The only Mahomes thread you need

Estro

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then you'll be drafting somebody else's player, because he's going to be chosen in the first.

That's the rationale for not taking him. Is it a metaphysical certitude that an air raid qb is an inevitable fail in the NFL?

I doubt it. Somehow, even with abysmal mechanics, he makes all the throws with a powerful arm.

Consider that much of the time an NFL qb is under pressure and throwing under less than ideal conditions.

The capacity to get the ball to the receiver when good mechanics are not possible is a plus.

This reply was MONEY.

Also, many said Russell Wilson was too short. It's foolish to dismiss QBs just because the group thinking draft pundits believe in painting with broad bushes. If a QB has shown he can play, he can play regardless of what they say about a system or measurables.

It appears that your board will not be used by real NFL teams.

I'm actually starting to worry that the either Saints or Cardinals might trade ahead of the Bills and pick Mahomes (if the Bills were wanting to take Mahomes at #10).

At that point it wasn't meant to be and move on to plan B, hope Cardale makes dramatic progress, and watch the college QBs in the coming season with great interest.

I wouldn't mind plan B being trading back in the first till you get a 1st rd pick in 2018 which looks like it might be a great QB class.

Edited by 1billsfan

I wrote this in another post a bout Mahomes. This guy is the best QB in the draft bar none. He will be a pro bowler down the line. He is the closest thing to Aaron Rogers and Brett Farve there is. He makes un believable throws that are Acurate from weird angels and with bad foot work. This guy is the one you want. The NFL is not like college. You don't always get a lot of clean pockets and you don't always get to set up and throw on balance or get your feet set. I want a QB that can throw on the run or throw when his feet are not correct and people are in his face. This guy can do that in spades. Go watch him on YouTube you will see something extraordinary. Don't get fooled about the experts saying oh his foot work is bad, His back leg shakes, Blah, Blah, Blah. Watch Chargers Rivers, Watch GB Rogers these guys throw

at all angels, throw with in correct foot work and throw on the move across there body all the time. Who the Fu@k cares how they throw it. Does he complete the passes yes he does. Yes you will be required to do that in The NFL , good one's can pull it off. Well when I watch Mahomes that's what I see. So please just stop the nonsense. If we get this guy a great new Era in Bills football is about to begin. His statistics

mean nothing to me or what offense he played.

my eyes don't lie I see the next great on and he's there for the taking.

Let me ask all the detractors of him, how many times does a NFL QB go back and set up and not have to move off his spot. Most times QBs end up having to move and throw off there back foot or throw moving forward or rolling out. Playing QB in the NFL you don't have a lot of time. Go watch this kid play, watch him throw.

He is doing amazing stuff. Making throws from all sorrts or bad angles off his back foot, flat footed and on the run. Most of them right on the mark. I could care less about his satistics or how many TDs he's thrown. He has started a ton of games. This guy is a leader and he has a very strong arm. He can do things most QB's can only dream about. He is Farve, he is Rogers he has that gift. Keep wanting that perfect foot work WB that Perfect throwing motion QB.

I will take this guy over that guy 10 ways to Sunday every day of the week. If we are lucky to get this guy I be dancing in the street.

I take him with the first pick in the draft he is that good.

Here is Patrick Mahomes playing against the great LSU Tigers Defense from the SEC in his Bowl Game. Just some unbelievable plays by Mahomes. These are the type of players he will be playing against in the NFL. Maybe he will have some offensive linemen to protect him. LSU is chasing him all over the field and the kid is just making plays like a Farve or Rogers would. This guy is special you can just see it, feel it and sense it. These might be his most interesting high lights because of the stud defense LSU has. This is fun to watch. It's like watching Farve in his prime

https://youtu.be/k4rGwPzAnbo

You can't teach what he does and how he makes those throws in any of his games or in that LSU game against future NFL defenders. Only guys like Farve and Rogers and a hand full of other QB's can do that. I don't care what anyone says. I said it when the Bills passed on Russell Wilson and I will say it right now.

You pass on this guy your making a big mistake. I can't wait for the John Gruden QB camp thing with Mahomes. Just like the Russell Wilson one. Man you could just tell that he was going to be special. Here it is for those who missed Russell Wilson with John Gruden how do you not draft this guy after watching this

https://youtu.be/ON16iCklqLY

Greg Cosell likes Davis Webb better than Mahomes. The guy who had to transfer because he lost his job to Mahomes. Cosell is a guy that says a lot of stuff but loses the forest for the trees. For Cosell, the process is more important than the results.

Edited by jeffismagic

...majority of the pundits have Mahomes around #5 on average within the "Top 10 QB Prospects" list....don't get to see college ball, but how do you justify the kid at #10 despite a "middle of the pack" ranking?....is EVERY pundit dead wrong or does it mean 4 QB's go before him and he's there at #10 for Bflo?...........

I wrote this in another post a bout Mahomes. This guy is the best QB in the draft bar none. He will be a pro bowler down the line. He is the closest thing to Aaron Rogers and Brett Farve there is. He makes un believable throws that are Acurate from weird angels and with bad foot work. This guy is the one you want. The NFL is not like college. You don't always get a lot of clean pockets and you don't always get to set up and throw on balance or get your feet set. I want a QB that can throw on the run or throw when his feet are not correct and people are in his face. This guy can do that in spades. Go watch him on YouTube you will see something extraordinary. Don't get fooled about the experts saying oh his foot work is bad, His back leg shakes, Blah, Blah, Blah. Watch Chargers Rivers, Watch GB Rogers these guys throw

at all angels, throw with in correct foot work and throw on the move across there body all the time. Who the Fu@k cares how they throw it. Does he complete the passes yes he does. Yes you will be required to do that in The NFL , good one's can pull it off. Well when I watch Mahomes that's what I see. So please just stop the nonsense. If we get this guy a great new Era in Bills football is about to begin. His statistics

Let me ask all the detractors of him, how many times does a NFL QB go back and set up and not have to move off his spot. Most times QBs end up having to move and throw off there back foot or throw moving forward or rolling out. Playing QB in the NFL you don't have a lot of time. Go watch this kid play, watch him throw.

He is doing amazing stuff. Making throws from all sorrts or bad angles off his back foot, flat footed and on the run. Most of them right on the mark. I could care less about his satistics or how many TDs he's thrown. He has started a ton of games. This guy is a leader and he has a very strong arm. He can do things most QB's can only dream about. He is Farve, he is Rogers he has that gift. Keep wanting that perfect foot work WB that Perfect throwing motion QB.

I will take this guy over that guy 10 ways to Sunday every day of the week. If we are lucky to get this guy I be dancing in the street.

Here is Patrick Mahomes playing against the great LSU Tigers Defense from the SEC in his Bowl Game. Just some unbelievable plays by Mahomes. These are the type of players he will be playing against in the NFL. Maybe he will have some offensive linemen to protect him. LSU is chasing him all over the field and the kid is just making plays like a Farve or Rogers would. This guy is special you can just see it, feel it and sense it. These might be his most interesting high lights because of the stud defense LSU has. This is fun to watch. It's like watching Farve in his prime

You can't teach what he does and how he makes those throws in any of his games or in that LSU game against future NFL defenders. Only guys like Farve and Rogers and a hand full of other QB's can do that. I don't care what anyone says. I said it when the Bills passed on Russell Wilson and I will say it right now.

You pass on this guy your making a big mistake. I can't wait for the John Gruden QB camp thing with Mahomes. Just like the Russell Wilson one. Man you could just tell that he was going to be special. Here it is for those who missed Russell Wilson with John Gruden how do you not draft this guy after watching this

...majority of the pundits have Mahomes around #5 on average within the "Top 10 QB Prospects" list....don't get to see college ball, but how do you justify the kid at #10 despite a "middle of the pack" ranking?....is EVERY pundit dead wrong or does it mean 4 QB's go before him and he's there at #10 for Bflo?...........

NFL teams share their opinions about QB's with people like Mike Mayock and Mel Kiper. But they don't share everything, just little snippets. That's why you see prospects start to "rise" as pundits get more information as the draft approaches. Right now the word is getting out on Mahomes.

To post the Youtube link just remove the s from https..

NFL teams share their opinions about QB's with people like Mike Mayock and Mel Kiper. But they don't share everything, just little snippets. That's why you see prospects start to "rise" as pundits get more information as the draft approaches. Right now the word is getting out on Mahomes.

.....not debating it....as I said, I don't get to see college ball, but I wonder what supporters here see that differs from the pundits (trust me; I prefer to call them urinalists)......Brylcream Mel stinks....Mayock or Cosell are pretty darn good.....watched a piece on NFLN the other night where Collingsworth's kid interviewed Mayock and jabbed him pretty good about some of his picks....QB spot was Gabbert and Mike admitted he blew it.....ever see Brylcream Boy or Bieber McShay admit they were wrong?....still remember watching the 2007 draft when Bflo took Marshawn at #12......Bieber snickered and called him a "bust of a reach at 12"........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

I'm actually starting to worry that the either Saints or Cardinals might trade ahead of the Bills and pick Mahomes (if the Bills were wanting to take Mahomes at #10).

At that point it wasn't meant to be and move on to plan B, hope Cardale makes dramatic progress, and watch the college QBs in the coming season with great interest.

I wouldn't mind plan B being trading back in the first till you get a 1st rd pick in 2018 which looks like it might be a great QB class.

If a team trades up to take a QB before our pick I will be elated. I hope many QBs get taken before us although I'm guessing no more than one actually will be.

Not at all. That's the way things are done around here, whether you have been here 10 days or 10 years. A long time poster would be called out for this as well. When in Rome!

Exactly. I've been hanging here the better part of a decade, and people have always been called out for sloppy/redundant/uninformed posting. There's just been a lot MORE of it since BBMB shut down.

Longtime TSWers are just doing what they've always done, the BBMBers need to stop being so sensitive.

You have knowledge of real teams board? Impressive. I mean the media has never been wrong on their rankings.

No, all we can do is read between the lines. I was able to narrow down the Buffalo Sabres pick to one of two players last year based on little snippets that were out there. Hey, it's that time of year...

Alex Nylander or Sergachev.

He doesn't know what an Air Raid offense is. No point in arguing with him. The Air Raid offense is just another college spread offense.

...Mariota seems to be making the transition smoothly.....a blanket statement about ALL Air Raid failures makes no sense....it is what is between the individual's "ears" and his "gray matter" to learn a pro style system...either he is a good student or lousy one period...........

...Mariota seems to be making the transition smoothly.....a blanket statement about ALL Air Raid failures makes no sense....it is what is between the individual's "ears" and his "gray matter" to learn a pro style system...either he is a good student or lousy one period...........

Absolutely. And one of the factors is the college spread and the NFL systems are becoming closer than they were back in the day. Belichick picked Chip Kelly's brain for spread ideas he could use on the Patriots.

Greg Cosell likes Davis Webb better than Mahomes. The guy who had to transfer because he lost his job to Mahomes. Cosell is a guy that says a lot of stuff but loses the forest for the trees. For Cosell, the process is more important than the results.

I believe Russell Wilson transferred when Glennon arrived at NCS. Guess who won that battle? Heck, draft both of them. It almost worked for the Redskins with Griffin and Cousins. In any case, I don't think we'll draft a quarterback at 10. We need a receiver and corner big time and there appears to be "gold" out there in that regard.

I believe Russell Wilson transferred when Glennon arrived at NCS. Guess who won that battle? Heck, draft both of them. It almost worked for the Redskins with Griffin and Cousins. In any case, I don't think we'll draft a quarterback at 10. We need a receiver and corner big time and there appears to be "gold" out there in that regard.

I like Webb as pick later in the draft. Problem is he is tall and white so he will be drafted higher than I would like.