WIVB Josh Reed: Rex knows he's fired

dezertbill

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That last punt ... at home, in OT, on a 4th-and-short, with your last chance to stay alive hanging in the balance, in a game when neither defense was stopping anyone ... was the dumbest, most gutless, laughable, lamest, and the most perfect single representation of everything I can't stand about Rex. A PUNT?! Are you kidding me?!

When it actually came time to act like a bully (what Rex always likes to spout), to put up or shut up, we put our skirts on, danced like a twinkle-toed Christmas fairy, and punted. The voluntary turnover. The #1 playcall of choice for Bills coaches in clutch situations over the last 15 years. You could actually hear the cheers (and laughter) from the Dolphin fans from South Florida when we did it.

That said, would I fire Rex? Truth be told if I were Pegs I probably wouldn't, primarily because I'm not interested in paying Rex $5mm or whatnot to ride his bike around with Rob while I pay some other re-tread with old, tired ideas that don't work anymore either ( Tom Coughlin anyone?), when no matter who we bring in here is going to be somewhere between 7-9 and 9-7 until we get our elusive franchise QB. To borrow a phrase Slick Willie, circa a time long ago when the Bills were good: It's the QB stupid. But that wimpish display was bad Rex. Really, really bad.

That last punt ... at home, in OT, on a 4th-and-short, with your last chance to stay alive hanging in the balance, in a game when neither defense was stopping anyone ... was the dumbest, most gutless, laughable, lamest, and the most perfect single representation of everything I can't stand about Rex. A PUNT?! Are you kidding me?!

When it actually came time to act like a bully (what Rex always likes to spout), to put up or shut up, we put our skirts on, danced like a twinkle-toed Christmas fairy, and punted. The voluntary turnover. The #1 playcall of choice for Bills coaches in clutch situations over the last 15 years. You could actually hear the cheers (and laughter) from the Dolphin fans from South Florida when we did it.

That said, would I fire Rex? Truth be told if I were Pegs I probably wouldn't, primarily because I'm not interested in paying Rex $5mm or whatnot to ride his bike around with Rob while I pay some other re-tread with old, tired ideas that don't work anymore either ( Tom Coughlin anyone?), when no matter who we bring in here is going to be somewhere between 7-9 and 9-7 until we get our elusive franchise QB. To borrow a phrase Slick Willie, circa a time long ago when the Bills were good: It's the QB stupid. But that wimpish display was bad Rex. Really, really bad.

I'd hire Lynn as HC due to his being demanding and very detailed oriented, both things Rex isn't and have him bring in a good young up and coming defensive coach to lead the defense.

What Lynn has done with another coach's terminology, playbook and with practice squad caliber WR's most of the year has been nothing less than impressive

Edited by matter2003

Haha! Great post, really enjoyed it. That punt decision made me audibly laugh at the time.

Rex defended the punt. Not going to argue that point. It was wrong. Rewind to the kick offs. Carp cold not hit get it into the end zone. The coverage was sloppy. The next kick, if he can not get it into the end zone, then squib it. Have a chance to pin them down instead of having them return to the 40.

Hire Lynn As the HC as long as he gets a stud DC. This is despite his all time stupid call of the end around to Bush. Moronic call.

Btw, off if the top of my head these are the idiotic things Rex did just today;

1. 4th and 3 - don't go for it, instead attempt a 46 yd fg into the wind. Carpenter never is making that.

2. Coaches challenge on an obvious catch.

3. Allow for a 3rd 200 yd rusher against this year. This is a first in NFL HISTORY.

4. Prevent/zone coverage on the last drive of regulation.

5. Calls a time out after the ball is snapped on the field Fg

6. The bush end round - maybe not his fault but he is the HC

7. No balls ,- punts on 4th and 2 in OT

8. Not only has 10 men on the field on the 57 yd run in OT, but does the same on the Winning fg

Players may love him but he's way too disorganized and has turned a #3 schwartz d into a joke

I really hope Rex is fired Monday and Lynn is coach for the last game for no other reason than to see how the players react. Does he actually command some respect and the players actually play hard for the guy, or do they show the lack of focus and effort which has been the hallmark of the D especially under Rex.

The pervasive lack of tackling is tied to lack of effort, focus an caring by a group of players who obviously aren't playing for their coach. I'd like to see if that changes even in a meaningless game with Lynn at the helm.

@bf_insiders

We're being told that #Bills will start searching for a new HC. Running the table is what Rex had to do.

Well I'd like to see Lynn get a chance to HC this last week as aneeded audition of sorts. Not that NYJ is much of an audition. I'd like to see how he manages.

Hire Lynn As the HC as long as he gets a stud DC. This is despite his all time stupid call of the end around to Bush. Moronic call.

Btw, off if the top of my head these are the idiotic things Rex did just today;

1. 4th and 3 - don't go for it, instead attempt a 46 yd fg into the wind. Carpenter never is making that.

2. Coaches challenge on an obvious catch.

3. Allow for a 3rd 200 yd rusher against this year. This is a first in NFL HISTORY.

4. Prevent/zone coverage on the last drive of regulation.

5. Calls a time out after the ball is snapped on the field Fg

6. The bush end round - maybe not his fault but he is the HC

7. No balls ,- punts on 4th and 2 in OT

8. Not only has 10 men on the field on the 57 yd run in OT, but does the same on the Winning fg

Players may love him but he's way too disorganized and has turned a #3 schwartz d into a joke

wack him now hes set for life

It's the defense stupid...4th highest scoring offense in the league....Taylor is not great but not bad...today one of few games all year he had Watkins Clay and Woods healthy

I want NO PART of Lynn as head coach. 2nd and 12 at the 19 and you call a trick play reverse to Bush! WTH

#25 and #35 ran for nearly 225 yards combined! Your QB had 300+ on the day and that's the play call!

Please moronic call from a guy who doesn't deserve to be a head coach.

I want NO PART of Lynn as head coach. 2nd and 12 at the 19 and you call a trick play reverse to Bush! WTH

#25 and #35 ran for nearly 225 yards combined! Your QB had 300+ on the day and that's the play call!

It was a bad call but he's done a good job with the offense. The defense is the real problem

It's a Buffalo thing. When, in the past two decades, has this team NOT run stupid end-around trick plays in the worst circumstances? You could bring Vince Lombardi resurrected to Buffalo, and he'll suddenly feel the inexplicable urge to run a fake end-around Mickey-Mouse reverse !@#$tard halfback option pass...because Buffalo.

It's been reported by multiple sources that Cougjlin will be interviewed by the Jags this coming week. With reports also surfacing that Coughlin is the Pegulas favorite to replace Ryan, I definitely see the Bills making a move this week to fire Ryan, presumably after Xmas day.

It was a bad call but he's done a good job with the offense. The defense is the real problem

We had a historic day of offensive production but one call detours of from Lynn

if not for the Epic meltdown of the defense we win this game

When evaluating a OC you have to evaluate ALL the work not just one play

Top 6 in scoring

It's been reported by multiple sources that Cougjlin will be interviewed by the Jags this coming week. With reports also surfacing that Coughlin is the Pegulas favorite to replace Ryan, I definitely see the Bills making a move this week to fire Ryan, presumably after Xmas day.

I'm pretty sure that, if it comes down to the Bills, and the team that's already fired him once, he'll choose the Jags.

I didn't like the call, either. I prefer not to risk a big negative play in that situation, especially with the wind being what it was, The wind in the lower bowl wasn't terrible, but the big flags at that end of the field were moving. But in Lynn's defense, on the prior play they "ghosted" Tate, and the end around was there.

We had a historic day of offensive production but one call detours of from Lynn

Really tells you how bad that call was, doesn't it? Doesn't get much worse than overthinking your overtime redzone offense with the season on the line and putting your fate in the ends of an ice cold, aging Reggie Bush with a doomed from the start trick play...

Per his twitter. Says this was the game to save his job.

If he didn't know in previous weeks, looks like he knows now.

Listening to the reporters questioning Rex they were very snotty and disrespectful, not impressed with them at all.

I'm not a Rex fan because I don't like his defensive scheme but he doesn't deserve this treatment from these schleps.

Haha! Great post, really enjoyed it. That punt decision made me audibly laugh at the time.

punting at our own 40 was a no brainer. If we get stuffed there, like we did earlier in the game, then the game is over right there. There was plenty of time to stop them and still score but after horrible punt coverage the defense quit and laid down.