Andre Holmes officially signed

Only in Buffalo would a career #4 WR be talked of as a #2 WR. Buffalo fans are used to a very low bar. A nice depth signing, bit not a real #2. Certainly not anyway close to an equal replacement for Woods.

I agree 100%, I think fans who think signing a guy who caught 16 passes last year, and the year b4, is a candidate to be our starting WR opposite Sammy is somewhat delusional. Its part of that notion that competing AFC playoff teams are playing chess while we are celebrating checkers

jc

unless the Bills take a WR in the 1st rd, I think it's kind of delusional to not realize he's a candidate for the #2WR position. What other FA WRs do you anticipate them signing at this point? You may not like it, but that's the reality of the situation.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. If we can sign zach Brown or another good wlb/lb that is good in coverage we can go Davis or Howard in rd 1 then cb in rd 2 or cb rd 1 zay/Schuster/TE rd 2 and RT/safety rd 3

Gotta get a QB in the first three rounds. I like the idea of a trade down from #10 for an extra pick or two.

unless the Bills take a WR in the 1st rd, I think it's kind of delusional to not realize he's a candidate for the #2WR position. What other FA WRs do you anticipate them signing at this point? You may not like it, but that's the reality of the situation.

That's the point, how can it be justified that this guy is the number two other than the lack of options?

Fans trying to act like this guy is a #2 based on ability and not circumstance is the issue.

If buffalo doesn't address the position early, we will be in trouble.

That's the point, how can it be justified that this guy is the number two other than the lack of options?

Fans trying to act like this guy is a #2 based on ability and not circumstance is the issue.

Even if they do take one early, the rookie will be going into camp competing for the #2 spot with Holmes, Brown and Listenbee. So, yes he's a "candidate." It's a TC competition. Nothing wrong with a little competition.

It's your own opinion that he's not worthy of being included in the competition. Your opinion doesn't make other people delusional.

Even if they do take one early, the rookie will be going into camp competing for the #2 spot with Holmes, Brown and Listenbee. So, yes he's a "candidate." It's a TC competition. Nothing wrong with a little competition.

It's your own opinion that he's not worthy of being included in the competition. Your opinion doesn't make other people delusional.

Did I ever say he shouldn't be part of a competiton? Or did I say people saying he's out number 2 based on talent is the problem.

If we draft a WR in the first two rounds that can't beat this guy out...

Everyone is making it out like this guy is some diamond in the rough. Because most WRs who have had a single year of production really his their stride a year away from ther 30th B Day (will be 29 going into the season).

I am pulling for him because he's on our roster, but I am also realistic.

Edited by BillsFan17

Did I ever say he shouldn't be part of a competiton? Or did I say people saying he's out number 2 based on talent is the problem.

If we draft a WR in the first two rounds that can't beat this guy out...

Everyone is making it out like this guy is some diamond in the rough. Because most WRs who have had a single year of production really his their stride a year away from ther 30th B Day (will be 29 going into the season).

I am pulling for him because he's on our roster, but I am also realistic.

Well yes, you said Bills fans who think he's a candidate for the #2 spot are delusional. Wait - "somewhat" delusional. Edited by YoloinOhio

im not sure if its "fans" acting like he is a number 2; i think its more knowing what to expect. Do I think Holmes is a number 2? No. Do i think the bills brought him in to be the number 2? yes, I do

Well yes, you said Bills fans who think he's a candidate for the #2 spot are delusional. Wait - "somewhat" delusional.

If he ends up in the top 3 and is regularly on the field in 2017 then Whaley did not do enough to strengthen the position. Like Fan17 I hope like heck that the guy plays out of his mind, but, history is usually a pretty good predictor.

Does anyone know whether or not he is a natural hands catcher?

As opposed to what? His mouth?

Gotta get a QB in the first three rounds. I like the idea of a trade down from #10 for an extra pick or two.

No we don't. Not this draft.

If you considered Woods a #2 WR, again based on the 2014 stats of both players I provided, Holmes can be his replacement. Ideally they find someone better and relegate Holmes to the Justin Hunter role. Listenbee is complete unknown so I think it will have to be a draft pick.

I think the WR signings have been positive. These guys are capable of contributing and bring other things to the table like STs and theyhave useful life left to their careers. I think that if we go Davis or Williams at 10 the Bills have the makings of a very, very good NFL receiving corps. Thing is you might more be planning for the future because of Tyrod. What good is a ferrari without a motor? I think they maybe go S instead if one of the two is still on the board when they pick.

im not sure if its "fans" acting like he is a number 2; i think its more knowing what to expect. Do I think Holmes is a number 2? No. Do i think the bills brought him in to be the number 2? yes, I do

I agree.

Considering that we are a "run first" team AND the contract they gave this guy, YES the hire was to complete the WR group and let the group find it's own pecking order.

No we don't. Not this draft.

While there are no "locks" in this year's draft there are 5-6 prospects worthy of consideration in round 2 or 3. It's obvious the Bills don't really trust Tyrod and they've got to get someone else on the roster to develop besides Cardale.

After a few righteous dings to the head of a quasi-tinker-toy option QB, he becomes powdered toast. CK has been there for 3 years now.

And we will tell you so as long as teams want to win with this. Heck, the Bills had 3 of them at QB in 2016.

Only in Buffalo would a career #4 WR be talked of as a #2 WR. Buffalo fans are used to a very low bar. A nice depth signing, bit not a real #2. Certainly not anyway close to an equal replacement for Woods.

I agree 100%, I think fans who think signing a guy who caught 16 passes last year, and the year b4, is a candidate to be our starting WR opposite Sammy is somewhat delusional. Its part of that notion that competing AFC playoff teams are playing chess while we are celebrating checkers

jc

What did he do the year before that? When Cooper and Crabtree weren't in town?

What did he do the year before that? When Cooper and Crabtree weren't in town?

....don't you have to consider 2014 was Derek Carr's rookie year and Holmes was right there with his starting brethren............

WR Andre Holmes 26 3 13 47 catches for 693 yards, 4 td WR James Jones 30 7 10 73 catches for 666 yards, 6 td TE Mychal Rivera 24 1 10 58 catches for 534 yards, 4 td

In a heavy rushing offense, you don't need a dominant #2 WR. We have two very good receivers in Watkins and Clay at the TE spot. Tyrod needs to do a better job of finding Clay this year and we will be fine.

We have a lot of people complaining that we are not knuckling down and passing when we need to to win big games

Having better pass catcher's that can make plays would go a long way to doing that

When was the last time we had a player who did this? Easley?

https://twitter.com/gipsysafety/status/843215086520942592

really liking the fact he's a good ST'er...actually I'm really liking that quite a few of the new signings seem to bring something to the ST game...I think this years ST's is going to be a good unit...

with all the size Whaley has brought in at WR, could they maybe be thinking of going with a bit smaller WR in the draft?..maybe someone like Ross (5' 11", 188) , Curtis Samuel (5' 11",197) or even Ardarius Stewart (5' 11", 204)...Ross would have to be in the 1st round, Samuel has been mocked in the 2nd and to be honest I haven't seen Stewarts name on any of the mocks Ive seen, so I'm thinking he could be 3rd round but most likely a 2nd

really liking the fact he's a good ST'er...actually I'm really liking that quite a few of the new signings seem to bring something to the ST game...I think this years ST's is going to be a good unit...

with all the size Whaley has brought in at WR, could they maybe be thinking of going with a bit smaller WR in the draft?..maybe someone like Ross (5' 11", 188) , Curtis Samuel (5' 11",197) or even Ardarius Stewart (5' 11", 204)...Ross would have to be in the 1st round, Samuel has been mocked in the 2nd and to be honest I haven't seen Stewarts name on any of the mocks Ive seen, so I'm thinking he could be 3rd round but most likely a 2nd

Yes and that would be a good idea if he's a good route runner. I don't think Ross will be the pick because he just had labrum surgery and I think they will want their 1st rd pick ready to roll if it's a WR. Can't see him dropping to the 2nd. The others would be great. Edited by YoloinOhio

Yes and that would be a good idea if he's a good route runner. I don't think Ross will be the pick because he just had labrum surgery and I think they will want their 1st rd pick ready to roll.

the WRS are gonna fall.they are hurt,or from small schools,or otherwise not worthy of a 1st. I'm guessing Davis to be the first off the board, in the latter parts of the first round. Anything else is looking like a reach. There is ,however, better value in the second.

Disclaimer. ...might be McCaffery before any "wr"

Yes and that would be a good idea if he's a good route runner. I don't think Ross will be the pick because he just had labrum surgery and I think they will want their 1st rd pick ready to roll.

yea I just threw his name in because he was a smaller WR..I don't think they go Ross at all in the 1st..like many others have said, I would like to see the Bills move down in the draft and maybe add another 3rd + a 4th ( unless they can get 2nd +3rd/4th that is)...right now I see CB and S as biggest needs...S only because I have no idea if Poyer can start...I don't know if they need a LB or not, but I've read a few post that say they still do...to be honest tho, I assumed from the get go that McD might be looking for his Kuekley clone or as close as he can get in the draft anyways

yea I just threw his name in because he was a smaller WR..I don't think they go Ross at all in the 1st..like many others have said, I would like to see the Bills move down in the draft and maybe add another 3rd + a 4th ( unless they can get 2nd +3rd/4th that is)...right now I see CB and S as biggest needs...S only because I have no idea if Poyer can start...I don't know if they need a LB or not, but I've read a few post that say they still do...to be honest tho, I assumed from the get go that McD might be looking for his Kuekley clone or as close as he can get in the draft anyways

we NEED WLB.We NEED CB.Everything else is a bonus.At this moment,anyway...