Andre Holmes officially signed

I'd love him or Cunningham first round,after trading down.

Godwin,and an extra pick, say...Jourdan Lewis,in the second

And a safety in the third

Ot/Qb in the fifth

And in the sixth,

Speed...on either side of the ball

I like Cunningham as well. In the 2nd I'd go Godwin or Lewis but Melifonwu out of UConn is intriguing at safety. Love his size and athleticism

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right now I kinda like trading down and getting Haason Reddick in the first.

I love this signing, I don't think the Bills draft a WR high after locking up Holmes for four years. Holmes should be an upgrade over Woods in our offence (I feel like Tyrod will do better with big WRs). Should be a solid #2/3, I wouldn't mind adding a guy like Chad Hansen in the third. He might be my favorite WR in the draft.

It is looking more and more likely we add a LB in round 1. I think the Bills will try to trade down and draft Cunningham or Reddick. If there are no trade partners they may stay put and draft Foster. Whaley loves his Alabama prospects.

Look for CB in round 2, Tabor might fall to us. He would be a great fit for a zone scheme, the guy is the best play making DB in the draft.

i know that you like Woods....I do to

but availability is the best quality a player can have....and Woods for two years in a row has been dealing with that groin. He is a tough player to even be playing as he did not it.

He is not magically gonna get healthy because he went to play for the Rams.

Holmes (as i keep saying he has been on the tv a lot in my house) is a quality player....I thought before they brought in Crabtree he was gonna be the Raider's number 2 and was highly thought of....its difficult to know what he will mean to this team.

I think Holmes is a good get. He's a solid 3 (whatever that means in reality anymore) and a great special teams player. I'm glad you've had the opportunity to watch him and I appreciate your take on him. I'm impressed by his ability to high point the ball and win battles from what little I've seen.

As for Woods? He's gone and we are moving on.

I'm not sure how people can look at our WRs and not think it's one of the highest areas of need even after these signings.

I can see a TE before a WR in the first round. Though I think the defense will be addressed first.

Run first and defense. McDermott's team.

I think this is a situation where the raiders love to stack wr's and the players in front of him were just better.......I mean....is he gonna play in front of Crabtree?

You could be right.....its just I have watched him quite a bit....he is a gamer

Holmes has been a little inconsistent with the hands. He'd make a great leaping catch and then drop an easy one.

@chrisbrownbills

. #Bills have agreed to terms with WR Andre Holmes. More at buffalobills.com

http://m.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/WR-Andre-Holmes-agrees-to-terms-with-Bills/723a842a-d3ed-4914-bba2-03489796c571

:thumbsup:

Just realized a thumbs up was my 12,000 post...How disappointing... :lol:

Edited by KOKBILLS

Holmes has been a little inconsistent with the hands. He'd make a great leaping catch and then drop an easy one.

Good thing none of Tyrods passes are easy ones. Hope Holmes is a master of the "high and behind"

Maybe this means we are e going cb in rd1. I was sure wed take m. Williams from clemson.

That's what I'm thinking. Looking more and more like CB at #10. I'd prefer a trade down, or OJ Howard, to be honest.

That's what I'm thinking. Looking more and more like CB at #10. I'd prefer a trade down, or OJ Howard, to be honest.

Yeah.

While I'd love to see them draft Davis or Williams, the fact that they have added 4 (!) WRs and have only added 1 CB while cutting Gilmore and Robey leads me to believe CB will be the pick in the 1st. Shame, too, since the corner class is so deep. As you said, either an elite offensive weapon or a trade-down would be preferable, as both corner and safety can be ably addressed later in the draft.

While I can see why some are saying that Holmes is a shade above a JAG, the fact remains that he was a WR4 and he's 28 years old. It's hard for me to buy into the idea that he's suddenly gonna jump from a WR4 to a WR2. It certainly could happen, and I hope it does. I'm just not holding my breath. As it stands now, a Watkins/Holmes/Brown/Listenbee top 4 isn't awful, but it certainly isn't nearly as dangerous as the addition of a 1st or 2nd round WR would make it.

Agreed. If we can sign zach Brown or another good wlb/lb that is good in coverage we can go Davis or Howard in rd 1 then cb in rd 2 or cb rd 1 zay/Schuster/TE rd 2 and RT/safety rd 3

Whaley seems to get good value out of these kind of signings.

I've been reading this board for years and have come to conclusion that Whaley sucks at everything. That's not true?

@salsports

Official from the Bills. 6'-5" Holmes a solid redzone threat and most likely #2 WR opposite Sammy Watkins.

Only in Buffalo would a career #4 WR be talked of as a #2 WR. Buffalo fans are used to a very low bar. A nice depth signing, bit not a real #2. Certainly not anyway close to an equal replacement for Woods.

Only in Buffalo would a career #4 WR be talked of as a #2 WR. Buffalo fans are used to a very low bar. A nice depth signing, bit not a real #2. Certainly not anyway close to an equal replacement for Woods.

To be fair, the Raiders were pretty deep at WR and their fans seem to think Holmes can be capable of much more if given the opportunity.

i think OJ is a beast; but i am concerned of the reports about him "loving football". I need a guy that loves football OR treats his profession with 100% ...

i agree that Holmes iata a #2 ( YET ) , but doesn't these seem like this is what the bills are doing? This also seems to be our GMs MO; last season he did the same thing...bring in a bunch of "prove it" WRS and see if any of them are a "diamond in the rough "

i think OJ is a beast; but i am concerned of the reports about him "loving football". I need a guy that loves football OR treats his profession with 100% ...

i agree that Holmes iata a #2 ( YET ) , but doesn't these seem like this is what the bills are doing? This also seems to be our GMs MO; last season he did the same thing...bring in a bunch of "prove it" WRS and see if any of them are a "diamond in the rough "

do you have a link to the reports about OJ not loving football? Haven't seen those yet.

Well when the one thing good you can say about him is his blocking it ends up looking bad.

That's not the only good things one can say about him. His stats are just about equal to or better than

Mohamed Sanu and Marvin Jones, and they have been in the league a year longer. Woods has more

catches than Jones, more yards than Sanu. He's not flashy but he's a good player. Plays hurt. Doesn't

complain. Blocks. And makes catches. Jones got 5/39 mil. Woods got 5/40. Sanu 5/32.5. Wasn't

like he got elite money. He got in the range of what he should have gotten in comparison to the others.

Edited by purple haze

Be careful about "Reports" this time of the year. Misinformation is spread by teams trying to get players to fall or rise for their

own purposes...

I agree 100%, I think fans who think signing a guy who caught 16 passes last year, and the year b4, is a candidate to be our starting WR opposite Sammy is somewhat delusional. Its part of that notion that competing AFC playoff teams are playing chess while we are celebrating checkers

jc