Tyrod will not be handed starting Job

MAJBobby

• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that pretty well covers it, but I'm a little more optimistic than you are that we will be closer to scenario 1 than to the other two.

I am very confident it will be the first scenario. I'd put the chances of A at 75% and then split the difference between B and C.

I've said this before and I'll say it again, the only thing standing between Tyrod Taylor and Cam Newton is 4 inches in height and 4 points on the wonderlic.(IMO)

The right system and supporting cast can help bridge the gap in my humble opinion.

I realize thats probably not how you view the situation Shady,

and with all due respect.

I bought the Bills digest today, and all -which includes Chris Brown-state that Taylor has the starting job locked up for 2017.

Let's make this simple:

1. Taylor goes into camp as the #1. If he has a good to great year we have our guy. A good outcome.

2. Taylor gets outplayed by Peterman or Jones, and one of the younger guys grabs the job through their performance. Then TT can be traded to another QB needy team. A good outcome.

3. TT doesn't earn a long term deal and the young guys are still questionable. Use the two first round picks with maybe others and draft the guy you want next year. Good outcome.

....simple but dead on......good show...........

It's inarguable to say that the Bills don't view Tyrod Taylor as the QB of the future even though McDermott, when asked directly if the QB of the future is on the roster currently, his immediate response was "He is. In Tyrod Taylor." ...

It is when moments later he rowed back massively from that statement and when you look at the actual action of an offseason in which that same coach had personnel control and they halved Taylor's contract and gave him, in real terms, a $10m paycut for the next two years.

In what world are they the actions of a man who thinks he has his QB of the future?

I repeat again, that is not to say that if my option B above plays out the Bills couldn't still change their mind and give Tyrod a 3rd new deal in three years.

But judging the Bills on their actions and to an extent their words this offseason they judge Tyrod Taylor as a bridge. It really is inarguable.

Ummm... and... ?

Are you trying to use that statement to say that not some, but ALL statements out of a coach's mouth are 100% false?

Are you using that statement somehow as proof that McDermott means the opposite of what he says?

I'm using that statement to say that just because a coach or GM says something, doesn't make it true.

Like GB says, actions speak louder than words. The Bills didn't want TT back at his original price point. His original price point was low end franchise level compensation. Ergo, they did not believe he was worth low end franchise level compensation. No matter what they say.

I am very confident it will be the first scenario. I'd put the chances of A at 75% and then split the difference between B and C.

Sorry, I meant to say I am a little more optimistic than you are that it will be scenario number 2.

Today's news is tomorrow's trash.

You do know who pays CB's bills.

Pardon the pun.

Peterman could be the gem of the draft, but I doubt he outplays Taylor this season. Yates and Jones not a chance.

for all the inarguables stated in this thread, there sure seems to be an awful lot of arguing.

:flirt:

Peterman could be the gem of the draft, but I doubt he outplays Taylor this season. Yates and Jones not a chance.

Taylor will not start every game in '17.

Edited by Foxx

for all the inarguables stated in this thread, there sure seems to be an awful lot of arguing.

:flirt:

Taylor will not start every game in '17.

Why not? He missed two in 2015 because of that illegal hit. Last season he would have missed none if he had played the last game like he should have.