Who will be our OC?

YoloinOhio

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Norv Turners credentials blow everyone else's left out of the water.

Big loss not getting McCoy. Very important a Coach who doesn't deal with the other side of the ball hires a top guy in that area. To many times coaches fail (especially new ones) because they go with inexperienced coaching on the side of the ball they don't know.

Not the time to be going with first time offensive coordinator. To me this hire will determine if he is going to be successful or not as a coach here. Very interested to see if he is smart enough to realize he needs a guy with major credentials as an offensive coordinator.

Edited by Estelle Getty

I was very excited about the mcdermot hire because i was under the impression he came with mccoy. The more i read about him, the more i like him, but an experienced oc is very important in our situation.

You feel that way despite how well Lynn did as a 1st time OC/playcaller?

Tom Clements?

Chip KELLY????

Chip Kelly as an OC and only an OC might be good. McDermott can punch him in the face, from one Irishman to another, if he gets out of line.

Chip isn't going to be taking any OC job he'll be hired and making $5M-$10M per as a head coach at a major college program by this time next year.

Norv Turners credentials blow everyone else's left out of the water.

Big loss not getting McCoy. Very important a Coach who doesn't deal with the other side of the ball hires a top guy in that area. To many times coaches fail (especially new ones) because they go with inexperienced coaching on the side of the ball they don't know.

Not the time to be going with first time offensive coordinator. To me this hire will determine if he is going to be successful or not as a coach here. Very interested to see if he is smart enough to realize he needs a guy with major credentials as an offensive coordinator.

I don't like Norv and I'd prefer continuity to McCoy but otherwise agree with your points.

NE would block the move even if he wanted to. Besides that, he's under consideration for the 49ers' Head Coaching job.

I'm just talking s**t, friend. I know it's not happening. Chip or Franklin, however, while extremely unlikely, are out there. I just want to see a huge splash. Not a "well, we missed on our top choices, let's settle" type.

You feel that way despite how well Lynn did as a 1st time OC/playcaller?

Well Lynn had 24 years in the league and was Assistant Head Coach for 4-5 years. He was thought of as a future Head Coach before he came to the Bills. He has boatloads of experience.

I don't like Norv and I'd prefer continuity to McCoy but otherwise agree with your points.

That's where I am. He needs an experienced OC that can completely take over. I don't want Norv. Not sure who is possible. Musgrave maybe but he's uninspiring. Not getting McCoy is a big blow if it's true.

I only hope it is someone that won't change the team's approach to running the ball. Going from Marrone and his ploddy big guards that couldn't move at all in space to what they've had these past 2 years has been refreshing. Averaging over 25 points a game is good. The D needed fixing more than the O. I'd hate to see them abandon it and destroy the strength of the team. (Sort of the flip of what Rex did to Schwartz's defense). Improve the wide receivers and in my opinion (and I understand why others differ), keep Tyrod (keep drafting till you find something better) and keep working with him and Jones. I am very fearful that whoever they hire will take them back more than a few steps and cost years of having to undo it again. The Bills chase their tails better than any team I've ever seen.

I'd be willing to bet it's that Nagy guy, or someone from the Chiefs. Reading between the lines, the fact that a defense-oriented rookie head coach has already hired an o-line coach (Castillo) means they likely have an agreement in place with someone. We'll just have to wait until after KC's annual one-and-done chokefest in the playoffs this Sunday.

Assuming this is right, can anyone in the know shed some light on this guy?

Edited by QB Bills

I only hope it is someone that won't change the team's approach to running the ball. Going from Marrone and his ploddy big guards that couldn't move at all in space to what they've had these past 2 years has been refreshing. Averaging over 25 points a game is good. The D needed fixing more than the O. I'd hate to see them abandon it and destroy the strength of the team. (Sort of the flip of what Rex did to Schwartz's defense). Improve the wide receivers and in my opinion (and I understand why others differ), keep Tyrod (keep drafting till you find something better) and keep working with him and Jones. I am very fearful that whoever they hire will take them back more than a few steps and cost years of having to undo it again. The Bills chase their tails better than any team I've ever seen.

I thought it was circle the wagons.

Musgrave is the only one left. Plus the Bills dont have a QB. If they keep Tyrod, maybe they can figure it out, but it wont matter now. The Offense will suck and the Defense can only hold so long before they just break from being on the field to long. The Bills are heading to 18 and more.

Really...cuz it was the Defense that held this team back this year, not the offense

thinking it could be childress,musgrave or norv. but i get the feeling SM will go with the andy reid/packers WCO tree. so childress or misgave ale the most sense. they need to hire a good QB coach too and do everything possible to be a QB rich environment. full blown andy reid style

Schefter says it will be Greg Olson, fomer Jags OC. Know nothing about him other than the fact the Jags are mediocre at best. McCoy had me excited.

Then again, no one knew a thing about Anthony Lynn as on OC before game 3 of this year.

A fake Schefter account tweeted the Olson stuff.

Raiders owner Mark Davis appeared angry when franchise jewel Derek Carr broke his leg. Television cameras caught Davis showering Musgrave with obscenities from the owner’s box on Christmas Eve. “What the (expletive) are you doing!” “You don’t throw the (expletive) ball there!”

This OC thing has me worried. Already the No. 1 rushing attack has taken a hit with the loss of A. Lynn calling the shots. If Tyrod goes, then I may not even renew my season tix. I hope they can find a bright innovative guy... but I feel like I need to start getting used to 17 points per game average

Still not seeing anything that says McCoy ways hired by Denver. 1 tweet from some guy at 7pm saying "finalizing". Then crickets. On top of that, thatbtweet didnt get any momentum till almost 10pm. Unless I missed something McCoy to Denver isnt official yet. Most reports of finalizing dont go into the next day before you here of the hiring especially for an OC. It may look like its happening but it hasnt yet

plenty of guys out there. Tyrod Taylor was praised by Cam Cameron. He is available. Multiple top 10 offenses. Great rush offense. Fits us.

I watched him run the worst offense that I have ever seen at LSU. He did less with more than any coach that I have ever seen (combined with Miles).

None of these guys left do much for me. What about Sonny Dykes? Any interest from the masses? These retreads that weren't good (outside of Musgrave) aren't all that inspiring.