29th ranking, KC's 24th, GB's 22nd? All playoff teams with a worse rated defense than the Bills

I believe that should shine a light on the "lets blame the defense" excuse.

Better defense and the Bills make the playoffs in 2016 instead of Miami. TT is capable of taking a solid team to the playoffs. maybe a WC round and one win is his limit. So terrible. Our standards should be much higher for the near future, right? SMH

SEE ABOVE

We all know that the Bills passing attempts have been low, but portraying 28 attempts per game as 20ish? C'mon man.

I hate to keep bringing up these negative stats because it makes people think I'm a hater. It's the reality people want to ignore.

How many games have the Bills won when TT throws for 30 or more times? 1-3? 3-5? 5 or more?

in 2016 - 7 games of 30 or more passes and 1 Win. That Win netted 16 points against the Patriots with an injured 3rd string QB.

2015 wasn't any better.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

John, the Bill total Defense was ranked 19th and yes you could put the blame on them. but....

Please tell me about the Raiders Defense ranked 26th or Atlanta's 25th ranking, or Miami's 29th ranking, KC's 24th, GB's 22nd? All playoff teams with a worse rated defense than the Bills

SEE ABOVE

The defense gave up big leads and got gouged in the running game. While the offense didn't turn the ball over, the defense wasn't taking the ball away nearly enough in 2016. Just little details.That last Miami OT loss falls on the defense and ST. terrible.

SEE ABOVE

I hate to keep bringing up these negative stats because it makes people think I'm a hater. It's the reality people want to ignore.

How many games have the Bills won when TT throws for 30 or more times? 1-3? 3-5? 5 or more?

in 2016 - 7 games of 30 or more passes and 1 Win. That Win netted 16 points against the Patriots with an injured 3rd string QB.

2015 wasn't any better.

I thought TT played against NE's starting defense on the road, not their third string QB. Week before it was nobody can beat NE no matter who plays QB.

How are they risking losing him?

Taylor is our's for the next 4 years if he's playing to the level where the Bills want to franchise him. This is the best contract the Bills could ask for.

Shaw thinks this contract is a win for Taylor based on what his agent friend said. And while I respect his opinion and credibility and do think Taylor is "betting on himself" to a certain degree, I think Taylor wanted to stay with the Bills more than some folks are willing to accept (because pro athletes go where the most money is!) and he showed his hand the moment he opened himself to restructuring on clean out day. It's the whole art of the deal thing... once he showed any level of willingness, of course McDermott is going to try to get him to take less money if he can free up money at other positions of need. It's not like he's built a significant relationship with Taylor that can't be repaired.

Sorry, but that's just what I think happened. And it's reasonable even if you disagree. Your opinion is reasonable, too, even though I disagree. What's irritating is when posters say that an opinion is unarguable when, in fact, it's merely speculation.

How did they risk losing him? Because the Bills slashed his contract just 8 months after signing it. He had the option of not accepting the new restructured contract and pursue other opportunities once the FA period began. The ball was in Tyrod's court and he could have easily said "no" and became a free agent. It was discussed between Tyrod and his agent and they both agreed the Bills option was the best to take just two days before the deadline....those are Tyrod's words.

McDermott knows the importance of the QB position, he's said it. And with this position of importance, he is paying our starter one of the lowest in the league for veteran starters.

He said he was opening to restructuring but never said paycut....they are different. Charles Clay restructured but didn't take a paycut. Tyrod did both. Why do you think it took so long to agree to this if he just really wanted to be in Buffalo? Why was his agent having early discussions (that is tampering) at the combine with other teams if he just wanted to be in Buffalo?

The only way Tyrod is our QB for the next 4 years is if he lights it up on the field. If he plays like he did the last 2 years, they aren't picking up the remaining years of the contract. They've given themselves room to walk away....again.

That's what it averaged out to. That was not the game plan.

lol This offense was built to be a heavy running team. It was not and is not built to win shootouts.

So, to be clear, you're defending the following

I doubt it. I'm afraid TT throwing 20ish times a game was a symptom, not a problem.

by saying that the "20ish" attempts was the Bills' intended amount of passes rather than his actual attempts?

Look, I am (and have been) over debating Tyrod, but please use proper facts when you make statements about things that are documented such as attempts per game. All it does is make you look silly and weaken your argument. Our offense was run heavy and stayed right in the 29/31 or 28/32 pass/run split for the entirety of 2 seasons.

2015 wasn't any better.

I understand that. I also understand that, generally speaking, teams that are ahead tend run the ball and teams that are behind tend to pass the ball, which means that stat has an inherent skew. How much? I don't know. But my opinion on it is that we typically went into games planning on 30 passes and 30 runs, and if the final split varied much from that it probably correlated with how the game went for the Bills.

lol This offense was built to be a heavy running team. It was not and is not built to win shootouts.

Because it can't win shootouts. That's the point.

So, to be clear, you're defending the following

by saying that the "20ish" attempts was the Bills' intended amount of passes rather than his actual attempts?

Look, I am (and have been) over debating Tyrod, but please use proper facts when you make statements about things that are documented such as attempts per game. All it does is make you look silly and weaken your argument. Our offense was run heavy and stayed right in the 29/31 or 28/32 pass/run split for the entirety of 2 seasons.

I understand that. I also understand that, generally speaking, teams that are ahead tend run the ball and teams that are behind tend to pass the ball, which means that stat has an inherent skew. How much? I don't know. But my opinion on it is that we typically went into games planning on 30 passes and 30 runs, and if the final split varied much from that it probably correlated with how the game went for the Bills.

Everyone and their mother knew what I meant by 20ish. Picking nits doesn't invalidate the spirit of my argument to anybody except the ones who look for any little victory in a sea of defeat.

Everyone and their mother knew what I meant by 20ish. Picking nits doesn't invalidate the spirit of my argument to anybody except the ones who look for any little victory in a sea of defeat.

Last Miami game was a shootout of types. Game should have been won with a minute to play. Defense, ST blew it. Overall, no, this offense is built on running the football, not passing for high attempts. The talent at WR is not there for shootout games. The O line is an excellent run blocking line, pass blocking not so much.

"It's difficult to figure out how to write about Tyrod Taylor. Did you know that, among quarterbacks who've played at least 20 games the past two seasons, he ranks fourth in touchdown/interception ratio, seventh in Total QBR and 11th in yards per attempt and has the third-fewest interceptions? No, I'll bet you didn't know that.

Taylor is clearly a better player than a lot of people want to believe he is, yet he hasn't risen to the point where he inspires any level of confidence that he's a franchise guy. Add an all-new coaching staff and front office in Buffalo, and the team itself probably doesn't yet know how it's supposed to feel about its quarterback situation." ESPN

SEE ABOVE

2015 wasn't any better.

We have been over this

The cursory wave at the defensive woes and then moving onto why the offense didnt overcome it just doesnt work

Why? Because that is how our team was biult......run the ball....dont turn the ball over....play great defense...that was the way the team was contructed because we DONT have a franchise qb.

That is not Tyrod's fault...he is what he is...a middling system qb. Would we all LIKE to have a franchise qb? You bet...they dont sit on the end ile down at the local wall mart.....