Tyrod will not be handed starting Job

MAJBobby

The Bills do not think Tyrod is the Quarterback of the future. You do not make someone take a pay cut and halve their contract length if you think that.

Actions > words. Their actions are clear - they think he is their best option now and a good bridge Quarterback. And they are 100% correct in my eyes.

Got it, Boss :thumbsup:

sarcasm doens;t translate well.

on the chance that it was sarcasm ...

for crying out loud transplant. He's 100% right.

Why do you continue to accept the truth of it?

on the chance that it wasn't sarcasm ...

Glad to see you come around.

Let's make this simple:

1. Taylor goes into camp as the #1. If he has a good to great year we have our guy. A good outcome.

2. Taylor gets outplayed by Peterman or Jones, and one of the younger guys grabs the job through their performance. Then TT can be traded to another QB needy team. A good outcome.

3. TT doesn't earn a long term deal and the young guys are still questionable. Use the two first round picks with maybe others and draft the guy you want next year. Good outcome.

1. Ding

2. Ding

3. Ding

• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sarcasm doens;t translate well.

on the chance that it was sarcasm ...

for crying out loud transplant. He's 100% right.

Why do you continue to accept the truth of it?

on the chance that it wasn't sarcasm ...

Glad to see you come around.

1. Ding

2. Ding

3. Ding

Maybe because Gunner is making a definative statement before the season even starts

Maybe because Gunner is making a definative statement before the season even starts

A definitive statement about how the Bills see Tyrod Taylor now. It is really inarguable. Could he change their minds by knocking it out of the park in 2017? Sure. I don't expect that but there is a chance he could.

trantsplantbillsfan has always looked at Taylor as the best option available which is true in IMO.

Myself personally,

The impression I'm getting is expectations are very high on Taylor from the people that matter most with the Buffalo Bills.

trantsplantbillsfan has always looked at Taylor as the best option available which is true in IMO.

Myself personally,

The impression I'm getting is expectations are very high on Taylor from the people that matter most with the Buffalo Bills.

Very few will argue against that and those that do IMO s/b ignored.

New HC, new GM etc etc ... they want their own guys.

IF Taylor had a passing game there would be little doubt to his qualifications.

They know what limitations there are to the run first mentality and a scrambling TT.

TT's first extension was written is such a way that he had to prove himself last year to get a long term deal done. That didn't happen and now the deal was reset.

Very few will argue against that and those that do IMO s/b ignored.

New HC, new GM etc etc ... they want their own guys.

IF Taylor had a passing game there would be little doubt to his qualifications.

They know what limitations there are to the run first mentality and a scrambling TT.

TT's first extension was written is such a way that he had to prove himself last year to get a long term deal done. That didn't happen and now the deal was reset.

I've said this before and I'll say it again, the only thing standing between Tyrod Taylor and Cam Newton is 4 inches in height and 4 points on the wonderlic.(IMO)

The right system and supporting cast can help bridge the gap in my humble opinion.

I realize thats probably not how you view the situation Shady,

and with all due respect.

Edited by Figster

I suppose I'd ask what plays well means John. I see 3 possible scenarios:

A - The most likely - Tyrod is pretty much the Quarterback we have seen so far and plays reasonably well as we end around .500. In my mind in that scenario the Bills keep Tyrod for the 2nd year of his contract even at the higher salary and draft a Quarterback in round 1. Tyrod starts 2018 as the starter and probably reliquinshes to the rookie at some point and is a FA in 2019.

B - Tyrod hits it out of the park in 2017, throws for more yards, more touchdowns, a few more picks but wins the Bills games frequently. In that scenario I think the Bills try and extend him and don't take a Quarterback in round 1 and whether they take one in rounds 2 and 3 depends on how much they like Peterman.

C - Tyrod regresses in the new offense when the run game doesn't click and he is forced to try and win more games in his arm. In that scenario I think the Bills bench him wih 5 or 6 games left cut ties at the end of 2017 swallow the cap hit and draft a Quarterback in round 1 who competes with Peterman to start in 2018.

This.

A - The most likely - Tyrod is pretty much the Quarterback we have seen so far and plays reasonably well as we end around .500. In my mind in that scenario the Bills keep Tyrod for the 2nd year of his contract even at the higher salary and draft a Quarterback in round 1. Tyrod starts 2018 as the starter and probably reliquinshes to the rookie at some point and is a FA in 2019.

B - Tyrod hits it out of the park in 2017, throws for more yards, more touchdowns, a few more picks but wins the Bills games frequently. In that scenario I think the Bills try and extend him and don't take a Quarterback in round 1 and whether they take one in rounds 2 and 3 depends on how much they like Peterman.

C - Tyrod regresses in the new offense when the run game doesn't click and he is forced to try and win more games in his arm. In that scenario I think the Bills bench him wih 5 or 6 games left cut ties at the end of 2017 swallow the cap hit and draft a Quarterback in round 1 who competes with Peterman to start in 2018.

I think that pretty well covers it, but I'm a little more optimistic than you are that we will be closer to scenario 1 than to the other two. Edited by mannc

I've said this before and I'll say it again, the only thing standing between Tyrod Taylor and Cam Newton is 4 inches in height and 4 points on the wonderlic.(IMO)

The right system and supporting cast can help bridge the gap in my humble opinion.

I realize thats probably not how you view the situation Shady,

and with all due respect.

No problem Fig. Understood.

I'd have to look and see what Cam's passing #'s are and how he presents himself in those situations.

I'd agree Cam is good. Great? Not sure about that.

Q? which one had the better test score?

I'm not knocking Taylor to insult him. I'm mentioning the things I'd love to see him improve on.

This is season 3 in Buffalo. In my book this is the season he has to remove all doubts.

I can agree with all of this. But if Taylor is more the 2015 Taylor in terms of production than 2016, I doubt we draft a QB in round 1.

A definitive statement about how the Bills see Tyrod Taylor now. It is really inarguable. Could he change their minds by knocking it out of the park in 2017? Sure. I don't expect that but there is a chance he could.

It's inarguable to say that the Bills don't view Tyrod Taylor as the QB of the future even though McDermott, when asked directly if the QB of the future is on the roster currently, his immediate response was "He is. In Tyrod Taylor." ...?

And yes, I was being sarcastic before :flirt:

I can agree with all of this. But if Taylor is more the 2015 Taylor in terms of production than 2016, I doubt we draft a QB in round 1.

It's inarguable to say that the Bills don't view Tyrod Taylor as the QB of the future even though McDermott, when asked directly if the QB of the future is on the roster currently, his immediate response was "He is. In Tyrod Taylor." ...?

And yes, I was being sarcastic before :flirt:

"We have no plans to trade Stevie Johnson."