The only Mahomes thread you need

Estro

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is Twobills. people can talk about whatever they want whenever they want.

If you don't like it don't read it.

Friggin topic police. Sheesh!

That's actually not how it works. There are rules for a reason and judging by your previous screen names, you should be banned from any QB discussions! :w00t:

Same dude made tje thread "Sidney Jones in the 5th?". Lol. Dude should be banned for making threads asap. Another bbmb refugee fail I suspect.

Man, some of you guys really have some type of disdain sentiment towards bbmb. Not like we asked for the message board to be shut down.

Edited by Captain Murica

Same dude made tje thread "Sidney Jones in the 5th?". Lol. Dude should be banned for making threads asap. Another bbmb refugee fail I suspect.

I opened this thread up for the sole purpose of checking the OP's post count. I was wondering if it was low. Once I saw that it was I searched for the mandatory BBMB Refugee comment. Luckily I wasn't disappointed :flirt:

I opened this thread up for the sole purpose of checking the OP's post count. I was wondering if it was low. Once I saw that it was I searched for the mandatory BBMB Refugee comment. Luckily I wasn't disappointed :flirt:

....yup, us BBMB'ers are ALL from that black hole of Calcutta.......

With the new Tyrod deal, I wouldn't use a 1st round pick on a QB unless I thought they were very likely to be a Super Bowl caliber player. I don't see that with the guys in this draft. We should definitely take a QB, but not in the first round.

Taylor Virginia Tech stats -
49 games / 44 TDs / 7017 yards / 57% comp / 20 INT / 137 rating
Mahomes Texas Tech stats -
32 games / 93 TDs / 11252 yards / 64% comp / 29 INT / 152 rating
Just thought I'd compare the two players as QBs coming out of college. Taylor is an athlete with a decent arm playing QB, he's unfortunately hit his ceiling (which btw is impressive from where he was picked in the draft). Mahomes is the "real deal" as a QB, with a great arm. The Bills will continue to be a nothing franchise until they start drafting QBs (like Mahomes) with great talent and hitting on one. An elite TE (or whatever) will not fix this franchise no matter how elite the player is. The Bills need to be laser focused on finding their future franchise QB.

Man, some of you guys really have some type of disdain sentiment towards bbmb. Not like we asked for the message board to be shut down.

I read bbmb from time to time. Only time to time because the majority of the posters made it pretty awful. I don't want this great place to turn into bbmb. Many long time posters here feel the same.

...perhaps we all need to purchase your rarified air "perfume" so we don't stink up the joint.......hope you don't fall off that high horse sonny.....my my.......

While we're at it, what's with all the ............'s?

...perhaps we all need to purchase your rarified air "perfume" so we don't stink up the joint.......hope you don't fall off that high horse sonny.....my my.......

You're one of the good ones. Talk to your man though.

There is another Patrick Mahomes thread that has the same video from Gruden in it fwiw.

I know there are some guys on the board who follow college football. These 2 guys seem to fit Dennison's offense, at least from what I've read. Obviously one guy (Mahomes) is coming out this year, while the other (Allen) next year. Are these guys both a fit for the Bills offense? How do they compare to each other?

Mahomes is probably​ the only QB I like this year, but is he a fit? If he is, take him at 10. If not, I would like to see the Bills trade down multiple times to get a few more lower draft picks this year, and maybe a few higher picks next year to potentially trade (if needed) up for Allen or one of the other top QBs coming out next year.

Allen has elite talent and plays in a pro offense but has bad pocket awareness and this yr will be pivotal for him to improve his draft stock.

Say what you want about the guy in the video, but tough SOB, no quit, and could make any throw, from any angle, footwork, no footwork and I think Mahomes is the next Favre.

Ain't gonna happen.

Not with Tyrod signed. We need weapons for him or the defense if we want to win now. Can't be spending a first round pick on someone who won't see the field

Not at all. That's the way things are done around here, whether you have been here 10 days or 10 years. A long time poster would be called out for this as well. When in Rome!

With the new Tyrod deal, I wouldn't use a 1st round pick on a QB unless I thought they were very likely to be a Super Bowl caliber player. I don't see that with the guys in this draft. We should definitely take a QB, but not in the first round.

I really think Mahomes has a bright future. He might have to sit for a year and get used to takin snaps under center but he has the best arm talent in the draft hands down.

The Air Raid Offense and the Kansas City Chiefs offense...

Which brings us to the issue of multiple reads. I understand people have a concern about the air raid offense, but there are two things I’d say in response to this.

First, the simple truth is that watching an air raid offense often feels eerily similar if you’re a Chiefs fan. Andy Reid has incorporated a ton of the quick, easy reads the air raid offense is known for into his attack. Seriously, watch a couple of Mahomes’s games. You’ll see at least 20 play calls that look oddly familiar, I promise. My point is that NFL offenses as a whole (and Andy Reid in particular) aren’t nearly as dissimilar to the air raid offense as they were 10 years ago.

Because of this, what is much more important to me is whether the quarterback in question (in this case, Mahomes) can go through reads when the first read isn’t open or when pressure strikes. The great news? This might be the area Mahomes impressed me the most. MNchiefsfan

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2017/3/24/15022108/know-your-draft-crush-patrick-mahomes

No, no, no, Mahomes is not going to be the BPA at ten. And QBS typically are overdrafted and over valued.

Mahomes may be the first QB taken in the draft but the kid has a long way to go. Very raw and you dont take that at 10th overall.

You absolutely do if you project the qb to be a franchise qb and you just reworked the contract of a bridge qb for two years.

A developed player at any other position is not worth the value of a true franchise qb. It's the quick fix, immediate gratification drafting that has ironically produced the playoff drought.

I w,I'll take him in the 2nd

Then you'll be drafting somebody else's player, because he's going to be chosen in the first.

Yup, those air raid QB's translate well to the NFL.

Especially ones with abysmal mechanics.

That's the rationale for not taking him. Is it a metaphysical certitude that an air raid qb is an inevitable fail in the NFL?

I doubt it. Somehow, even with abysmal mechanics, he makes all the throws with a powerful arm.

Consider that much of the time an NFL qb is under pressure and throwing under less than ideal conditions.

The capacity to get the ball to the receiver when good mechanics are not possible is a plus.

Then you'll be drafting somebody else's player, because he's going to be chosen in the first.

That's the rationale for not taking him. Is it a metaphysical certitude that an air raid qb is an inevitable fail in the NFL?

I doubt it. Somehow, even with abysmal mechanics, he makes all the throws with a powerful arm.

Consider that much of the time an NFL qb is under pressure and throwing under less than ideal conditions.

The capacity to get the ball to the receiver when good mechanics are not possible is a plus.

He doesn't know what an Air Raid offense is. No point in arguing with him. The Air Raid offense is just another college spread offense.