The only Mahomes thread you need

Estro

He ain't going 10th bruh. If he goes 10, we'll definitely regret it. There are no surefire, can't miss QB prospects this year. There isn't even a consensus #1...maybe Watson...

Surefire can't miss QB's come once a decade. If that is the standard you will never get a QB.

What HOF players are we passing on at 10 in your mind? I have seen people talking about a WR, TE, LB, and CB. None of which are surefire, can't miss prospects either.

Edited by jeffismagic

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lot of mocks have the Texans drafting him in the 1st round at pick 25.

Why so salty ?

I never said he wasn't a first round prospect. I have also went onto say he'll most likely be the first QB off the board.

However, I don't think he's worth 10th overall. He's way to raw fot my taste and I remember Manuel being raw and being forced into action to quick...

Today's NFL seldom will give QBS time to develop.

They have a TT jersey?

I absolutely hate TT. I want a QB more than anyone.I want the right one

this guy is a great wild card for the draft so far. People want him and might well trample over draft picks for him.

He is there ten 11 12? you take him?

Should be a poll in this thread.

They have a TT jersey?

must be. its either or right ?

I expect the Bills to draft one. I trade down would make it easier for me.

But if they take one at Ten?? I will root for him and then set him down for one season.

If folks could sit on their hands patiently for nearly a a full season I would be fine with whomever they pick in the first or second round. As long as we fans can show some patience for just one season and let a kid get settled in i do not mind picking one early this year

I never said he wasn't a first round prospect. I have also went onto say he'll most likely be the first QB off the board.

However, I don't think he's worth 10th overall. He's way to raw fot my taste and I remember Manuel being raw and being forced into action to quick...

Today's NFL seldom will give QBS time to develop.

I absolutely hate TT. I want a QB more than anyone.I want the right one

Agree and I want Trubisky.

Also threw the ball close to 600 times in back to back years.

So what, it says that Mahomes is a real QB who was trusted to pass the ball a ton, while Nassib was nothing more than a game managing QB...in college.

Not to mention, Mahomes is being looked at by about 18 NFL teams. Nassib probably only had about 4 or 5 interested teams.

Your comparison is way off.

Edited by 1billsfan

So a fan has been all over him, means professional teams will be as well.

Gotcha.

Relax there chief--you asked why all the fuss over Mahomes.

My answer is that I've been watching the kid for a long time and think he can be a franchise QB.

Very few of us on this board are slaves to the talking heads...that was the point.

I am bias towards Watson. I do think Trubisky has a lot of potential and think Mahomes has a lot of potential as well.

However, I don't think this class is the best to be taking a QB 10th overall.

I don't mean this in a snarky way, but if that's the case, then what's your plan for the future of the QB position?

I've argued that it's paramount to identify your guy and take your shot. For as much as the EJ pick failed, it was absolutely the right approach. They didn't have a franchise hopeful at the QB position, so they identified the guy that they thought had the best chance and took him.

I'd have zero issue if they do it again.

I am bias towards Watson. I do think Trubisky has a lot of potential and think Mahomes has a lot of potential as well.

However, I don't think this class is the best to be taking a QB 10th overall.

I'd be happy with any of the 3, partly because I think Taylor stinks.

If the Bills pass on Trubisky AND Mahomes at 10 it's torches and pitchforks time.

I'm not trying to upset you, but I think you might want to prepare yourself for this eventuality.

I keep having a really bad feeling that Arizona is going to take Mahomes at 13...not sure why.

I don't mean this in a snarky way, but if that's the case, then what's your plan for the future of the QB position?

I've argued that it's paramount to identify your guy and take your shot. For as much as the EJ pick failed, it was absolutely the right approach. They didn't have a franchise hopeful at the QB position, so they identified the guy that they thought had the best chance and took him.

Sounds like he only wants to take a QB from a "good class". My guess is he heard that from a talking head and now wants to dismiss every QB in 2017.

after they trade down to 15

0:)

I'm not trying to upset you, but I think you might want to prepare yourself for this eventuality.

I keep having a really bad feeling that Arizona is going to take Mahomes at 13...not sure why.

Yes, having a private workout with Arians who loves the deep vertical game and their owner tells me Arizona runs to the podium.

I could nearly bet Arizona is going to take one early

Try and trade back and acquire assets. At least with Manuel that's what we did. The staff identified him, but also knew they would be better off waiting and moving down in the draft.

We have seen QBS start to pop up in various rounds of the draft, I think if you can trust your scouting department than maybe we have something in Cardale.

I mean, my think is, I absolutely despise TT. I never liked him from day one and sure as heck don't like him now.

However, we also have a massive amount of holes and the one thing the more successful QBs have in common is they typically are stepping into a better situation roster wise.

If buffalo does go QB I won't be up in arms but I don't think this is the draft class to get one at ten.

Try and trade back and acquire assets. At least with Manuel that's what we did. The staff identified him, but also knew they would be better off waiting and moving down in the draft.

We have seen QBS start to pop up in various rounds of the draft, I think if you can trust your scouting department than maybe we have something in Cardale.

I mean, my think is, I absolutely despise TT. I never liked him from day one and sure as heck don't like him now.

However, we also have a massive amount of holes and the one thing the more successful QBs have in common is they typically are stepping into a better situation roster wise.

If buffalo does go QB I won't be up in arms but I don't think this is the draft class to get one at ten.

Here's my issue: suppose the staff has a QB that they believe in, and they turn out to be right--in that knowledge, do you still want them to trade back?

I definitely do not.

The only way I trade back is if I don't think any of the QBs are franchise guys, and even then I would need to feel really good about the offer.

Here's my issue: suppose the staff has a QB that they believe in, and they turn out to be right--in that knowledge, do you still want them to trade back?

I definitely do not.

The only way I trade back is if I don't think any of the QBs are franchise guys, and even then I would need to feel really good about the offer.

Yep

If you think a guy is the guy, you take him when he's available or even try to move up to get him

Every time a new good QB bursts onto the scene, we hear that "several other NFL teams were very high on X." I don't want to be those teams. I want to be the team that proved it by taking X.

Edited by FireChan

Not only are there alot of teams that need qbs now there are also a bunch that will be looking for their qb of the future to groom like pitt, n.o., nyg, and ari. If we want one of the top qbs the only safe way to get one is at 10

This guy is worthy of the first pick in the draft. I trade all of the bills other picks for this guy he is going to be special it's just a feel i have in my bones about how good he can be. I'm not afraid to say it. I stand by my feelings and convictions.

Here are my other posts about him

I wrote this in another post a bout Mahomes. This guy is the best QB in the draft bar none. He will be a pro bowler down the line. He is the closest thing to Aaron Rogers and Brett Farve there is. He makes un believable throws that are Acurate from weird angels and with bad foot work. This guy is the one you want. The NFL is not like college. You don't always get a lot of clean pockets and you don't always get to set up and throw on balance or get your feet set. I want a QB that can throw on the run or throw when his feet are not correct and people are in his face. This guy can do that in spades. Go watch him on YouTube you will see something extraordinary. Don't get fooled about the experts saying oh his foot work is bad, His back leg shakes, Blah, Blah, Blah. Watch Chargers Rivers, Watch GB Rogers these guys throw

at all angels, throw with in correct foot work and throw on the move across there body all the time. Who the Fu@k cares how they throw it. Does he complete the passes yes he does. Yes you will be required to do that in The NFL , good one's can pull it off. Well when I watch Mahomes that's what I see. So please just stop the nonsense. If we get this guy a great new Era in Bills football is about to begin. His statistics

mean nothing to me or what offense he played in.

my eyes don't lie I see the next great one and he's there for the taking.

Let me ask all the detractors of him, how many times does a NFL QB go back and set up and not have to move off his spot. Most times QBs end up having to move and throw off there back foot or throw moving forward or rolling out. Playing QB in the NFL you don't have a lot of time. Go watch this kid play, watch him throw.

He is doing amazing stuff. Making throws from all sorrts or bad angles off his back foot, flat footed and on the run. Most of them right on the mark. I could care less about his satistics or how many TDs he's thrown. He has started a ton of games. This guy is a leader and he has a very strong arm. He can do things most QB's can only dream about. He is Farve, he is Rogers he has that gift. Keep wanting that perfect foot work QB and that Perfect throwing motion QB.

I will take this guy over that guy 10 ways to Sunday every day of the week. If we are lucky to get this guy I be dancing in the street.

I take him with the first pick in the draft he is that good.

Here is Patrick Mahomes playing against the great LSU Tigers Defense from the SEC in his Bowl Game. Just some unbelievable plays by Mahomes. These are the type of players he will be playing against in the NFL. Maybe he will have some offensive linemen to protect him. LSU is chasing him all over the field and the kid is just making plays like a Farve or Rogers would. This guy is special you can just see it, feel it and sense it. These might be his most interesting high lights because of the stud defense LSU has. This is fun to watch. It's like watching Farve in his prime

You can't teach what he does and how he makes those throws in any of his games or in that LSU game against future NFL defenders. Only guys like Farve and Rogers and a hand full of other QB's can do that. I don't care what anyone says. I said it when the Bills passed on Russell Wilson and I will say it right now.

You pass on this guy your making a big mistake. I can't wait for the John Gruden QB camp thing with Mahomes. Just like the Russell Wilson one. Man you could just tell that he was going to be special. Here it is for those who missed Russell Wilson with John Gruden how do you not draft this guy after watching this

Edited by billsareback

This guy is worthy of the first pick in the draft. I trade all of the bills other picks for this guy he is going to be special it's just a feel i have in my bones about how good he can be. I'm not afraid to say it. I stand by my feelings and convictions.

Here are my other posts about him

I wrote this in another post a bout Mahomes. This guy is the best QB in the draft bar none. He will be a pro bowler down the line. He is the closest thing to Aaron Rogers and Brett Farve there is. He makes un believable throws that are Acurate from weird angels and with bad foot work. This guy is the one you want. The NFL is not like college. You don't always get a lot of clean pockets and you don't always get to set up and throw on balance or get your feet set. I want a QB that can throw on the run or throw when his feet are not correct and people are in his face. This guy can do that in spades. Go watch him on YouTube you will see something extraordinary. Don't get fooled about the experts saying oh his foot work is bad, His back leg shakes, Blah, Blah, Blah. Watch Chargers Rivers, Watch GB Rogers these guys throw

at all angels, throw with in correct foot work and throw on the move across there body all the time. Who the Fu@k cares how they throw it. Does he complete the passes yes he does. Yes you will be required to do that in The NFL , good one's can pull it off. Well when I watch Mahomes that's what I see. So please just stop the nonsense. If we get this guy a great new Era in Bills football is about to begin. His statistics

mean nothing to me or what offense he played in.

my eyes don't lie I see the next great one and he's there for the taking.

Let me ask all the detractors of him, how many times does a NFL QB go back and set up and not have to move off his spot. Most times QBs end up having to move and throw off there back foot or throw moving forward or rolling out. Playing QB in the NFL you don't have a lot of time. Go watch this kid play, watch him throw.

He is doing amazing stuff. Making throws from all sorrts or bad angles off his back foot, flat footed and on the run. Most of them right on the mark. I could care less about his satistics or how many TDs he's thrown. He has started a ton of games. This guy is a leader and he has a very strong arm. He can do things most QB's can only dream about. He is Farve, he is Rogers he has that gift. Keep wanting that perfect foot work QB and that Perfect throwing motion QB.

I will take this guy over that guy 10 ways to Sunday every day of the week. If we are lucky to get this guy I be dancing in the street.

I take him with the first pick in the draft he is that good.

Here is Patrick Mahomes playing against the great LSU Tigers Defense from the SEC in his Bowl Game. Just some unbelievable plays by Mahomes. These are the type of players he will be playing against in the NFL. Maybe he will have some offensive linemen to protect him. LSU is chasing him all over the field and the kid is just making plays like a Farve or Rogers would. This guy is special you can just see it, feel it and sense it. These might be his most interesting high lights because of the stud defense LSU has. This is fun to watch. It's like watching Farve in his prime

You can't teach what he does and how he makes those throws in any of his games or in that LSU game against future NFL defenders. Only guys like Farve and Rogers and a hand full of other QB's can do that. I don't care what anyone says. I said it when the Bills passed on Russell Wilson and I will say it right now.

You pass on this guy your making a big mistake. I can't wait for the John Gruden QB camp thing with Mahomes. Just like the Russell Wilson one. Man you could just tell that he was going to be special. Here it is for those who missed Russell Wilson with John Gruden how do you not draft this guy after watching this

Wilson was knocked for his height not his talent. If Wilson had been taller he would hAve absolutely went higher and a lot of people knew that.

Not trying to be vecicious here, but the whole I callen russell wilson thing is a bit old and played out.

I loved Dak Prescott last hear, doesNT mean I am a calling shots on who is going to be the next best thing.

Not only are there alot of teams that need qbs now there are also a bunch that will be looking for their qb of the future to groom like pitt, n.o., nyg, and ari. If we want one of the top qbs the only safe way to get one is at 10

Yep. I was enamored with the idea of trading back and picking up a 2nd if possible because we have so few picks. I don't think you can do it, especially if you have identified a particular qb as the one. If you're okay with one of three, you might be able to trade back a bit, but even then I wouldn't chance it. At risk of repeating a point I've made several times, what is the point of signing Taylor to a bridge qb contract if you don't have the developmental qb on the roster? Chances the Bills end up with Darnold are slim folks. Take Mahomes at 10 and give him time to develop.

@JoeBuscaglia #Bills HC Sean McDermott on going for it on 4th down: My personality is aggressive. If we're going down, we're going down all guns blazing.

Jeffismagic... Does the above make you any more optimistic that McDermott is not a Dick Jauron, that he desires a real offense with a real quarterback?

Jeffismagic... Does the above make you any more optimistic that McDermott is not a Dick Jauron, that he desires a real offense with a real quarterback?

Sounds good. Let's hope. But Gregg Williams talked like that when he was hired.

The draft will be the next test.

Sounds good. Let's hope. But Gregg Williams talked like that when he was hired.

The draft will be the next test.

Andy Reid is suuposedly big on helping the guys in his coaching tree, and he had a front row seat to Alex Smith's pantsing of Tyrod in 2015. Maybe Da big guy told Sean I know you love your defense, but ya gotta have a QB who can pass in this league. As you say, here's to hoping. :beer:

I think Arizona takes him too.... but not at 13. Either with a small trade back or trading up to come back into the first before Houston at 25.

I think Arizona takes him too.... but not at 13. Either with a small trade back or trading up to come back into the first before Houston at 25.

Smart teams grab the QB before they are supposed to be drafted. If they think he is a future they will grab him at 13. If they trade back then they aren't as confident.

Smart teams grab the QB before they are supposed to be drafted. If they think he is a future they will grab him at 13. If they trade back then they aren't as confident.

I think taking him after moving back a few slots would still be before he is "supposed" to be drafted. I know a lot feel like he is Aaron Rodgers re-incarnated, I think he has a high ceiling but a long way to go.

I think Arizona is in a weird position where they are trying to win now... but with an eye to the future. If they are taking their QB of the future I suspect they do it either after taking someone who can help immediately at #13 or with picking up an additional 2nd or 3rd rounder who can possibly contribute in 2017.

If Mahomes is on the board at 10, and this franchise passes, my fanhood may die that day.

Yeah it would be great to have a long-term answer at QB but:

1) Golly gee you only get 1 pick and we need a corner! Shucks, if only the league let us have 2-3 picks in each round!

2) Having a great QB is a luxury we cannot afford... we need a safety

3) NEXT YEAR is the year to take one! (until next year, when it will be 2019)

All that said, I have no idea if Mahomes will be any good, but they have their QB now in Tyrod. I'm fine with Tyrod but he's not the long-term answer. If he was there would never have been the whole "will they or won't they?" fiasco.

Edited by TheFunPolice