Andre Holmes officially signed

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...had to sweeten the pot, but well worth it IMO..........

Bills signed WR Andre Holmes a three-year, $6.5 million contract.

It's $2 million higher than the deal reported earlier this week. Holmes is coming off consecutive nondescript seasons as Oakland's No. 4 receiver behind Amari Cooper, Michael Crabtree, and Seth Roberts. He lands in a good spot with Buffalo as a veteran flyer. Holmes adds depth in a red-zone/deep threat role.
Mar 18 - 2:14 PM

It's $2 million higher than the deal reported earlier this week. Holmes is coming off consecutive nondescript seasons as Oakland's No. 4 receiver behind Amari Cooper, Michael Crabtree, and Seth Roberts. He lands in a good spot with Buffalo as a veteran flyer. Holmes adds depth in a red-zone/deep threat role.

Now the question is if that leak forced our hand and the additional dough. If that's the case it's BS.

@salsports

Official from the Bills. 6'-5" Holmes a solid redzone threat and most likely #2 WR opposite Sammy Watkins.

hopefully Godwin(or another rookie)in the second-third round will start as the Wr3 this year,with hopes of taking the #2 in time. Solid signing. Does this mean Listenbee or Lewis to play #3-#4? Ideally to me, Sammy,rookie,Holmes,and Listenbee between the hashes,to stretch the field. Sub out Listenbee for Lewis in the red zone=potential to score

Awesome!

I hope the signing of 4 veteran receivers doesn't mean the Bills don't plan to address the position in the draft.

Still need a rookie who can realistically fight for the #2 spot.

Despite my preferences, though, the Bills now have:

Watkins
Listenbee
Holmes
Brown
Washington
Butler
Powell

hopefully Godwin(or another rookie)in the second-third round will start as the Wr3 this year,with hopes of taking the #2 in time. Solid signing. Does this mean Listenbee or Lewis to play #3-#4? Ideally to me, Sammy,rookie,Holmes,and Listenbee between the hashes,to stretch the field. Sub out Listenbee for Lewis in the red zone=potential to score

I'll be shocked if Lewis makes the team

I wonder about that! If a "leak" cost us,or ANY team for that matter,than there should be consequences for the party that leaked info. Very poorly done,and costly

Now the question is if that leak forced our hand and the additional dough. If that's the case it's BS.

....I think he was still shopping.....played last year in Oakland for $750K guaranteed, but earned the full $2 mil of his deal.......so it appears that Bflo's original 3 yr, $4.5 mil deal (no mention of guaranteed money) was light....so he ends up a shade over $2 mil/yr which is close to what he did earn last year....still a good signing IMO..........

Yes. Just need one quality #2 caliber guy opposite Sammy and we're good to go. Right now, it's Sammy and a bunch of JAGs.

I'd put Holmes a notch above jag, but agree - I'll be surprised if they don't snag a WR in the 1st 2 rounds.

I think they try to trade down to get an extra pick, too.

perhaps. But with game action,and a couple of years in meetings, he SHOULD be able to outperform a (basically) rook? Just a thought...

...hopefully a healthy Listenbee and Dez do show up in 2017......maybe not the marquee names you want, but Colston in the 7th to NO didn't fare too bad....you just never know..........

Awesome!

I hope the signing of 4 veteran receivers doesn't mean the Bills don't plan to address the position in the draft.

Still need a rookie who can realistically fight for the #2 spot.

Despite my preferences, though, the Bills now have:

Watkins

Listenbee

Holmes

Brown

Washington

Butler

Powell

I dont think it does......but maybe we go TE high instead of WR in this offense?

I think Homes is a little better then a JAG....and young. Not ready to call him a 1a but he looks like a really good fit for TT as he has that size and large catch radius

Need one more quality pass catcher either through free agency and draft and this is a strong TE draft

I dont think it does......but maybe we go TE high instead of WR in this offense?

I think Homes is a little better then a JAG....and young. Not ready to call him a 1a but he looks like a really good fit for TT as he has that size and large catch radius

Need one more quality pass catcher either through free agency and draft and this is a strong TE draft

While I can see why some are saying that Holmes is a shade above a JAG, the fact remains that he was a WR4 and he's 28 years old. It's hard for me to buy into the idea that he's suddenly gonna jump from a WR4 to a WR2. It certainly could happen, and I hope it does. I'm just not holding my breath. As it stands now, a Watkins/Holmes/Brown/Listenbee top 4 isn't awful, but it certainly isn't nearly as dangerous as the addition of a 1st or 2nd round WR would make it.

...hopefully a healthy Listenbee and Dez do show up in 2017......maybe not the marquee names you want, but Colston in the 7th to NO didn't fare too bad....you just never know..........

it's been a good job thus far in FA. I am content with every signing (although Tolbert is just a McD guy/locker room guy imo) but hope the draft yields us a starting Lb,Cb,and safety. And as much as I think we should wait,we will HAVE to draft a qb...just for numbers. Hopefully,we build other areas this year and grab our Franchise next year. TT will be the starter for the next two,regardless of who,what,when we draft a QB.

While I can see why some are saying that Holmes is a shade above a JAG, the fact remains that he was a WR4 and he's 28 years old. It's hard for me to buy into the idea that he's suddenly gonna jump from a WR4 to a WR2. It certainly could happen, and I hope it does. I'm just not holding my breath. As it stands now, a Watkins/Holmes/Brown/Listenbee top 4 isn't awful, but it certainly isn't nearly as dangerous as the addition of a 1st or 2nd round WR would make it.

I think this is a situation where the raiders love to stack wr's and the players in front of him were just better.......I mean....is he gonna play in front of Crabtree?

You could be right.....its just I have watched him quite a bit....he is a gamer

...not convinced the ineffective and inconsistent nature of the passing game right now warrants a 1st round pick for a receiver, be it WR or TE.....seems like the majority of FA signings have been on the offensive side of the ball.....draft may shape up to trade down, acquire picks and go DB/QB.....just a thought.................

....I think he was still shopping.....played last year in Oakland for $750K guaranteed, but earned the full $2 mil of his deal.......so it appears that Bflo's original 3 yr, $4.5 mil deal (no mention of guaranteed money) was light....so he ends up a shade over $2 mil/yr which is close to what he did earn last year....still a good signing IMO..........

In comparisons to what Robert Wood got.. its a steal.

I'm playing devils advocate here but I'm guessing it's because we run the ball so much and well. Makes the priority for a top tier FA WR or even a high draft pick pretty low.

Check out Tyrod's stats with and without Sammy. This includes Robert who was a better #2 than anything we have now (and I don't love Bob Woods to begin with).