Could Fitz be Coming Back to the B-Lo?

H2o

I would welcome him IF they are considering a QB early in the draft. Comes at a reasonable price. Loves the area. Smart guy, could make a great mentor for up and commers. But, that is IF they go the Veteran QB while the young guy learns route.

I could see him starting, but more holding the clipboard and assisting as a backup-- Overall, couldn't find a better guy! He offers a lot. He has bounced around the league and has learned from different schemes. Fitz could be an asset in the development of our next QB, would be great in the film room and showing the ropes to our next QB.

Edited by KollegeStudnet

I would welcome him IF they are considering a QB early in the draft. Comes at a reasonable price. Loves the area. Smart guy, could make a great mentor for up and commers. But, that is IF they go the Veteran QB while the young guy learns route.

I could see him starting, but more holding the clipboard and assisting as a backup-- Overall, couldn't find a better guy! He offers a lot, has bounced around the league and has learned from different schemes. Fits could be an asset.

i agree that he has some value in the QB room. Just don't want him as the starter. Ever.

i agree that he has some value in the QB room. Just don't want him as the starter. Ever.

I agree. I remember in an ESPN interview with Jim Kelly years ago that Jim said, "you have to love the city you play for." Fitz would make a great teacher for the next guy. I think he's been one of the last QB's since Kelly that actually loved his time here. Overall, I don't want Fitz to start at all. But, I would love to see him mentor someone in the Red, White and Blue and install some of that heart. I couldn't fathom a Hoyer or McCown type here.

Edited by KollegeStudnet

Not saying I want him back by any means, but coming off a crap year in NY he should definitely be one of the lower cost vets out there. You never know what Whaley will do. I will still stand pat in my thought that we end up with Jay Cutler, but this move would not be surprising at all.

I could see him starting, but more holding the clipboard and assisting as a backup-- Overall, couldn't find a better guy! He offers a lot. He has bounced around the league and has learned from different schemes. Fitz could be an asset in the development of our next QB, would be great in the film room and showing the ropes to our next QB.

Terrible QB, throws too many interceptions.....terrible QB...

I like Fitz a lot. Great guy, team player, has some talent, but no. "He is who we thought he was" (to paraphrase the old Dennis Green rant). Who we thought he was is the guy that played the final game of the 2015 season for the Jests against the Bills with the playoffs on the line and blew the game with interceptions at critical times of the game. Those picks ruined what was otherwise a fantastic season by Fitz. Unfortunately, that's who he is and that's what you get.

I could see him in a backup/mentor role as long as he doesn't have to start. Chan is retired now so it's not like we're going to get much out of Fitz if he has to take the field.

Sometimes backup QB's need to take the field. For this reason, I wouldn't want him on the team. Not sure why anyone would want someone who they know isn't any good.

Terrible QB, throws too many interceptions.....terrible QB...[/quote

But if he's here to be a backup, why not?

are you ok with a backup that's a terrible QB, throws too many interceptions.... doesn't make any sense. So if he plays, you're ok if he stinks?